1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

Praise & Worship Rigs/Pedalboards

As a long time P&W player I wanna chime in on helping give direction and description on this particular type of thread and P&W threads in general.

Most tones anyone could like will work for most general styles of P&W. Within the P&W style there are a handful of different flavors. P&W is more defined by the purpose of the music than how it sounds - although it can definitely have its sound but it varies.
    So in our search and displays of our gear for P&W, we examine the style of P&W our current playing situations hold and then we choose a tone and hear we like and we all win

This thread will also serve as a means of discussion of methods & gear that has and can potentially helps others playing in the same arena of music.

EDIT/UPDATE: Helix
    ^
    Posts about Helix will now be denoted by titling it so in red as seen above.

Posts about pedalboards will carry the label Pedalboard and be green as shown.

More subjects and colors to come ;)

It's been awhile since I've posted an updated pic so here we go.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  2. TheoDog

TheoDog Silver Supporting Member

I know I put this at the end of the last thread, but I like to stay current mostly as a record to myself. There is a small chance I will make it through this whole thread without a change in the pedalboard
    [​IMG]

3. venivici

venivici Member

New thread, same rig. This has been and will be my setup for a while with no plans to change it any time soon.

Pedalboard
    [​IMG]

Amp
    [​IMG]

gstring, Spiece86, Kantjazz and 9 others like this.
  4. papersun

papersun Member

5. RCstudios

RCstudios Gold Supporting Member

Interesting placement for your tuner? Usually see them at the beginning of the chain or the end. What's the thinking for the center placement? Just curious....
    Thanks

paul q likes this.
  6. joshuanick

joshuanick Member

7. talbotpat

talbotpat Member

8. mmcquain

mmcquain Member

9. tanee

tanee Member

I know I've placed mine after the ods just in case I need to turn it off real quick before things get too noisy.

10. TheoDog

Works as instant mute. If the tuner is first and I hit it to mute, I would be sending gain (possible modulation) down the chain. After the drive, the tuner mute really is silent. Before the delay and reverb so I can let trails go while muted.
    I use this by ending a phrase/song with a long trail reverb, hit the tuner/mute, swap guitars without awkward silence, verify tuning, unmute, continue.

Spanndrew, Wobb Li, paul q and 2 others like this.
  11. idma

idma Member

I'm debating on getting a uni-vibe or a chorus for my board. I don't need anything super fancy, but theres a difference between the two. How and when do you use your uni-vibe?

12. jsteel

jsteel Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gstring, BGReed2, macmax77 and 9 others like this.
  13. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

here's mine

[​IMG]

the M9 replaced my Flint, H2O and Echo Park. Planning to eventually add the newer DTD when it's released, and considering a Superego or Freeze... and possibly some type of fuzz (Mojohand Crosstown and Cusack Screamer Fuzz are both on my radar). But i'm very happy with this setup. Covers ALOT of ground

14. 72Telecaster

72Telecaster Silver Supporting Member

15. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

wow still the first page, and already a lot of pics are up, hope to get one up soon, about redo my board.

16. thkh

thkh Member

These are really nice boards. Awesome

17. to_be_released

to_be_released Member

Here's my current setup, it's unlikely to change any time soon.

[​IMG]

I'm loving the stereo field of the el cap and flint, even when the two amps are sitting directly on top of each other.

gstring and Castlebreath like this.
  18. TheoDog

It adds an interesting boost if needed for leads. Adds curiosity to a pad (Flint 80's verb) and pitches in anywhere a phaser would make sense. Also can sub for chorus if needed, but by the time I care enough to differentiate, it's just "any modulation will do"
    It's not as emphatic as a phaser, which I sometimes prefer, and it is watery like a chorus.

19. jordane93

jordane93 Member

I use vibe for some solos and lead lines. It also sunds nie for swells and slow parts of songs.

20. venivici

venivici Member

Thanks! It took me a while to get here. I tried a ton of pedals, and this is just works best for me.