Otis Rush, what guitars did he use?

bbarnard

I've seen pictures of him with a 335, a Strat and a Jaguar I think. That sounds like it could have been a 335 on the site but it could also have been something else. He's changed a lot.

dirtyguitar

Gold Supporting Member
When he orignally recorded that cut for Cobra Records (late 50's) he used a strat. He spent a lot of the 70's with the red 335 for a good 335 example, check out the album "So Many Roads." But then he seemed to revert to the strat. I do not beleive he was exactly brand loyal.

IMHO - that is a sorry version of the classic on his site. Listen to the Cobra version for the real angst and power that is missing from this one.

dg

snarkle

Silver Supporting Member
A nice red Epiphone Riviera from the mid-’60s through to the mid-’70s, at least. Sounded good, too!

bbarnard

Isn't this a Jag?

superd_1187090.jpg

guitardr

I backed him up a few times around town when I was younger.

It was that white Fender Jaguar and a Gibson or Guild amp that year or so. He also used Twins & Supers if it was provided for him.

Dylan61

I backed him up a few times around town when I was younger.

It was that white Fender Jaguar and a Gibson or Guild amp that year or so. He also used Twins & Supers if it was provided for him.

WOW, do you perhaps have pics from it?

dirtyguitar

Gold Supporting Member
I know what all of you are saying about the Jags and 335s -- but the original deal was a strat.

Check out the Cobra sessions...

buddyboy

Platinum Supporting Member
No other Strat sounds like the one he used on the Cobra sessions. That is the greatest I've ever heard.

mc5nrg

Silver Supporting Member
One reason is that a lot of the Cobra sessions guitarwork is...
Ike Turner

Trending Topics

Top Bottom