P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

@boyce89976 nice! (well, not the back/shoulder issues)
    The best I ever shot in college was 71 as a freshman, which actually broke the school record at least at the time (Div III school). Funny thing that's just typical golf, 1 week to the day prior I'd shot 98 in my first ever college tournament. I played 3 falls and 2 springs and then left the team to focus on academics as I got into my upper level courses- I was about to miss 1/3 of an upper level biology course lab day for tournaments and my coach didn't understand that "make up" means they give you keys and the slides and you don't get any lab tech help, etc. We also had some personality clashing, she was a favorites-player and I was not one of her favorites, so that wasn't a lot of fun and I got a lot happier personally once I didn't have all that pressure and stress anymore.

I'm not anti-golf but my clubs live up in the attic these days and I haven't played a round in about 6 1/2 years I think. It's just a time consuming and expensive hobby compared to stuff I already own and don't have to pay at home to use versus paying green fees. And there aren't a bevy of great courses in small city West Texas either :)

That is awesome you've played Sawgrass though! St Andrews and/or Pebble Beach would definitely be golf-related bucket list, as would going to a Masters in the gallery.

shawn w and boyce89976 like this.
  2. Kylote

Kylote Member

I guess it is a good sign that I actually preferred the strat in all those comparisons. I sort of picked the one I liked the best as they were playing and then once revealed, it was the strat each time.

blowery likes this.
  3. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

Nice! That's really the great thing about the game isn't it? You can shoot 72 one day, 98 the next and then 76 the next... and NEVER feel like you swung the club any differently. hahaha

Yeah, Sawgrass was awesome, but expensive... like $495 with a caddie (which is the only way to play it if you've never played there)... that was a bucket list round... I'd only do it again if it were included in a Marriott golf package at the Marriott on the property (but I think it's still a $200 upcharge over the "free" courses they normally package). Just ridiculous how expense golf has become, and they wonder why more people aren't playing.
    :dunno :jo

Saint Andrews would be like going to Mecca.

kdm1218 likes this.
  4. metro6audio

metro6audio Supporting Member

Changing IR's with a snapshot...

[​IMG]

kdm1218, -Empire, blowery and 3 others like this.
  5. Playpunk

Playpunk Member

One of my cousins lived in st Andrews and her husband was a student there for 4 years or so. He could play for free, as a student, but never did, as far as I know.

Golf does seem ridiculously expensive, and I have less than zero interest in it.

If we can start talking about bikes (with pedals) again I can chime in on some unrelated hobby nonsense.

6. btjguitarman

btjguitarman Member

St Andrews is on my short list of places to go if i ever did a doctorate degree. I don't like golf though and I've heard Scotland is like living in a washing machine. Still...

shawn w and MoonshineMan like this.
  7. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

I have to go to Scotland at some point to see my castle.
    It’s humble, but it’s a friggin castle, dude.
    Although, being able to say I have a castle I’ve never been to sounds pretty baller.

http://www.clannapier.org/naphomes.htm

cjm254, kdm1218, dickjonesify and 2 others like this.
  8. btjguitarman

btjguitarman Member

I need further explanation. because I want to know how to get a castle.

9. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

I added the link.

It seems like gambling with my family is a proven method.

cjm254 and btjguitarman like this.
  10. He_Ma

He_Ma Member

To me JM is the most comfortable body shape to play. Those contours and offset thing just make it work for me and I can play longer comfortably than I could for example with my thinline tele. I might be bigger than average man though (225 lbs and 6 ft 2 inches(had to convert my length for you guys)) so it might not be good fit for everyone.

Chance, xcc, kdm1218 and 1 other person like this.
  11. boyce89976

Balmoral was in my grandmother's clan (Farquharson) at one point (for 130 years)... almost until the crown bought it, built the current structure, and demolished the original castle.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Memphis and MoonshineMan like this.
  12. blowery

blowery Member

I forsee a P90 guitar in my future. I've got HB/335 and SC/strat covered. I don't quite have the P90 thing yet. Sounds great!!!

I had some time to kill yesterday and ended up hitting a few pawnshops looking for some good gear.

