OutsideGuitar.com lesson with Marc Ribot and Paul Rigby (guitarist for Neko Case).

aram

Hey Everyone,

Last year I started a new online lesson site, www.outsideguitar.com.

The first few months have been great - it's building into an awesome little community.

Now I'm starting to bring in guests.

Subscribers to the site can ask questions to these artists, and I'll be meeting up with them to conduct an "interview" of sorts with the questions, which I'll then release on the site.

What I'm really excited about is that in addition to asking questions about how they approach scales and practicing and such, I'll also be asking questions about artistic choices and aesthetics. It should be a great learning experience.

I'll be meeting up with Paul Rigby (guitarist for Neko Case) next Thursday:

and in Mid April I'll be meeting up with Marc Ribot:

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and check out the site if you get a chance: www.outsideguitar.com.

Aram

rumbletone

Silver Supporting Member
Paul is a killer player! The first time I heard him live was with John Guliak at a small venue on Commercial Drive and the playing and tone blew me away. Bigsby'd tele through a tweed Fender IIRC.

Speaking of Marc and Neko, can you ask him how he managed to participate in Neko's last album but not play guitar on it (he's credited with piano)???!!!

aram

Paul is a killer player! The first time I heard him live was with John Guliak at a small venue on Commercial Drive and the playing and tone blew me away. Bigsby'd tele through a tweed Fender IIRC.

Speaking of Marc and Neko, can you ask him how he managed to participate in Neko's last album but not play guitar on it (he's credited with piano)???!!!
yeah I've wondered about that too. I'll be sure to ask.

Bobby D

VERY cool to get some lesson material from Marc Ribot - will be checking this out for sure:D

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member
That's awesome. Both great players and my wife is nutso for Neko. We played her entire catalog while she was in labor with our daughter.

I think my favorite track of hers as far as guitar is concerned is "prison girls"

Last edited:

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member
As far as questions go, I'd love to hear any of the process of approaching/writing that song or the gear used on it.

Really anything about the recording process with her and how some of that stuff is created would be great.

aram

That's awesome. Both great players and my wife is nutso for Neko. We played her entire catalog while she was in labor with our daughter.

I think my favorite track of hers as far as guitar is concerned is "prison girls"

that's a great great track. will definitely ask about it.

aram

Yo! I'm meeting up with Paul tomorrow (Thursday) so let me know if you all have any questions for him.

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member
Yo! I'm meeting up with Paul tomorrow (Thursday) so let me know if you all have any questions for him.
Is he gonna be on the upcoming Case/Lang/Veirs tour and/or album?

Edit: because of this thread I checked for tix on a whim and scored front row.

Thanks!

Last edited:

aram

There was a bug going around on Friday, so we're meeting up tomorrow! Still time to get some questions in!

aram

Meeting up with Ribot on Thursday. Let me know if you have any more questions. Will be posting the Paul Rigby lesson to outsideguitar.com in the next couple of weeks. It was a real great conversation about music!

Trending Topics