• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Overwound A3s or A5s for Teles?

So, I'm trying to figure out what kind of tele pickups I want in the future. I currently have a '52 RI and I might want to switch out the pickups for something a little hotter. For moderate rock/alternative tones on mid-gain amps, do you guys prefer A5s (like modern tele pickups) or A3s (like old Broadcaster/Nocasters)?

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
I like an A3 or A4 in the bridge and an A2 in the neck - but that's just me.

Quarter

I like a good set of hot A3's for some rock n roll fun. So much so that is what I patterned this 8 string set after for my Junkyard Dog prototype.

readymade

Meet in the middle and try the A4. I have the Bare Knuckle Yardbird set in my Tele and those pups sounds WONDERFUL.

Trending Topics