Oye Como Va

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Birddog, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Birddog

Birddog Member

I record most of our gigs. While this isn't a prime example of my playing, it is unique. We're a six-piece band and our Santana songs are an integral part. Well, when we're short a keyboard player -- which happens all too frequently unfortunately due to his lack of commitment -- we usually dispense with Oye Como Va and Black Magic Woman. This time (last saturday) we were without a keyboard player and we got a request for Oye. So, I begged the lead singer "don't do every solo..." and he not only called out EVERY keyboard and guitar solo, but also added one at the end, which ends up with like, 5 solos. I got credited from the rest of the band at the end, at least! Lots of wankery here, and a few mistakes, but I thought you might enjoy hearing a fellow TGP'er on full improvisational mode. I literally made most of this up as I went along. Recorded with one mic, but the quality is okay. Not looking for killer commentary here since I KNOW what I did wrong and where, but I'm just sharing.

http://wildernesswanderer.com/American%20Legion%20Music/Oye%20Como%20Va.mp3

A few photos from the gig. I'm on the LP:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fakeox

fakeox Member

Sounds good!

3. Birddog

Birddog Member

Thanks Ox. Great artwork, btw. Good stuff. I especially like this one:

Joel

[​IMG]

4. Ed Alvarado

Ed Alvarado Member

Sounds cool Bro! If I had a nickel for everytime I played that tune in the last 30yrs I'b be a rich man...LOL

5. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Good work Joel ...
    Brought a big smile to my face ...!!