• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

P-Bass..... swweeeet

LarryNJ

I can only IMAGINE how sweet that Dark-Starred Sounds!! !! !!

(...I happen to have a 2-pup DarkStarr'd Lakland USA Decade in Fiesta Red no less...heh heh heh heh..)

But back on trax- Are those NASH P''s up there??

I can only IMAGINE how sweet that Dark-Starred Sounds!! !! !!

(...I happen to have a 2-pup DarkStarr'd Lakland USA Decade in Fiesta Red no less...heh heh heh heh..)

But back on trax- Are those NASH P''s up there??

Yes mate, the Dakota Red and Oly White Ps are both Nashes.

The Dark Star really cuts through in a power trio. Very authoritative, more mids than a split P bass pup.

Here's a recording straight off the desk at a recent gig ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqJ9rrKK2IA

Last edited:

LarryNJ

I KNEW it- I can tell a Nash by the vibe!

Here's my '55 Blonde:

Lollar SC, absolutely killer P Bass,

and now, for a brief Dark-Star Hijack, before we return to our sponsor:

Imagine the fine workmanship of a USA Lakland with (2) DarkStars.
Like good sex!

Kewl, huh?

And btw, for some reason your audio link isn't showing up....

lpdeluxe

Now,Imagine if you will, the P-Bass (mine for instance) as it sounds being played through
THIS!

That is how itz done, Old-School:D
I sold my '63 B15N a few years ago, but my '51 RI through one belonging to a friend is a bass tone you can take the whole band for a ride on around the block.

But the Mesa Boogie is lighter, more powerful, and doesn't double as a space heater.

And doesn't require the expensive maintenance and repair....

LarryNJ

The WalkAbouts are about as near a phat B15 sound as you're going to get; really great rigs.
I had the head when they first came out, one of the early "micro" rigs that is now bigger, heavier, and less powerful than the SMPS/ Class D stuff going on. Wow, time flies.

But the (2) 12AX7A's in the WA do a lot of good, and the Scout Combo is a brilliant rig.

I also had an early '70's B15N, my first "pro" level rig. My 2-year old NOS B15R is a thing of beauty to me, sounds incredible and looks like it belongs in the Smithsonian!

P-Basses and tube/or seriously voiced hybrid rigs like the Scout-
Classic.

I KNEW it- I can tell a Nash by the vibe!

Here's my '55 Blonde:

Lollar SC, absolutely killer P Bass,

Imagine the fine workmanship of a USA Lakland with (2) DarkStars.
Like good sex!

Kewl, huh?

And btw, for some reason your audio link isn't showing up....

Nice Nash you have there too. Both mine have Lollars, wonderful pickups.

Two Dark Stars would be a monster I'm sure!

For some reason the YouTube forum tags didn't work with that link, so I've just put the URL there instead

LarryNJ

We love Bass TONE!

That is why we come here!
The TONES from that '55 Nash (as well as all Bill's basses)...
The TONES from a DarkStarr'd Bass...

Thru a good rig (Personally, TUBES do it for me; but a good SS or Hybrid rig will work too)..

The TONES from those Basses...
A TRUE thing of beauty, when it's in the zone-

Not many things better- and that includes Megan Fox e.g who no doubt is even higher-maintenance than an all-tube rig, albeit lighter; easier to carry around....

The TONE!
The TONE!:rotflmao

cram

Aww wow! I have to take some good pictures of mine. The checking in the finish is damn cool looking. Because of this thread, I got into a groove with it and a drum machine the other night! Way cool instrument.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Jerryr

Got to play my first major (for me) gig with my P-Basses last week. Man, I'm loving them..... I think the sound man did to. I recorded from the mixer and there was a ton of bass in the mix :) My only mistake may have been going to heavy on the compression. The sound was a little flattened although I'm sure it cut through well enough.

Now..... I'm really temped to pickup a Squire Classic Vide 50's P-Basses for practice and noodling around. I really love that early 50's look..... very earthy and functional.

I've got a 1964 B-15N that a picked up in a pawn shop in the mid 70's. I only used it a couple of times before deciding that it wasn't cutting it for gigs. I think the speaker was blown when I got it and I still haven't replaced it. That's on the list.

Jeff Michael

P bass + flats = perfecto. Leo, you clever nonplayer bastard...how did you get it so right?

Y'all oughtta hear my '75 P w/Jamerson LaBellas (or the '54 copy I built, also w/Jamerson LaBellas)* through...

...my 1961 B15N. Mmm mmm mmm.

JAM

* or any other bass whatsoever.

Trending Topics