P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. btjguitarman

btjguitarman Supporting Member

.... Russell Crowe one? I don’t know what you’re talking about

2. papersun

papersun Member

we sure the heck are

me irl:

[​IMG]

3. yeatzee

yeatzee Member

Did nobody post their Christmas eve service recordings or did I just miss them in the sea of posts? Last night I finally started going through our files.

boyce89976 likes this.
  4. boyce89976

boyce89976 Supporting Member

I posted our version of The First Noel because, I think it was @-Empire who wanted to hear it with the 5-minor chord in the interludes.

baklavaa and Matticus like this.
  5. eternally found

eternally found Supporting Member

Here’s my contribution to the start of 2018. This was my stripped down “basics” board for our last Christmas service. I’ve already got a few new pedals on the way, and a few on the shelf that will be back on this board! Pretty seriously thinking about purchasing a larger board and putting everything I want/use on a regular basis on it. I’ll often tear things a part and start from scratch for whatever the week needs but it’s getting old. Sometimes I just want all the flavors at my feet!

Still dragging my feet on selling an amp to fund a Kemper, or building an ISO speaker cab for recording at home. Got my Reactive Load back but still haven't tested it, so the verdict is out there. Anyways, onto the pedals!

papersun, cjm254, Chance and 8 others like this.
  6. btjguitarman

I had hoped to post our joy to the world but the sound guy turned the trim up on my guitar but didn’t adjust the livestream so my guitar is just cranking through the stream. I can still post it but it’s not pretty.

7. Hayden D

Hayden D Member

Thoughts on the Fender Princeton? Specifically the 1x12 special edition one.

8. yeatzee

yeatzee Member

Sweet I'll listen to it in a bit. Got any more? I always enjoy listening to you pros

Edit: lovely as always, that interlude shift sounded perfect, great idea!

We're guitar players, I think I can speak for most of us when I say we'd rather hear the guitar cranked ;) all my clips I post here I boost my guitars volume so it can be heard better :) mine are going to be way rougher I'm sure.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    kdm1218, JonCor2577 and boyce89976 like this.
  9. btjguitarman

Nah I mean like too hot a signal going to the stream. Still, I’ll work on it later on

10. yeatzee

yeatzee Member

Gotcha, so it was clipping? That's the worst, theres a touch of that in mine as well for the backup vocals, the girls tend to be extremely quiet for most of the songs then out of nowhere BAM haha

11. dmutter

dmutter Member

I've played the 1x12 one that was released in Canada with the Cannabis Rex speaker in it. It was delicious! I'd love to run one side by side with my Matchless Mini in stereo. Not sure if the U.S. version has the same speaker?

12. Anthony Gring

Anthony Gring Silver Supporting Member

Russell Crowe was in Nashville ? Must have missed that one ......

Gonash and boyce89976 like this.
  13. shaps6

shaps6 Member

Hey, this seems like the right place to ask this question: what's your favorite P&W reverb pedal to use and why?

dmutter likes this.
  14. Gonash

Gonash Member

Strymon Big sky, nails "the" sound of pretty much any genre, P&W especially since that's what most of the big names is using.
    On a budget you can't go wrong with boss rv-5! Modulate mode is amazing. I know people like rv 6 these days but I really didn't like the modulation on it.

15. Zack.LW

Zack.LW Member

Awesome little amp.

16. kingrazor

kingrazor Member

My favorite reverb in general is the Neunaber WET, with the Digitech Polara being a close second.

17. boyce89976

So, I thought I'd try to video the solo for Everlasting God at my max tempo so far... which is about 102BPM (original is at 110).

I still slow down a little in the middle section, so the timing is a little off coming out of it into the 3rd section, but the parts are correct as best as I can tell. And I also don't go to the neck pickup for the middle and last sections like LB does.

Just did this with the iPhone, so it's nothing fancy, and the string noise is horrible, haha.
    Signal chain is:
    Suhr Classic
    Cali76
    MG
    Archer (clean boost)
    Bigsky Hall reverb
    Kemper
    Rokit 6 speakers

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  18. Gonash

Gonash Member

Great tone! Looking forward to final version!

Michigan guitar and boyce89976 like this.
  19. blowery

blowery Supporting Member

So small(ish) tube amp.

I have a few contenders in mind, that range...well widely. I still have the Helix and it would be used for a front end pedalboard or also sometimes just direct. Sometimes the amp alone would be used.

Matchless SC Mini - lowest power of group, but all demos sound great, has master vol & effects loop. I know @dmutter has one and seems to really like it...still?
    I believe right about $1k, or slightly less used.

VHT Special 6 ultra - "similar" to the SC mini in watts and features, ok build quality...it's no matchless but it makes music nonetheless...much cheaper new, about $250 used. Not high on the list, but always like options

Suhr Badger 18 - I have loved the demo of these, but they are the highest price on my list, and I would have to get at the least most likely a new speaker for my cab, preferably new cab....so that really bumps the budget. A good master volume/power soak feature as well.

BadCat Mini/IIr - not sure on these. Seem pretty similar to Matchless, although all demos I've heard they sound very small and boxy.

Dr Z M12 - not sure how I feel about this one. Seems like really only designed for pedalboard playing.

Any other thoughts?

dmutter and boyce89976 like this.
  20. boyce89976

Matchless, no contest. It's a lifetime amp, and built that way. Best resale value on the list as well, if you decide to move it on to it's next home.

blowery, kdm1218 and dmutter like this.