Oxford 12T6 Speaker Opinions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by The Dirty Tube, Apr 29, 2015.

1. The Dirty Tube

The Dirty Tube Member

Any opinion on the Oxford 12T6 speakers that were standard issue in Fender Twin Reverbs?

How about the 1970's 12T6, specifically?

Other than the Twin Reverb, anyone know what other models the 12T6 appeared in? Of course I figure the "big" 6L6 driven models have the 12T6, but if anyone can offer some personal experience, that would be nice.

Thanks!

2. billyguitar

billyguitar Member

I've got a Vox 4x12 cab that has speakers that look just like those only painted Vox Gold.

3. The Dirty Tube

The Dirty Tube Member

Any identification numbers on them?

4. billyguitar

billyguitar Member

There's about 50 screws holding the back on. I bought it about 10 years ago and never looked at it again. It's Thomas Organ made in USA.

5. swiveltung

swiveltung Member

The BF/SF Bassman and Bandmaster came with the 12T6 also. The Pro's used the 12L6.
    I've not had a 12T6 for many years. I had the worn out Pro Reverb 12L6's reconed properly last year. They were amazing when done, huge bottom end etc. I think the "Oxfart" name comes from people playing 40+ year old speakers and expecting them to sound great. many Oxfords and Utah have a nice richness to them in my opinion.

6. Mezzamort

Mezzamort Member

I have a 1969 12T6 that came by request in my 1969 Fender Deluxe Reverb reconed it in 2015 and sounds better than when new of course it was done by Dutch at Vin-Tone Great Job and Great Speaker !!!