Other Solderless Cable Kits???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jokerjkny, Apr 26, 2008.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

hey all,

so we ALL know about the george l's, but there must be other solderless cable kits, no?

2. jimfog

jimfog Senior Member

Planet Waves has a decent kit......really easy and reliable, and they sound good.

Only drag is, if you want to use it for pedals, the right angle connectors are a little big, IMO.

3. LowWatt

LowWatt Member

Had Planet Waves and George L's. Kept the Planet Waves, sold the George L's. Both are good cables, but I liked the richer tone of the Planet Waves much better than the brighter tone of the George L's.

4. sharkminusbear

sharkminusbear Member

The Bill Lawrence kit is amazing, and still worth it even after they recently upped the price, I'd buy it again without thinking twice.

5. Maven

Maven Supporting Member

I've heard the lava man solderless cables are great.

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

thx guys!

will probably try the lava's, just cause its THAT much easier to order from them. that bill site is pretty atrocious. almost sketchy looking. haha...

7. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

+1000! on the Bill Lawrence cables. I've had their kit for awhile now and it rocks! :D

8. tone4days

tone4days Member

very happy with my lava solderless set ... in fact, i need a few more ends .. the price is kinda steep, but the quality is top notch

t4d

9. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

Never needed another pedalboard cable since stumbling on the Bill Lawrence cable a few years ago. Zero issues in all that time, and so amazingly simple to put together. Snip. Insert. Screw. Next. Doesn't hurt that it's cheaper than all the competitors as well.

-Ben