overdrive/boost please help?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by kurt1981, Feb 3, 2008.

1. kurt1981

kurt1981 Supporting Member

Hey everyone, I'm running a fulldrive2 currently, and I've been using a keeley katana to fatten it up. I run the boost after the Fd2, just for a tone thickener of sorts. I'm wondering if there are any other pedals that would work better for this. I own a fat boost, but that isn't quite doing it for me either. I like the concept of the sparkledrive, but am wondering if any other pedals do this better.
    Thanks in advance,
    Kurt

2. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

As far as a fattening boost goes you could try the Durham Sex Drive or RC Booster. But it almost sounds like you want more of an overdrive than a boost, so you might try a modded Blues Driver or a Timmy for that. A good compressor like the Barber Tone Press will help with thickening your tone as well, and also even it out.

3. justintee

justintee Member

i run a SHOx2 at the start of my chain.. doesn't work well with all my boost pedals, but it complements my hotcakes somewhat well.. also i play a lot with it alone (on the second channel, boost at about 3 o'clock and volume at unity).

4. marcau

marcau Member

java boost, full range mode... screaming fatness!

5. jonathansuhr

jonathansuhr Member

I have a 1st gen Fat Boost clone and it does a mighty fine job of fattening my drive pedals. What amp are you running?