I found an old Tubeworks Tubedriver amp that actually sounded pretty decent. For $100 I would have picked it up, but $180, nope.
    There also was an Ibanez Roadstar II from the 80's I was really wanting to check out, but the setup and playability was terrible. Nut was all messed up and was unplayable. There was also a "Stinger" strat by C.F. Martin...yes that Martin....and it was not great. It was like a BAD squire. They had like 12 guitars and 9 of them were broken or unplayable and still over $250!!!

Moved on to another shop that had the motherload of strats. There were 12 strats ranging from made in china to USA. The great one of the bunch that I almost was going to bring home, was an 1986 Made in Japan strat that was really nice. Sounded good, played good although it needed a re level. The deal wasn't that great to what you could get online, plus I really don't need another strat. Really I don't NEED another guitar...

There are a couple guitars that really intrigue me since I can't buy the dickjonesify special yet.

Yamaha Pacifica 611VFM: gives me P90 neck, HB guitar that can kind of do it all.
    [​IMG]

Jim Adkins tele: P90's and Pdub approved tele...not sure how I feel here. Gibson scale, it's pretty much NOT a tele in anything other than shape. Feels kind of weird getting a "tele" with pretty much no hallmarks of tele tone.
    [​IMG]

A Collings DC290 would be an option...but it's way out of the budget.

There is the possibility of a USA Hamer Special with P90's but those I've seen have been pricey as well.

One can dream right?

MattLeFevers and dickjonesify like this.
  13. dickjonesify

dickjonesify Member

@blowery pawn shops are great but you do have to wade through piles of crap hahaha.

If you do spot one, don’t even think of just paying the price it says. With cash in hand, any pawn shop will knock off 20-25% instantly. More of you’re one of those bargaining types, I’m not usually good at that haha.

kdm1218 likes this.
  14. blowery

blowery Member

I do that with my faux acoustic patch. Switch from 4x12cab to acoustic sim. I haven't thought about switching between different cab IR's though...hmmm

yeatzee and metro6audio like this.
  15. btjguitarman

btjguitarman Member

One of the guitar shops in town here has a G&L Fallout Tribute for like $300. friggin ugly guitar I think but it's basically a mustang shape with a p90 neck and splittable humbucker bridge. Super weird guitar but it plays well and sounds pretty cool for not a lot of coin even if they shipped to you. It'd be super unique and I'd bet the build quality would be a little better than Yamaha.

kevindsingleton likes this.
  16. blowery

blowery Member

Yeah I worked at one for a few months once when I was a bit younger and the big internet research bit wasn't around. You could find some REALLY good stuff. In the end it was pretty sad to see all the stuff getting pawned for money...disney movies, kids toys :(

For years they used the same code so I always knew what they paid for stuff :cool: Now almost all of the shops are same price as new or complete junk

17. Nick-O

Nick-O Member

Well.....g'day saints. How 'dem Leafs eh? Man 'o man. Another year down the Kyber. Oh well....52 years of heartbreak, onward. I am going to root for your Preds as best I can @boyce89976 but the Jets are going to be a competition.
    I traded a guitar this week. I guess I will wait until everything is delivered and settled to go much further. I am a bit excited though. Although I am an LP hoarder, my heaviest guitar is my strat. I generally don't play anything over 8lbs since the latest round of injuries in 2010-11.
    I moved to coastal SC to play golf all year since Memphis was kind of chilly in the winter, then had a major surgery on my left elbow within 2 months of moving...2 trauma accidents followed...so I dropped off all my clubs and clobber at the church resale store a few years back. I sound accident prone...yup. :oops:

18. Memphis

Memphis Member

Thanks for that!

I want to know about some of those presets tho - Mod Chicken, Rhythmystic and Wanged?!?

yeatzee and boyce89976 like this.
  19. boyce89976

We need all the support we can get! I'm fully prepared to lose one or two at home (I believe they will too), expect 3 games to go to OT, and go the full 7 games t decide the series. I also expect to drink a little more heavily than my normal glass of wine/night for the next couple weeks. o_O

Just sounds like you're old like me! ;)

Nick-O likes this.
  20. MattLeFevers

MattLeFevers Member

Get it! :D:D:D

But yeah all those things are accurate. I've had a lifelong crush on the Telecaster body shape but in real life I only play Gibson Les Pauls, so discovering this guitar was like finding out that I had somehow custom-ordered a guitar to my exact specifications using telepathy. But I'm sure to a real Telecaster player it's only sort of a Tele.

Nick-O, blowery and btjguitarman like this.