Overdrive search - no low end loss

MesieBooga

Looking for an overdrive that doesn't lose low end. I have a Boss Super overdrive I like the tone out of. But it loses the big low end.

StratDB

I second the Box of Rock. Haven't tried the others mentioned. You could also try a Radial Tonebone Classic which has a very tweakable EQ. Also a Keeley DS-1 - they are a dime a dozen on eBay. Another option is to keep your SD-1 and mod it using a Monte Allums Mod. They're easy to do and work really well. Cheap to.

pgissi

I dont what kind of low meaning, how much OD your looking for down there but a pedal with mucho grande bottom that I have had for many years is the Roger Mayer Mongoose.

The thing is a beast with an aggressive character and more low end than many pedals I put it up against despite not even having tone controls. It hits an amp hard and has plenty of gain.

But I do agree with other posters about looking for a pedal with more than just a tone control.

I also have found in general that Boss OD pedals are light on the lows

jayn

Silver Supporting Member
Looking for an overdrive that doesn't lose low end. I have a Boss Super overdrive I like the tone out of. But it loses the big low end.

If you like it otherwise, you can add some low end back with some fairly simple mods (2 or 3 capicitors). I haven't been able to get it all back or completely remove the mid-hump, but it sounds pretty fat now (almost too fat at times).

TheWarmth

Contact Ed Rembold at Toneczar about the Dove. It's got bass, mids and treble controls as well as a few toggle switches for further tweaking.

NicDo

if your coming from the boss, maybe get a Bad Monkey. they are great- not only for the price. i use one with my zendrive all the time. i had to re-paint mine!

also- the Visual Sound Rt.66 has a really good 808 on one side, with a switch to bring back the bass.

my Keeley modded Sparkle Drive has a lot better bass response, too.

Axekisser

Mod the Sd-1 using the Monte Allums, works great!

Most ODs will cut the low end a little to reduce flubbiness. Usually you just need to increase the input cap a bit.

donbarzini

Silver Supporting Member
I tried the Landgraff Ifew years back), seemed to lose the low end too. ?

Yes, the Landgraff will cut the low end. I prefer the low end cut-off so then the Fulltone OCD may work good for you, no low end cut-off with that one.

lakesider

All the Frantone pedals have good bottom.

Brooklyn Overdrive and her version of the Big Muff called "The Sweet"

Trending Topics

Top Bottom