Overdrive like DBA Interstellar but with a tone control?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sws2h, Mar 2, 2015.

1. sws2h

sws2h Supporting Member

I had a DBA Interstellar Overdriver Deluxe for a short period and I really dug the sound of the standard Overdriver Deluxe side but in a band setting it was way too dark. And the "bright" side on the Deluxe was way too thin for most things (sort of like flipping on the bright switch on a Jaguar)

I'm wondering if there's something else with a similar gritty somewhat fuzzy characteristic but with maybe a tone knob to dial in some top end?

2. sws2h

sws2h Supporting Member

Maybe a Lumpy's Lemon Drop?

3. marvelboy_04

marvelboy_04 Member

Skreddy Screwdriver. Between the sharpness and body knobs, it is very easy to get the right characteristics for your drive sound, and it is incredibly touch sensitive.

4. PerFusionist

PerFusionist Supporting Member

There are lots of good fuzzy drives out there. Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver, Basic Audio Futureman, Catalinbread Karma Suture, AnalogMan AstroTone to name a few.

5. sws2h

sws2h Supporting Member

What I liked about the IS was that it was still touch sensitive, a lot of times with a fuzz set to low gain it doesn't have that characteristic. I've never had a Skreddy pedal (really interested in the Bloody Knuckle before it was discontinued) but I'll listen to some samples of the Screwdriver

6. el guapo

el guapo Supporting Member

7. sws2h

sws2h Supporting Member

Good call Guapo I remember that thing sounding great in samples

8. sws2h

sws2h Supporting Member

Got a Prescription Audio RX Overdriver on the way...bit cheaper than the Throbak but sounded as good to me the few samples I could find