Ozric Tentacles!!!

Sean French

Just sitting here scoping out TGP and listening to Ozric's CD Become The Other in the proper frame of mind.
I love this disc.
What an awesome group of musicians.They groove so heavily.
I've been a fan since '91 when I was turned on to them while living in Germany.
I've got 7 CD's yet I find BTO my personal fav.

Nothing beats this disc for flying down the autobaun at 120mph!!!
Just sayin......

fetishfrog

I bought one CD of theirs years ago, can't remember the name of it, but I know I really liked it. I'll have to dig it up.

One of my favorite bands, and the album you mentioned is one of their finest. I prefer the earlier incarnations, which featured more live jamming, but their later work has plenty of cool moments too.
I highly recommend the "Sunrise Festival" live DVD/CD for anyone who's a fan.

Thor

One of my favorite bands of all-time. I listen to them on a very regular basis. have 10+ of their releases. Have only been able to catch them live 2 times, but the delivered both times.

Just listened to "Floors Too Far Away" and "Erpland" during my last night shift. Great energy to keep you going!

Rumblefish

I love the Ozrics,but I have to say that Ed's gtr approach sometimes annoys me.Other times he blows me away.The keyboard player/programmer is in my opinion the most wonderful,soulful,psychedelic synth player since Rick Wright.
My favorite record of theirs is still live Underslunky.
Good to be recognizing them here.
I saw them live back in the 90's and they tore the place up.

huw

I can remember a lot of good times at their gigs...

...and I also can't remember a lot of good times at their gigs... ;)

Great fun. I love Steve Hillage, and at times OT sounded like a SH tribute, but done their own way.

Beth

Silver Supporting Member
Any relation to Squidward Tentacles? :p

Interesting music though. I hadn't heard them before.

Trending Topics