overdrive pedal to stack with an Xotic SL Drive

wiltel24

What do you SL Drive users stack with it as a lead boost? Thinking of setting the SL on super bass or even super lead perhaps at lower drive levels for rhythm, then kick it up a notch or 2 or maybe 3 for leads with an od pedal. Looking for classic rock tones, nothing too heavy. Use a Fender PRRI for my 'home arena' playing pleasure only these days.

guitarman3001

What do you SL Drive users stack with it as a lead boost? Thinking of setting the SL on super bass or even super lead perhaps at lower drive levels for rhythm, then kick it up a notch or 2 or maybe 3 for leads with an od pedal. Looking for classic rock tones, nothing too heavy. Use a Fender PRRI for my 'home arena' playing pleasure only these days.
I've used several different pedals in front of the SL to push it into more sustain for leads. Can't say I have a favorite because I've found several that work very well with it but the ones currently on my board are a Mooer Yellow Comp (not an overdrive but adds a decent amount of sustain without much noise), and a Valeton Blues OD (a Boss Blues Driver clone).

anuj

Gold Supporting Member
TS (9, in my case) works beautifully. So does an EP boost, depending on the nature of you gain boost needs.

slide13

Silver Supporting Member
I actually just put my SL Drive back on my board yesterday after trying it with my Snouse Black Box Overdrive2 stacked into it. It was an awesome lead tone, really one of the best stacked combos I've come across. Have had both pedals for quite a while but don't think I had ever tried them stacked like that until yesterday. Anyway, they are both on my board now because I love the range I get with the combo. Black Box alone is my low gain sound, SL Drive alone is my mid gain sound, and together it's my high gain lead sound. I love all three tones.

Kevy_Metal

Way Huge Green Rhino Mk II. That's been my favorite TS-type pedal for stacking with an SL Drive or most any other drive.

A Boss SD-1 or SD-1w have also been great with the SL Drive.

GenoBluzGtr

Platinum Supporting Member
I have an SL as my highest gain pedal on my board. Prior to that I have a Wampler Hot Wired. The HW is a dual pedal, with a Plexi-Drive side and modded Tube Screamer side. The TS side stacks VERY well with the SL. Pushes in just the right places to make it sing and sustain better.

Tiboy

Silver Supporting Member
In the past I’ve been happy with a Suhr Kokoboost/SL combo. I’m now playing primarily through a Marshall SV. So the SL is off the board.

Trending Topics