Ownhammer IR's- I'm sold

sinasl1

Silver Supporting Member
Guys, if you record guitar or play live with IR's, you owe it to yourself to check out the Ownhammer Studio Mix collections.

They are the first IR's that I like as much (more than, maybe?) my own. They are so balanced and I love the mic positions and mixes of mics they chose.

No paid endorsement here or anything, I bought em yesterday after trying some of their new ultra res ones included with the Axe FX v13 firmware. I was impressed so I bought the modern and vintage Studio Mix collections done with the Marshall 4-12".

Just great great tones, someone who made these really knew their stuff, and we can all benefit. Great work and thanks, Ownhammer!

trailrun100s

Guys, if you record guitar or play live with IR's, you owe it to yourself to check out the Ownhammer Studio Mix collections.

They are the first IR's that I like as much (more than, maybe?) my own. They are so balanced and I love the mic positions and mixes of mics they chose.

No paid endorsement here or anything, I bought em yesterday after trying some of their new ultra res ones included with the Axe FX v13 firmware. I was impressed so I bought the modern and vintage Studio Mix collections done with the Marshall 4-12".

Just great great tones, someone who made these really knew their stuff, and we can all benefit. Great work and thanks, Ownhammer!
Can you use them with Two Notes Torpedo Live?

Are the mic positions fixed?

rburkard

Double Platinum Member
I bought the Ownhammer mixes several months ago and implemented them into my Torpedo live. The IRs are fantastic and sound not only way better than my own poor efforts in creating my own, but also better than my recorded mic cab combinations. Awesome stuff.

sinasl1

Silver Supporting Member
Can you use them with Two Notes Torpedo Live?

Are the mic positions fixed?
Yes and yes. And they don't give you a ton of mic positions- what they do is give you one GREAT position per mic, individual mics that all sound like they were positioned really well- and then they give you blends of these mics, mixed down into "mix" IR's. I'm happy just using their pre-mixed IR's, I think they sound terrific. I might mess around with the individual mics later on in a program that lets you blend IR's. But it's instant gratification using the mix IR's.

Hey Pete

I completely agree with this - the OwnHammer IR's are the absolute best IR's I've ever tried / heard / used.
I almost exclusively use the Studio Mix Series OwnHammer IR's in my Axe Fx II presets, and have never had better tones.
Kevin really knows how to mic a cab/speaker.
With the UltraRES versions becoming available, it's only going to get even better - I love what I've heard and felt from the few OH UltraRES IR's that I tried so far.
I go direct to DAW, FOH and Atomic Active CLR / IEM using the OH IR's.

Disclaimer : I've been beta testing the OwnHammer IR's from the first Studio Mix Series pack and forward, but I'm not in any way employed by or paid or anything by OwnHammer.
In fact I've purchased the Studio Mix Series pack's for my own $ when they were released, even though I had most of what's in each pack form the beta test files.

trailrun100s

Yes and yes. And they don't give you a ton of mic positions- what they do is give you one GREAT position per mic, individual mics that all sound like they were positioned really well- and then they give you blends of these mics, mixed down into "mix" IR's. I'm happy just using their pre-mixed IR's, I think they sound terrific. I might mess around with the individual mics later on in a program that lets you blend IR's. But it's instant gratification using the mix IR's.
Thanks! That's what I was hoping to hear...

I'll check them out...