• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Outdoor hd 500

foureyes

Played an outdoor gig today. The first with my hd 500 and FRFR rig. I was playing my 72RI Tele mij and noticed outside it just seemed a bit lifeless to me.I didn't really have time to dial in my patches for the venue as we had no sound check or at least I didn't get one. I had been playing bass and got asked to play guitar for a second set. Anyway... It seemed to be missing that guitar amp interaction reaction thingy. I suppose if I'd had the time to dial in my patches a bit it would have been better.

Anyone else have this issue when going from playing an indoor gig to an outdoor venue?

Last edited:

eclecto-acoustic

Coal-hating feral hippie
Platinum Supporting Member
That would probably be because you get used to hearing some reverb occurring naturally. If the field is big enough, the outdoors are virtually anechoic...or dead, if you prefer.

Add a LITTLE reverb, call it good.

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
That would probably be because you get used to hearing some reverb occurring naturally. If the field is big enough, the outdoors are virtually anechoic...or dead, if you prefer.

Add a LITTLE reverb, call it good.
in my experience... this... or just crank it a little more...

foureyes

I think the stage volume was pretty low over all. The drummer was playing like he was hitting pillows. ;) haha Or maybe it was because for the first set I was playing a warrior bass through an Eden 410 bass rig and was used to feeling every note I played.

Trending Topics