Ownhammer 'Heavy Hitters Collection' preview with big riffs and solo's! (Axe FX Mesa Triaxis)

Guitarjon

Hi everybody!

I wrote a track with my Ibanez TAM10 8-string to demonstrate a cool new Ownhammer release that I want to share with you guys.
I've been wanting to make a good demo with riffs and solo's for the Triaxis yellow channel too (USA pre lead yellow) and when I plugged my guitar into my Axe FX XL+ using this amp model it felt right!!
I got some good 8-string tones without using any drive pedal models so that means this amp model can sound pretty tight!

This guitar had to grow on me a little but now it's one of my favorite guitars.
I love the Dimarzio pick-ups in it with the whole coil tapping thing.

So as some of you may already know Ownhammer is releasing a very cool pack in the near future called the 'Heavy Hitters Collection' featuring 4 amazing 4x12 cabinets.
For this demo I chose the 412 MES (which is based on a straight Mesa recto cab) with the H30 speaker option.
I am very stoked about this pack!
If you want to know more I recommend checking the V4 thread in the user cab section of the Axe FX forum here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...response-libraries.112901/page-3#post-1353239

I hope you enjoy this tune!

btw, here is also a cool picture of all the 4x12 cabs that will be included in the HHC OH pack:

veritechc

Sounds fantastic. You are very talented. Now I will be breaking my guitars, lol.

And taking another at the Triaxis. I have found a that I love the Mesa amps from using my Axe Fx.

Guitarjon

Thanks guys!
I'm currently working on a demo for the DZL.
The V30 in that one could very well be my favorite IR collection EVER!

Ericjutsu

awesome. Youre demos are what made me try out Ownhammer again after not liking their previous IRs (V3). I wish they added the Bog ST and Engl to that collection though..

Elric

Jon's stuff is always stellar. Those AFX Metallica tone matches he did were epic. This OH pack looks like it may be a day one for me.

fremen

Vendor
Jon, will this cab be part of the heavy hitters collection ? It's sold separately, so I'm a little confused here… And what's the difference with the previous V4 Mesa cabs ?

Guitarjon

Jon, will this cab be part of the heavy hitters collection ? It's sold separately, so I'm a little confused here… And what's the difference with the previous V4 Mesa cabs ?
Yes it will be a part of the HHC and it's different to the ones sold separately.
Kevin put together a FAQ on the Ownhammer site to explain the differences between all the mesa cabs.
I would recommend checking that out.
One thing is for sure, it's going to be great!

Trending Topics