• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Oxbow Wah v RMC10 Wah

exodus

Has anyone owned both the Oxbow Wah and RMC10 and compared them? I'm looking for vintage Vox/Hendrix wah tones, and these two seem to be directed at that. Any thoughts appreciated.

exodus

Do you still own the Oxbow or did you move on to something else? (for better or worse...)

tinkercity

Silver Supporting Member
Owned both and currently own the Oxbow. It's very...very close to an original Clyde. The RMC10 was cool but a bit brighter and thinner to me. It's meant to capture Jimi's live tone if I remember correctly. I love the Oxbow for recording and use a Teese Wizard wah for live work.

Echomachine

Do you still own the Oxbow or did you move on to something else? (for better or worse...)
No I don't have it anymore. I returned it to the builder because it wasn't tracking on the higher notes. I would not hesitate to buy another one though.

MasterEvan07

Gold Supporting Member
First I've heard of the Oxbox...hmm...any more/better history/info on the company? Their "about" isn't very informative.

OverDrivenGtr

Silver Supporting Member
I'm new to hearing of the Oxbow as well, I've had my RMC10 for a couple years now. I do find myself wishing the 10 had more "body" or growl to it. It quacks just like I want it to but thins out my tone a tad. Is the Oxbow the fatter, beefier RMC10??

fenderbender4

Platinum Supporting Member
I didn't AB with a RMC10 but I have an Oxbow that I AB'ed with a Proanalog Supa Quack (hallowed Wah copy) and the Oxbow won out. If you like bright go for the Proanalog or maybe a few others. But for me, the Oxbow really does well with the throaty, lower frequency sweep kind of thing. More Hendrix/Clapton rather than GnR/Collective Soul (for some reason he used a wah a lot).

turtleboy3

No I don't have it anymore. I returned it to the builder because it wasn't tracking on the higher notes. I would not hesitate to buy another one though.
Which wah did you end up with? I also like the oxbow but it does not get enough high frequency in youtube videos

friend33

Gold Supporting Member
It looks like the oxbow is modeled after the Italian Vox picture wah. The closest Teese pedal would be his RMC 4 picture wah, wouldn't it? IIRC, the RMC 10 is based on a crybaby wah, which historically has that thinner, brighter sound.

Felixun1

I have had both the RMC 10 and the picture wah, plus many others (fulltone, crybaby, buddah, vox, etc.). I can say without hesitation that the Oxbow is head and shoulders above all of them. This is the wah sound I always wanted, at the risk of wounding melodramatic. The RMC 10 was my last one before this, and it was excellent, but the Oxbow has so much more midrange beefiness to it, not thin like the RMC's or gritty like some of the others.

Trending Topics