Over 1400 Free Kemper Profiles! ( many D.I. Profiles, Bass and Acoustic Guitar Profiles, ...)

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by The-Bommel, Jul 17, 2019.

1. The-Bommel

The-Bommel Member

Have Fun with my free pack guys! :)

Many of them are D.I. and without a cab but i added some recommended cabs also.

The special thing is i often made profiles with all relevant gain and mastervolume settings and
    combinations so that the snapshots made with the kemper cover a lot more of the captures amp then other profiles.

The other special thing is i refindes most of the with 3 guitars. A Ibanez rg2550, a 60s tele and a active Schecter 8 string. I manually messed with the definition, sag, bias, tube shape and other settings in the kemper until i was happy ... i tried my best to come as close as possible guys :D

So find a Cab and EQ it to you liking and you get the biggest free pack out there! :)

I hope you find something you like guys :)

Have Fun!
    Bommel

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s3ch38aszbesi2s/AABKw4L9777OqzyTxD43wWS_a?dl=0

2. Ejay

Ejay Member

I found some nice ones in there:

Probably not how you intended them...cause I dialed some...but thats the risk of sharing stuff ;)

Vox, toneking, bassman, fender blues, PV
    ...with a noble mention for the bassman.

Most profiles are a bit scooped for my taste...prob you dial for ”heavy”...so that group of players should find something of their taste.

The-Bommel, Jose7822 and Dave Merrill like this.
  3. zryder

zryder Member

This is awesome. Thanks for the contribution.

The-Bommel likes this.
  4. Billybats

Billybats Member

That’s a lot of profile goodness. Thanks!

The-Bommel likes this.
  5. Dave Merrill

Dave Merrill Supporting Member

Dug all of those, great stuff. Nice playing too :)

No Kemper here, but still.

6. The-Bommel

The-Bommel Member

Whoa thanks so much for trying and recording @Ejay !!
    Nice tone man!

Yeah well my taste will always find its way into the profiles :D
    by not adding a cab i tried to remove a lot of my taste and to make sure that people are not fooled by the cab.
    Sometimes people do not like a great amp because of the bad cab that was used so i wanted to only give away the amp.
    But yeah there is always a bit of my taste that finds its way back into the profiles and if you try tweaked ones it is obvious :D

7. Ejay

Ejay Member

Your so right about ppl skipping amps cause of the IR. I always think its even more the mic method where 1 mm counts..then the actuall cab.
    I always audition profiles with my own cab, and usually use 1 “goto” IR for every direct profile.

Anyway..thats the great thing about direct profilen..if the gain structure is right...you can make it work...even if it was profiled with tonestack settings not 100% to your taste.

What di did you use for the direct profiles?
    And...thnx for sharing your work. Theres a lot of hours in 1400 profiles...

8. LolainNB

LolainNB Member

Please tell me more about the sound I hear in the first 20 seconds (the slow dancing type part)

How would you tell a rookie to recreate that sound? It’s gorgeous

9. Ejay

Ejay Member

Guitar: first half is a singlecoil on the neck, last part I switch to neck + middle pup. In this case a prs...but its a typical strat sound. Any strat wiring can do it.

Amp: I did nothing to the profile Bommel made. (I think, maybe turned down bass)Its a Vox amp. It sounds fendry to me though. Maybe the defenition was turned down when profiling it. In general...id say for this sound you want an amp thats a tad mid scooped, not to much definition. (typical fender)
    Drive the clean channel towards the point of breaking up with gain knob or a clean boost. You dont want distortion...but you want the preamp to operate at its maximum for clean to get some compression.

CabIR: I dont remember what cab, something I ripped of a commercial profile I kinda use for everything now.
    Nothing exotic, I like it cause it sounds like it captured a whole cab sound instead of your typical sm57 closed miced.

Delay: repeat at 1/4 notes, a repeat at dotted 1/8 note
    Verb: I added some modelation to the verb, when you can hear it modulate..its to much as a rule of thumb. I use kpa easyverb...thats 3 knobs...so not much other settings to share ;)

Posteffects: I have a default master compressor in my daw..maybe you hear some of that, cant be much.

Playing:
    I bend chords and notes a tad all the time, + small touches of the Tremelo. This causes detuned notes in the time effects...which sounds a bit like a chorus with the dry signal.

DaMilano and LolainNB like this.
  10. LolainNB

LolainNB Member

Thank you for taking the time to write down the details. It’s like watching a cooking show for me at this stage. Seeing how you built a seemingly basic sound... thank you again

11. The-Bommel

The-Bommel Member

This is one of my Kemper sounds with my IRs (these are the studio ones there are also anechoic chamber ones)

12. The-Bommel

The-Bommel Member

I added 3 new amps! :) Check the folder out! :)