P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

If I could have any bass, I'd get a Gibson 335 bass.

2. dickjonesify

dickjonesify Member

I’ve got more to share from this weekend but I think I’m oversaturating the market haha.

I may post a third tonight :nuts or just wait until next week since I’m not playing and may have withdrawals.

JonCor2577 and boyce89976 like this.
  3. boyce89976

boyce89976 Supporting Member

I’d love to hear it!

JonCor2577, yeatzee and John K. like this.
  4. John K.

John K. Member

Haha actually I don’t really go on Reddit. I read the shower thoughts section occasionally when I’m bored.
    I do go on Imgur every once in a while, since I upload pics there for this site.

5. John K.

John K. Member

Haha you guys probably know by now that recordings aren’t my strong suit. I’ll try, though.

boyce89976 likes this.
  6. flatulentmatt

flatulentmatt Member

Is there a particular reason you use DCAs rather than Groups? Just curious, because we can use either on our console but we're currently using Groups.

7. boyce89976

USB out straight into GarageBand. Levels peak at -12db. You got this! Haha

8. yeatzee

yeatzee Member

I text him leading up to the practice, I basically decide what parts we do and make those decisions based on whether he's got the effects to do certain parts (i.e. no swells, no modulation, doesn't use reverb really, etc). I split the leads / solo's as in half as I can to be fair. I'll give that a try for Christmas Eve when we're both playing.

Not at all, I asked! I want the feedback because I don't have anyone to give me that in person which is why I appreciate those that give it to me here! I'm definitely at the very least going to show whoever mic's his amp how to do it better, and maybe ask if he wants the isolated tracks for him to hear himself and hopefully let him figure it out on his own :dunno

Media makes the thread interesting, no reason not to share I'm sure at least 80% of us enjoy listening to the clips.

kdm1218, Gonash and boyce89976 like this.
  9. Zack.LW

Zack.LW Member

2.30 AC30 is no slouch. Definitely can tell that they did some under the hood tweaking of that model.

redmonda, -Empire and John K. like this.
  10. boyce89976

Nice! When it’s time, ask him “hey can you get a really fat, meaty tone for that rhythm part?” You May find that he thinks his tone is fat, or he may say ‘sure’ or “how should I do that”? I wouldn’t send him his isolated tracks until you know what his perception is.

If I had to guess, his mic is very close to the center of the cone, pointed straight at it. It may take moving it an inch or two, or just pointing it off axis.

Good luck!

kingrazor and yeatzee like this.
  11. John K.

John K. Member

PC :/
    I've got Live 9 Lite. I'll try haha.
    Is -12db the optimal recording level? I just started level matching my presets to -10db to -5db. And that's with no pedals or boosts. But that was the level I got when I set my patches to just over unity gain from guitar straight in...

boyce89976 likes this.
  12. boyce89976

For recording yes. Don’t worry to much about it otherwise.

13. kingrazor

kingrazor Member

I don't have enough buses left to use groups. Currently using them all for monitors and/or overflow areas.

flatulentmatt likes this.
  14. John K.

John K. Member

So do you typically reduce your Kemper's output for recording as opposed to when you run it live? Or do you just run it live at that level?

15. yeatzee

yeatzee Member

Audacity is small, easy to use and free for quick recording on PC

boyce89976, John K. and kingrazor like this.
  16. John K.

John K. Member

I've just downloaded that. Is there a way to load Helix Native into Audacity? I see it appearing in the list of plugins after I copied Helix Native to the plugin folder for Audacity, but I can't seem to find a way to open it and edit.

boyce89976 likes this.
  17. yeatzee

yeatzee Member

No clue, I thought we were just talking about easy USB recording haha

boyce89976 likes this.
  18. dickjonesify

dickjonesify Member

You should be able to use it like any other plugin if you put it in the Audacity Plug-ins folder.

boyce89976 likes this.
  19. John K.

John K. Member

Yeah, I think Audacity will be easier for me to use for recording in general, especially if I just use the hardware Helix into an interface.
    I don't know if I would ever need to use Helix Native for recording, but I want to use it for editing presets or testing sounds without the hardware with me, so I want an easy VST loader for that.

boyce89976 likes this.
  20. justinbunte

justinbunte Member

Do you know if there is a way to reroute the effects from buses 13-16 to somewhere else? I finally figured out that the only way to pan channels using the M32-Q app is by linking 2 bus channels to be stereo. Make a HUGE difference being able to pan things in the app.

So since there's 16 bus channels you can theoretically have 8 stereo IEM mixes -- however, the M32 internal effects are taking up bus channels 13-16. I've looked around online but haven't read anything confirming whether that is possible or not. With as much routing capabilities as the M32 has it would seem ridiculous for that to not be included.