• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Ozone 8 on Sale

stephenT

So I bought the Standard version for $99 as an upgrade to Ozone Maximizer rack extension for Reason (paid $25 in 2015). Contacted iZotope and asked for any special deals on upgrades. Was kinda blown away when they allowed an upgrade from one of their products that wasn't listed as upgradeable.

A great deal from the regular price of $249 ($199 now without an upgradeable product).

Any tips, links to your preferred tutorials,..

stephenT

I've watched the Izotope tutorials and they are OK, nicely produced. Found a $5 coupon for Groove3 training videos and went for Ozone 8 Explained. 15 videos for $18 w/ my $5,... great information,.. well presented and easy to follow. Happy duck.

stephenT

after working w/ the standard version for a day I decided to upgrade to Ozone 8 Advanced, another $94.05. So I'm into the pro version for under $200. A bit over a $100 less than the current sale price of $299.

over the last few days I've remastered three songs quite a few times and I'm beginning to feel comfortable.

The assistant is great for a starting point, also mastered one track by loading a Bill Frisell song for reference, too cool.

Jason Calieri

Silver Supporting Member
I’m considering buying either the Standard or Advanced version - is the Advanced worth the extra $?

stephenT

sws1

The bang for the buck is the music production suite, which comes with Ozone advanced. There is ALOT included in that bundle.

Crowder

Dang Twangler
Gold Supporting Member
At one time I had Ozone and Neutron and hoped it was the answer for me. I found they made all my folky Americana stuff sound really phony. Maybe it’s a horses for courses thing. I might feel different if I was making dance music.

I moved to Slate for faux mastering and I like it much better for what I do. Ymmv

At one time I had Ozone and Neutron and hoped it was the answer for me. I found they made all my folky Americana stuff sound really phony. Maybe it’s a horses for courses thing. I might feel different if I was making dance music.

I moved to Slate for faux mastering and I like it much better for what I do. Ymmv
I could see that. They’re two different price points.

I bought it awhile back, but haven’t really dived into it. The reason for getting it was due to someone I kinda somewhat know mastering a song with it. He didn’t use the presets and he was very sparing with what he did, but it sounded good. He a/b’d his version compared to the assistant version and they were night and day in dynamics and sheen.

I think a lot of us get Ozone and we rely to much on the presets or the quick fix which isn’t giving a fair shake to the program.

Crowder

Dang Twangler
Gold Supporting Member
I could see that. They’re two different price points.

I bought it awhile back, but haven’t really dived into it. The reason for getting it was due to someone I kinda somewhat know mastering a song with it. He didn’t use the presets and he was very sparing with what he did, but it sounded good. He a/b’d his version compared to the assistant version and they were night and day in dynamics and sheen.

I think a lot of us get Ozone and we rely to much on the presets or the quick fix which isn’t giving a fair shake to the program.
Agree 100% and guilty as charged.

When I need something mastered well I send it to a guy who knows what he’s doing. When I’m just trying to fake it, I need presets and the Slate ones work better for me.

Agree 100% and guilty as charged.

When I need something mastered well I send it to a guy who knows what he’s doing. When I’m just trying to fake it, I need presets and the Slate ones work better for me.
Yea, I get that. I would also guess the Slate stuff is probably better from what I’ve read.

I’m hoping to one day get my ear use to knowing what to listen for and what things I like.

I’ll use presets on plugins for a starting point, but I try my best to never rely on them. I’m afraid of it turning into a crutch.

after working w/ the standard version for a day I decided to upgrade to Ozone 8 Advanced, another $94.05. So I'm into the pro version for under $200. A bit over a $100 less than the current sale price of $299.

over the last few days I've remastered three songs quite a few times and I'm beginning to feel comfortable.

The assistant is great for a starting point, also mastered one track by loading a Bill Frisell song for reference, too cool.
Here is something I did awhile back. I didn’t use Ozone on this, but you mentioned Frisell. It was written and recorded pretty quickly just to have something I could mix. lol

I usually use an amp, but for this all the guitars were recorded direct using the Logic Sims.

I listen to it now and hear things I would have done different, but still thought it turned out good for what it was.

A Warm Rain by MelodicDreamers on #SoundCloud

Last edited:

stephenT

Very nice sounds, I dig it. big and wide and clear.

I think this is one line in from the source audio nemesis and the other to a Goodsell 17 w head into a "MicroRoom", isolation box w/ a sm57 and a 6" speaker.

now, this would be my Dr. Seuss version of Bill Frisell, Bill's a genius, I'm a hack bar guitar player.

Here is something I did awhile back. I didn’t use Ozone on this, but you mentioned Frisell. It was written and recorded pretty quickly just to have something I could mix. lol

I usually use an amp, but for this all the guitars were recorded direct using the Logic Sims.

I listen to it now and hear things I would have done different, but still thought it turned out good for what it was.

A Warm Rain by MelodicDreamers on #SoundCloud

Last edited:
Very nice sounds, I dig it. big and wide and clear.

I think this is one line in from the source audio nemesis and the other to a Goodsell 17 w head into a "MicroRoom", isolation box w/ a sm57 and a 6" speaker.

now, this would be my Dr. Seuss version of Bill Frisell, Bill's a genius, I'm a bar hack guitar player.

Sounded good. I’m a hack too. I also have a Goodsell S17, but I got the 1x12 version.

Bob Maximus

Gold Supporting Member
I use Ozone 8. I use the reference track option. I found that the mastering EQ is VERY dependent on the reference track, and section of the reference track you use. I have really had to sample against a lot of tracks to come up with mastered tracks that I like. But once I find the EQ I like, Ozone 8 pretty much gets me there on my tracks. It's a very good tool.

Trending Topics