Our first clip !!!

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by wooldl, Jan 9, 2006.

1. wooldl

wooldl Member

I spent a little time making a somewhat crude demo of my band. We setup some mics on the drums (609 on bass, 57 on snare/hihat, couple condensors for overheads), ran the bass amp straight to our Mackie and recorded the line out with my little Boss BR-532. Made a couple level tweaks and kept take 2. I then dubbed the guitar(me), harmonica(keyboard player), vocals and harmony vocals(me on high harmony, keys on low) and then mixed it in ACID.
    This was recorded in my buddies basement with occasional interuptions from his furnace and dog barking. :rolleyes: The only sound treatment was a moving pad hung in behind the vocal mics. I was pleasantly surprised (as this was my first recording of other in a band situation) at our results.

Anyway, check it out.

http://www.theinsomniacs.com/media.htm

Dale

2. wooldl

wooldl Member

BTW - Please give me suggestions, recommendations and tips on a clearer tone and a better mix. I am green-as-grass to recording and mixing. I am also completely open minded so no offense will be taken.

OK, fire away. :D

Thanks,
    Dale

3. Roe

Roe Member

sounds like fun!

4. E-Rock

E-Rock Member

Nice job! Great tune, nice playing all around.
    The only thing I would do is try to get the drums louder. Maybe some compression and EQ, or maybe, just bring up the faders.
    I like it!!