Overdrive/ distortion stacking order?

Barnzy

Silver Supporting Member
Just need a quick confirmation here...what order to stack these pedals so I can play around at home :
Timmy
DS-1 Keeley
RC booster
Barber LTD

jads57

Silver Supporting Member
There's no set order that all people will agree on, so experiment a lot! But from my perspective I'd recommend the following

Timmy>Barber LTD> DS-1> RC Booster at end will give more level, in front drive your pedals a bit harder (whichever you like, try both!)

bobwl

There's no set order that all people will agree on, so experiment a lot! But from my perspective I'd recommend the following

Timmy>Barber LTD> DS-1> RC Booster at end will give more level, in front drive your pedals a bit harder (whichever you like, try both!)
I'd probably flip the Barber and Timmy in this order, but that's just my pref. Otherwise a good start.

jads57

Silver Supporting Member
I guess the reason I'd put the Timmy first is it's a flatter more neutral od pedal as well as has the ability to be a clean boost.

TheGuildedAge

I like my timmy as an eq as well as overdrive. I think the timmy and ltd might be a bit redundant, but I would try guitar-ltd-ds-1-timmy-rc if it were my rig.

jordane93

I'd probably flip the Barber and Timmy in this order, but that's just my pref. Otherwise a good start.
same for me. I like my Timmy as my tone shaper. Remember the latest pedal in your signal change is the sound that your tone isgoing to take

guitarjazz

Gold Supporting Member
You'll have a better sound by not stacking things. Try one or two pedals at the most.