P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. dmutter

dmutter Member

It's the size...everybody knows bigger is better. Big Box Memory Man, Echorec, Centaur...I tell you, the mojo is in the size.

Playpunk and boyce89976 like this.
  2. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

clutch

3. boyce89976

boyce89976 Supporting Member

I like the extra space. I’m thinking about storing my capo, a compact fold up music stand and charts for every song with more than 4 chords in there!

Memphis, dmutter, kdm1218 and 2 others like this.
  4. cjm254

cjm254 Member

I love playing this way. Its how we usually do it too. But we do have a guitarist and a bassist that cant transpose into the right key... so while we are jamming and rehearsing, they are scribbling down chords... They dont play every time, so it's ok.

5. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

Every now and then the drummer has to change his capo, but otherwise it usually goes pretty smoothly.
    My wife is a capo junkie, so is our friend from another church who’s sitting in with us for a few songs.

cjm254, Gonash, kdm1218 and 1 other person like this.
  6. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

I just realized dual cabs is a thing in HX Stomp... and IMO with these new headphones sounds better than the IRs and doesn't take 2 blocks :idea

teleguy234234 and Memphis like this.
  7. dmutter

dmutter Member

Yeah dual cabs are cool. With the tips I got from @JonCor2577 and studying the presets I got from @-Empire I am getting real great results dialing in cabs so far.

8. flatulentmatt

flatulentmatt Supporting Member

Your resident small flightless bird (well, one of them anyway) is back in the house! Some big life changes coming up in the next season... Also, my HX Stomp will hopefully be here this week! Playing electric tomorrow AM, set:

Your Love Awakens Me - Phil Wickham / Chris Quilala

What A Beautiful Name - Hillsong
    Fullness - Elevation Worship
    Extravagant - Bethel / Amanda Cook
    Beautiful Exchange (tag) - Hillsong
    Yeah, very different guitars. Play differently too. The Gibsons are a lot chunkier in the hand, whereas I found Martins to maybe be wider and flatter (larger radius maybe); I slightly preferred the Gibsons. As to sitting in the mix, that's another question (see below):
    See, how you've detailed the Martin vs Gibson sound I agree with (Gibson: meaty, Martin: lower mix), but not with your EQ description. The reason Gibsons sound more meaty is the more pronounced midrange; they were a little too honky for my liking in sound. On the other hand Martins are quite mid-scooped, resulting in them becoming essentially a percussive instrument outside of quiet parts of songs. Personally, I like acoustics to be a little more like this; there's already a hugely congested midrange in most P&W, so the way a guitar like the Martin can kind of merge into the background in big parts, then sound beautiful in warm in quiet parts can be a big asset.

That said, I'm a Breedlove player.
    Trust me, it happens. Not the STRAP part of the strap per se, but either the part where the strap connects to the guitar, or in some cases there's a plastic or metal clip between the strap and connector which can break down. It's happened to me. Now I have (by Levy's):
    [​IMG]

9. Playpunk

Playpunk Member

[/QUOTE]

Did you have a mastery trem on your one night stand jazz master or the AVRI standard? I’m thinking of building a guitar with a mastery bridge and deusenberg trem as a best of both worlds solution.

10. teleguy234234

teleguy234234 Member

Yep nothing wrong with the stock cabs. I used them for an entire year! I would say though imo the core tone ownhammer pack beats out a lot of the stock cabs. Really noticeable on the Marshall cabs. Again tho, personal preference!!

kdm1218 and littleNUKE393 like this.
  11. littleNUKE393

littleNUKE393 Member

Back on the strap note, I have mostly used Levy straps, But recently started with Lakota straps and absolutely love them. I'm the odd ball that has to have a specific strap for every guitar that compliments the guitars aesthetic.
    With that I have liked the wider 2.5 or so Levy's with my heavier guitars, Les Pauls etc. The Lakota straps are on my Taylor acoustics and Gretsch. Have a PRS 594 semi hollow single cut on layaway at my favorite shop that will be needing a new strap soon :dude

Spec, playsarobin and Memphis like this.
  12. btjguitarman

btjguitarman Member

Well these certainly are discrete drum shields. Excited to see how they do tomorrow. And I’m sure I need to put up something soft behind the kit.

13. kdm1218

I see nothing wrong with this ;)

14. travis_38

travis_38 Supporting Member

Speaking of straps: anyone using Guitar Savers in leu of straplocks? I have had them on my Suhr for a month or two and I'm really loving them. It's nice to just throw the guitar in the case with the strap on and have it ready to go when I pull it back out (which prob wouldn't work with a leather or bulky strap).

JonCor2577 likes this.
  15. Kluch

Kluch Member

I've really gotten into couch straps. I got this one (link below) to go with my white strat for christmas from the in-laws. Everything they put out looks BEAUTIFUL IMO.
    https://www.couchguitarstraps.com/g...k-red-w-white-vinyl-racer-x-guitar-strap.html

playsarobin likes this.
  16. btjguitarman

btjguitarman Member

I use the plastic twist on ones on my SG and Taylor. They are so cheap and the only one that’s ever failed on me was said windmill from a few pages back. Not quite those but a similar idea

17. kdm1218

Think I'll give them a shot... with a little person coming in a few months anything that makes it a little easier to start playing on Sunday mornings and pack down after service will be a bonus.

flatulentmatt, travis_38, Pax and 4 others like this.
  18. kdm1218

For those who are interested, I A/B'd my Double Barrel with HXS last night and got my "preferred" MG settings. Some patches I just still want that "transparent OD" cause amp gain is not quite the same. Here's what I have:

Teemah MG settings
    Gain 3.6
    Bass Cut 2.3
    Treble Cut 6.0
    Clipping Down
    Level 5.0

Original MG (v4) settings
    Volume Just below 12:00
    Drive 1:00
    Tone 1:00-1:30
    Gain Down
    Hi Cut On

xcc, papersun, Pax and 1 other person like this.
  19. Gonash

Gonash Member

Congrats!

20. Steely Glen

Steely Glen Supporting Member

Just be careful if you own a nitro finished guitar. A nylon guitar strap sitting against a nitro finish for any amount of time will ruin your day.

Sean413 likes this.