P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. boyce89976

boyce89976 Supporting Member

Nice write up. Mine is the one on the lower left but it came with the knobs on the lower right. I switched them for the Chicken Head Black knobs because the stock knobs were impossible to see on stage.

Imperial_Tone likes this.
  2. Beydski

Beydski Member

Doesn’t Baxter Stockman make a Rat Klone?

I’m sorry. I’ll show myself out.
    :hide

Pax and btjguitarman like this.
  3. flatulentmatt

flatulentmatt Supporting Member

Soooooo.... NAD. :D

[​IMG]

What I've been using last little while:

Boss CS-2, always on (I play a Strat)
    Valeton FP-10 (Boss FA-1 clone) - clean boost
    EHX Green Russian Big Muff RI - fuzz
    RAT - distortion / heavy OD
    JHS Morning Glory - medium gain
    Keeley modded BD-2 - low gain / dirty boost

Though I've just had these show up:

[​IMG]

Need to do some fiddling. I'm probably going to be replacing the FP-10 with the VSMO (though I haven't actually tested it yet - I'll get that chance today).

4. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

^I loves me some handwired goodness!

cjm254 likes this.
  5. btjguitarman

btjguitarman Supporting Member

[​IMG]

6. btjguitarman

Attaboy

kdm1218 and flatulentmatt like this.
  7. dmutter

dmutter Member

I never quite bonded with my Sick As when I had my Blues Jr. Now that I've been playing my Matchless for a while I have often wondered if I would get on with that pedal better now with my current amp. Maybe one day I will check it out again.

Gonash likes this.
  8. flatulentmatt

One of the first things I did (after I put the valves back in after shipping)? Turn it up full on Top Boost channel, Strat straight in, no pedals.

Pure unadulterated filth. But in a good way.

9. Pax

Pax Gold Supporting Member

Finally got my HXS to update!!!!!

Off and running!!!

Thanks for the help, folks!

xcc, thebeebs, dmutter and 2 others like this.
  10. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

Huzzah!

Although I will be preset switching by hand, at least got my adapter cables in today from Sweetwater so no bulky wall wart for Sunday.

thebeebs and Pax like this.
  11. Pax

Pax Gold Supporting Member

Has anybody checked out the Worship Essentials pack for HXS from Guitar For HIS Glory? Thoughts? Are they using Amps/Cabs or IRs?

dmutter likes this.
  12. redmonda

redmonda Member

I have. Don't bother, they are not good.

They use stock cabs. I found them to be shrill and unusable. I think he uses only HB guitars, I'm using an American Deluxe Tele with stock SCN3, so maybe that's a factor.... But seriously, they're terrible.

Edit: should clarify, I tried his full Helix patches. I assume he simply ported the amps over, so I expect it would sound similar but can't officially confirm.

dmutter and Pax like this.
  13. Imperial_Tone

Imperial_Tone All things with a Maple Cap

Definitely would come in handy on dark stages. I really wasn’t one to mess around with pedal settings, so it never bothered me. Usually id just EQ specific ODs for Singles/P90s vs TV Jones/Hums.

Unfortunately I sold my whole Bondi collection a few years ago; Can’t keep’m all though.. Good to see that your Blackout is still seeing the stage Bill!

I usually avoid OD’s without a large EQ section to get around amp pairing issues. But I wasn’t surprised with the end results of using the SickAs into DRRI’s, Bassmans or High powered Twins with stock Jensen’s (I find them to nasally per my taste). I will say it sounded great in both Two Rocks & my Jim Kelley, but speaker wise I run EV’s in D-Style amps.

I would call the SickAs a great Klon(e) for those who like a nice mild 2nd stage drive or lead boost at the end of a chain. I exclusively ran the V2 Blackout at the end of my chain as the WF Rat makes a great boost with my Matchless DC30 & Lightening I was running at the time.

If I still had my collection I’d mail one out to you to try out with your rig. I’m sure you’d find it much more pleasing with your Matchless!

boyce89976 and dmutter like this.
  14. flatulentmatt

So I shot down to church on my lunch break and got to play for a bit through the AC30H2 with my pedalboard. I tried to last night, but it wasn't working (when I'd rearranged the drives to incorporate the VSMO, I'd wired back into the Tuner Out of the DPC-8EZ instead of the Input - smort).

2 things. Firstly, I get why people love the Rat with AC-30's. The Rat absolutely cranks.

Secondly, the VSMO sounds excellent. Running just that and my Rubberneck with the gain down very low (AC-30 is edge of break up) is extremely inspiring. It hits the amp HARD, and is punchy and responsive, with great sustain. Sounds great stacked too...

15. Phillip_H

Phillip_H Supporting Member

I actually love my AirPods. I use them when working out and have never had any issues with fitting or falling out.

16. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

@-Empire ’s are $5 a pop and he has them set up to be able to sound good with stock cabs. I bought Bethel (Vox/Fender), Matchless, and Plexi and that is all I will ever need for this style music. Anything else is just icing on the cake if I decide to go exploring in different models, which I’m sure I will at some point.

I did get the Ownhammer Core Tone IRs as well, but his stuff sounds great even before I tweaked it to load the IR in there.

Pax, redmonda and -Empire like this.
  17. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

To each his own, but the regular iPod earbuds never stay in my ears. They don’t make different sizes of them?

cjm254 likes this.
  18. btjguitarman

Are your ears square?

Thoroughly meh in that demo. Cleans were lifeless and literally every drive sounded exactly the same except the low gain hillsong one.

crambone and dickjonesify like this.
  19. Steely Glen

Steely Glen Supporting Member

I’ve found his Helix stuff underwhelming. Give me @-Empire patches and Ownhammer IRs and I don’t need to look further for P-dubbery.

dmutter, crambone, kdm1218 and 2 others like this.
  20. -Empire

-Empire Member

Literally wearing mine right now, I absolutely love them.

And no my ear holes aren’t square, they’re a very natural round shape:

[​IMG]

The DOD250 is awesome. I need to build a preset that uses that model.

Obviously I have a conflict of interest here so all I’m going to say is that the tones I’ve heard are not ones that I would use live or in the studio.

Thank you both for the support. Glad you’re liking my stuff.

kdm1218, Pax, Steely Glen and 2 others like this.