Over the rainbow, Ted Greene arrangement

zenguitarguy

Was just fooling around with Digidesigns plugin "Eleven", which is a TDM modelling software. Made this gritty twin and noodled out one of my favorite ted greene arrangements. Sorry about the pitchy stuff, just a noodle after all, lol. My setup is a rosewood alder strat plugged directly into the DI/Instrument input on a Groove Tube VIPRE, direct into a Protools 192 HD2 at 44.1/16, verb and delay are post, (too much???... but then you can never have too much verb...lol...)

a decent sound for a plugin I say....what do you guys say...

http://www.zenbluesmusic.com/rainbowsolo.mp3

:crazy

voodoosound

Funk & Grooven member
Gold Supporting Member
May just be my speakers but dimensionally I would say it sounds good. Tonally it sounds a little to raspy for the material you are playing.

steven.rogers

Sounds awesome - although there's just a little too much OD for my tastes. Is there anywhere this arrangement is written down on paper? I love learning Ted's stuff.

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
For plug-in it sounds rather good. But that aside, I really enjoyed the playing.

zenguitarguy

Thanks guys!! Wow Ed coming from you that means a lot.
Yeah i know its gritty. I wanted to see if the plugin could emulate a twin as it starts to break up. I started playing the arrangement and kind of heard a "Lenny" kind of vibe with the strat, just so happened the record button was on and i played that tune. If I recorded thsi for real, (which i don't think I can do because I love Ted too much...lol), but i would use a jazz:dude guitar and a much cleaner sound. As far as the arrangement, it is written down in his chord thing. I am not sure what the politics are in distributing them, but I will email barbra, and if she is cool I will post it!:dude

Woodyworld

Thought it sounded great.

Playin was wonderful as expected from you. Crackin take on the tune

fig

I really liked the playing, John. I also liked the tone, although maybe not for this particular style of song.

zenguitarguy

What is realllly cool is that the sound is completely virtual, in other words the performance is recorded but i can change the amp sound to anything I want. I am impressed because it sounds reasnably good and no amp, no mic, nada....

oh yeah!!:BEER

Trending Topics

Top Bottom