Overtone..head and 1x12 cabs done!

candh

Just a few pics of the Overtone in a plexi window head and matching 1x12. I had a good time building this one eventhough it takes a lot more time to do the stringed edges. I'm done tweaking the circuit (for now) and it's sounding pretty damn fine.

Very pretty! Totally awesome tolex job.

Wouldn't there normally be a metal ground shield on the inside top of the box? Therefore would it be more apt to pickup hum with only the plexiglass? Maybe it will be fine as long as you don't put an old rack device on top of it. I find some amps do fine without any shield, but it depends on where the gig is.

That said the window sure looks cool. Kinda like those stereo rigs and sub woofer cabs in 'dem jacked up (or down) gangsta rides.

Cheers,
GK

slipslick

That is simply beautiful! Having worked with tolex I recognize how hard it is to come up with a finished product. Would love to hear some clips.

candh

Very pretty! Totally awesome tolex job.

Wouldn't there normally be a metal ground shield on the inside top of the box? Therefore would it be more apt to pickup hum with only the plexiglass? Maybe it will be fine as long as you don't put an old rack device on top of it. I find some amps do fine without any shield, but it depends on where the gig is.

That said the window sure looks cool. Kinda like those stereo rigs and sub woofer cabs in 'dem jacked up (or down) gangsta rides.

Cheers,
GK
Hey Glenn,

Ha..ha.. Should be noisy as a banshee but it surprisingly isn't even with the gain up (and anyone who plays an Overtone will tell you there is plenty of gain available). Andy Fuches built his all plexi show head cab so I figured I'd try a plexi window.

Actually, this head was built with the window because I have been asked to enter some of my amps in a big modern art show in May....lol. Normally, I wouldn't bother going through the trouble.

It does have a kinda "You've been pimped" feel to it...lol.

ChrisL

candh

Designed, cut, assembled, and tolexed, by little ol me. As for the 1x12 vs 2x12...I just wanted a compact build for this project. Also, lately a 1x12 is about all people around here seem to want.

gooma

Awesome looking headshell and cab!!!!:BEER

Great work, love the plexi style see through window too!!

Brad

candh

Awesome looking headshell and cab!!!!:BEER

Great work, love the plexi style see through window too!!

Brad
Hey, thanks Brad. I've admired your work for quite a while now. I'd love to get a few "sticks" of that beautiful Jarrah you guys have down there.

ericb

Silver Supporting Member
Hey Candh, that looks beautiful.. Show these guys some of your other cabs and heads you've designed.. You have some of the nicest designs I've ever seen (I've seen a few of your threads on other forums)

Eric

Trending Topics