Overdrive Poll

Curious to see which one of these takes the cake among my fellow pedal nerds at the gear page. It's purely an opinion poll and these pedals were selected based on their versatility. Options include:
-Fulltone OCD
-Skreddy Screwdriver
-Rockbox Boiling Point
-Dr. Scientist The Elements
-and of course an other option for a pedal that i absolutely must include!

Radspin

Right now I own three overdrives, all of which I'm really happy with: Jetter GS3, MHP 72 Degrees, BB Preamp. These are the most "amp-like" and least "fake" sounding I've run across. I've tried dozens of others I didn't like, mostly because they sounded too buzzy, harsh, raspy or just plain bad.

BluesHarp

Why is there one fuzz and one distortion in the poll, and why these 4 pedals out of a hundred others?

The boiling point is the only one that would do well as an "overdrive".. expressly meaning to over drive or push a tube amp.

If you like the boiling point, you should also look at the Mojo Hands Rook.

EH Soul Food, Timmy, and AM King of Tone.

scolfax

Silver Supporting Member
Based on my experience with the VFE Dark Horse I'd suggest looking into one of the many VFE overdrives. Tons of tonal options on the front and usually an internal control or two as well.

treeuh

Warning to the OP-- your choices are going to get blasted.

Personally, I like them. For me, it was between the OCD and the Skreddy... I've had both, traded the former for the latter (too good of a deal not to do it), and I rarely look back-- if anything I wish I had both. In other words, I love both. The Skreddy is more versatile though. It's wired to be a germanium fuzz, germanium boost, treble boost, and overdrive... it's got almost every area of gain covered, and it does all of those really well. One could probably get away with have three on his board and running them all differently and have a great rig.

The OCD, while dynamic and a flat-out great OD, doesn't have the variety of tones. It just does one thing outstandingly well. So...

I picked the Skreddy :)

Heady Jam Fan

TS9...

I have two of them on my board. At least one is on 90% of the time. I use my guitar volume to go from clean to mean. Versatile enough to cover all my ground.

Multicellular

FYI y'all

ver·sa·tile
vərsətl

adjective
1. able to adapt or be adapted to many different functions or activities.

I picked the Elements tho it was tough between it and Screwdriver. Couldn't get either to work for me personally, but they have a very wide array of sounds.

Trending Topics