P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. whitetiger95

whitetiger95 Member

Quick question for my fellow Helixers. Was firmware 2.54 supposed to fix the mix issue with the new reverbs? (thought I had seen somewhere Line 6 had mentioned that) My helix is on 2.54 and when I added a default mono vs stereo Glitz verb yesterday, the mix was WAY higher on the stereo block.

Thoughts?

2. TexasGuitar

TexasGuitar Member

Yup my little one takes mine all the time. The other day I found one of my pedals in her little tikes oven!
    I even keep some old cables for her because she loves to plug all the pedals together.

Kylote and Kluch like this.
  3. Kluch

Kluch Member

Ya, my little guy LOVES to unplug and plug in all the cables (over and over and over and over and over again) to the point where I usually just have to stop him and give him a pedal to play with because I have mostly un-soldered cables so you know sooner or later in the middle of a live set something is going to short out, hah.

TexasGuitar, Kylote and boyce89976 like this.
  4. Kylote

Kylote Member

Thanks! She is definitely the loud, extraverted, confident one :D

The younger got more of my personality, the quiet, shy, introverted, reserved home-body ;) Leading worship is my one outgoing thing where otherwise I am pretty quiet person.

boyce89976 likes this.
  5. btjguitarman

btjguitarman Supporting Member

My 4 year old loves to take my unplugged long right angle cable and pretend to put water or oil on my pedalboard. She turns knobs a bit but not like she used to. My ten month old though lovvvveeeessss playing my guitars more than pedals or amps.

Kylote and TexasGuitar like this.
  6. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

If you’re out in CA, you should go visit Grandma.
    I bet she misses you tremendously. Grandmas always do.
    And it would put you in close proximity to a dimed 2204 with a LP kicking around.
    Just saying.
    ;)

That second picture is so effing METAL.

7. dmutter

dmutter Member

Yup, it is a modded rv6. It is a dual mode mod (or in this case the guy called it an insta mod-mod)...meaning the second switch toggles between the mode as displayed on the knob and a secondary mode which i have set to modulate. Its very handy! Between that and the EXP out which i have a mini EXP wheel hooked into (controls the mix), the RV6 becomes very dynamic and flexible for live use. I can sqeeze a lot out of it without ever bending down or needing a reverb with presets.

Kluch and xcc like this.
  8. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

I built my oldest his own pedalboard that he throws all of my (old) pedals onto and messes around with. Anytime I get something new, he’s usually asking me within seconds if he gets one of my pedals to use. He wasn’t happy when I reclaimed the comp66, until I let him have the valeton comp in its place.

MoonshineMan, dmutter and xcc like this.
  9. Anthony Gring

Anthony Gring Silver Supporting Member

That ought to cover some territory :aok

boyce89976 likes this.
  10. Anthony Gring

Anthony Gring Silver Supporting Member

And that will most definitely cover a lot of territory. :banana

boyce89976 and xcc like this.
  11. xcc

xcc Member

For sure, yeah;) It’s more than I need on any given day, but I figure life on Earth is too short not to have my favorites on one board.

Gonash, boyce89976, Dshaw77 and 2 others like this.
  12. -Empire

-Empire Member

I believe it was fixed in 2.54. You'll probably have better luck with questions like that in the Helix thread or the Helix Facebook group since several L6 engineers are active in both places, and there's 14,000 members in the facebook group. Only maybe 60 people have switched in this thread and most aren't really active.

13. whitetiger95

whitetiger95 Member

Thanks Alex! I appreciate it.

14. dickjonesify

dickjonesify Member

Well I don’t have time at the moment to unpack all of last night at Outcry Tour. The main take-aways are:

1. It was awesome
    2. All the sets were too short :/
    3. In a concert situation, if you think you can tell whether a guitarist is using a Helix, Kemper, Amplifire, tube amp or even a Roland Cube (provided they know how to use them) you’re probably lying and maybe even to yourself :p:eek::rolleyes:o_O

I’m done worrying about that or judging ANYONE based on it.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    TexasGuitar, Memphis, Gonash and 13 others like this.
  15. thiscalltoarms

thiscalltoarms more gadgets than Batman. Gold Supporting Member

Out of curiosity, where some of the bands using modelers last night? Pope's rig pics are tube amps I think?

16. dickjonesify

dickjonesify Member

Both Vertical Church guys were using Kemper. Elevation and Bethel had all their backline of stage so I’m not sure. But I’ve heard from guys at other Elevation campuses that they’re all Kemper now, not positive.
    Pope is tube amps but not sure about Hislop. Can’t confirm. I know one of the VCB guitarists... I should ask him what was backstage.

17. -Empire

-Empire Member

Most of our team was out playing at Catalyst and a church in LA this weekend so we had kind of a skeleton crew at main campus. They took all the kempers that the lead, bass, WL, and rhythm normally use, so I borrowed my buddy’s Helix for the bass and rhythm player to play through. Set up one path for guitar by condensing my Plexi preset down to a compressor, amp, cab, EQ, delay, reverb, and a footswitch to crank up the drive on the amp, and created a second path with the Aguilar amp model for the bass player (he plays at Human Nature here in Vegas and that’s the amp he picked). I used my normal presets on my Helix.

Anyway here’s the live recording from our set this weekend with mostly “B-team” band members. Songs start at 1:00 and 12:15. All the guitars and bass are Helix direct.

Only Wanna Sing - Tele > Plexi
    New Beginning (Central Live original) - Duesenberg > Matchless / Litigator
    Close (Lauren Daigle) - Tele > Matchless Ch2
    Do It Again - Tele > Matchless / Litigator

Yep

18. thiscalltoarms

thiscalltoarms more gadgets than Batman. Gold Supporting Member

For whatever reason, I am consistently more impressed by Kemper tones over Helix. No idea why. Maybe I need to analyze them in a DAW and figure it out...

Matticus, Kluch, Gonash and 1 other person like this.
  19. dmutter

dmutter Member

Good sounding guitar tone is good sounding guitar tone...doesnt matter how you get it.

Gonash, boyce89976, cjm254 and 2 others like this.
  20. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

I’m seriously impressed you can jump while still playing. Not a skill I have acquired yet but doesn’t mean I haven’t tried here and there :D

That Matchless/Litigator combo is on fire. Killer!

dmutter and -Empire like this.