Overrated Special, what number did you get?

sodapopinski

I just got 535/1000 in the mail yesterday.

I haven't had a chance to plug it in yet, but I thought it would be fun to see what number other members received and to get an idea of how many tgpers picked one up.

Also, let me save some of you the time and acknowledge that it's a modified green rhino, so no need for you to post here ;)

dez

I have no idea what number I got. Not sure where the box is, but have used the pedal for 3 gigs. One loud bar gig with a Les Paul and 2 low volume gigs with Strats. The pedal does a really nice job... sounds nice and cuts through a band mix very well.

TRGuy

Just got 613 in the post! I accidentally bought 2 so I have another coming next Tuesday haha.

Plugged this in today next to the Klon and compared. Heres a controversial comment for you all, I prever the ODS over the Klon.

It sounds a lot warmer compared to the Klon, adds magic but also you have the benefit of control over the mid boost.

Love this pedal, not going to leave my board.

songtalk

Duuuuude. This new sim(ble)ulation of a ODS looks a lot like other 4 knob pedals not manufactired by Dunlop that have been out for a year!

Coming soon! An even cheaper PCB version from MXR!

I'm sure JHS is very busy "modifying" this circuit to be "better" so he doesn't get "sued".

Herb Utsmelz

'Tis what 'tis
Silver Supporting Member
I had #526 but have since sold it, really only due to size reasons. Good pedal, all hype aside.

derekeugene

Silver Supporting Member
I found one used on GC.com that was advertised as #036. Ordered it and was all stoked and it came in without the pick container. Literally no way to verify the sequential number.

Returned it and they refunded everything, but still pretty lame.

OverdriveLover

Silver Supporting Member
I called Dunlop to see and they said they only made 1000. they should have numbered the pedals though imo

Papa Smurf

I just got 535/1000 in the mail yesterday.

I haven't had a chance to plug it in yet, but I thought it would be fun to see what number other members received and to get an idea of how many tgpers picked one up.

Also, let me save some of you the time and acknowledge that it's a modified green rhino, so no need for you to post here ;)

cool! is that a pick tin that came inside too?

sa1126

I called Dunlop to see and they said they only made 1000. they should have numbered the pedals though imo
They did number them, that is what people are posting here.

I assumed they all sold out but a shop here just got some in stock so I was just curious if they are no longer a limited edition. Someone has one on reverb for $1000 :horse

OverdriveLover

Silver Supporting Member
They did number them, that is what people are posting here.

I assumed they all sold out but a shop here just got some in stock so I was just curious if they are no longer a limited edition. Someone has one on reverb for $1000 :horse
apparently the pick tins are numbered but the pedals are not? that's surprising too me. is that really right? not numbered on the inside?

I specifically asked if they only made a 1000 and they said yes, but a second shipment of the original 1000 just went out.

Trending Topics