1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Over a barrel (saddle that is)?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by Whiskeyrebel, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Whiskeyrebel

Whiskeyrebel Supporting Member

Is it possible to mix two-string barrel saddles and single-string diecast saddles (center screw) on the same Telecaster style bridge plate? Is the width of a barrel saddle such that it would fit in place of two cast saddles? I realize it will be necessary to drill a new hole for the intonation adjustment screw.

The reason I am thinking of doing this is to allow the installation of a Palm Pedal G and B bender without changing over to a Bigsby style bridge saddle. I figure if I can use a barrel saddle for only the two strings that mount on the bender, the other four strings can still be strung through the body in their original saddles. I can route the strings from the bender over the barrel saddle by passing them through the original holes for the intonation screws.

2. sysexguy

sysexguy Member

you should check out the guitars (crook?) Brad Paisley uses, that will answer your question.

Andy

3. Dannc6

Dannc6 Member

Crook is right. That is what he uses.

4. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Member

I put one together like that. (Not a bender).

My girlfriend couldn't stop laughing; she thought it looked foolish.

5. Whiskeyrebel

Whiskeyrebel Supporting Member

OK, I see the middle two saddles are individual and the outer four strings are in pairs over barrel saddles. Anyone know if the single saddles are custom-made for the bender so they can fit between the barrels, or if they are stock saddles?