P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Beydski

Beydski Member

Got it, sorry for being dense. That’s a really good idea...two of these at used prices and one two output tap tempo would probably run about the same as a DIG, for example.

I’m sounding super high maintenance now, but the one missing feature would be the option to go series or parallel.

Basically I want the Flashback Triple Delay, but with one less bank (and preferably not the size of a cafeteria tray).

dmutter and Kluch like this.
  2. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

Nice, want to come to Texas and fix mine up next?

3. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

You don't need me, it's so easy!

kevindsingleton likes this.
  4. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

Oh, more than once per Sunday!

btjguitarman and lerxst_x like this.
  5. kdm1218

You underestimate the power of a pregnant brain to confuse a usually sharp individual ;)

PianoMan, boyce89976, dmutter and 2 others like this.
  6. dmutter

dmutter Member

This is exactly how I knew my wife was pregnant the second time. She got all spacey and super relaxed...it was like pulling teeth to get her out the door. I said "Babe you are acting strange, maybe you should take a pregnancy test?" Sure enough, she was!

7. Pax

Pax Silver Supporting Member

Wavering on the best way to use my HXS:

Purchased my HXS in 11/2018 and have been fully committed to downsizing since. Using HXS for everything as much as possible. Kept my Nemesis, clean boost, and added a MG, but sold all other drives, verbs, modulation, and have been happily plowing ahead...until recently.

Last several Sundays and at weekly rehearsals I've just noticed I'm not as happy. Several reasons. Can't get the output volume on my patches balanced. Can't adjust on the fly as quick as before. It's not hard to make changes during sets, just not as quick as I was. I love some of the patches I've purchased, but after only a little bit of tweaking to customize them I'm not overwhelmed with the overall sound. Probably my fault b/c I'm just not that good with tweaking the parameters. Also, I just miss some of the pedals I had.

Thinking of using the HXS almost exclusively for running multi-amp and cab/IRs using patches I've purchased and then re-building the rest with pedals. Seems like an expensive and inefficient use of HXS to only host amps/cabs/IRs considering all that it can do, but it's much less expensive and way more convenient than buying an amp and then re-building my board.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  8. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

I'd love to show my pedal journey over the years but all of my old photos were on Photobucket which sucks now.

MoonshineMan likes this.
  9. Gibs210

Gibs210 Member

I think photobucket realized they screwed the pooch when wouldn’t host photos for free and they went back to before, but I’ve already had imgur up and running since then so don’t bother with the bucket anymore.

kdm1218 and crambone like this.
  10. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

I either use Twitter (if my board shot or church shot warrants a tweet) or imgur (for a quick file host to post here).

11. -Empire

-Empire Supporting Member

Thanks for the shout outs

An IR in this context represents the frequency response of a particular guitar cab, speaker, mic, mic placement, and mic preamp.

Good enough that the nuances won’t come through in FOH.

Pretty easy. Just pick the model that suits what you’re going for (DM-2, tape, digital, DMM, etc), and go.

Thanks for hitting me up, so nice to meet you! I can’t possibly keep track of where everyone on here lives so that’s why I posted the whole tour awhile back, so people could reach out if they wanted to come.

Don’t worry about buying tickets, I can add you to the guest list. Just hit me up closer to the show. That goes for anyone who wants to come to any of the shows.

Playing Bunbury tomorrow, then the second leg of this tour runs for the last 2 weeks of June with a few more festival fly dates thrown in: Firefly, Boulevardia, Summerfest, Westwood (Denver), etc.

Been using the same rig since Oct 2016 lol

Nope, it’s really pretty easy for me. Adding the latest expensive overdrive or modulation pedal would add a ton of weight and complication to my rig because I’d have to get a pedalboard and separate road case,and it would reduce reliability and complicate troubleshooting during a show. Not worth it for a marginal difference in modulation nuance or modification of some OD circuit I already have inside Helix.

90% of my drive tones come from the amp models anyway instead of drive pedals, so it’s really not worth it.

crambone, kdm1218 and dmutter like this.
  12. Sean413

Sean413 Member

Honestly that’s how I’m using it, there’s really only (like) four sounds I enjoy for effects... so I’m using a bigsky, echo system , and h9 with two drives...I really only use the compressors on the stomp and maybe a delay.

13. yeatzee

yeatzee Member

Sweet, I'll give those a try. Would love to have a less stiff trem. Thinking of swapping to 9's as well on mine.

boyce89976 likes this.
  14. papersun

papersun Member

2012 was a simpler time

micro pog > ph-1r > timmy > supercollider > lunar module > vp > dmmtt > carbon copy > spring theory > ac15

edit: of course now i’m just guitar > helix so maybe 2019 is the simpler time

15. He_Ma

He_Ma Member

Still going with stomp or back to full helix?

16. Steely Glen

Steely Glen Supporting Member

HX Stomp Question:

Is there a 2-button footswitch on the market that has lights on it indicating when the button is pressed or not?

losrogers likes this.
  17. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

You better thank God every night that test came up positive.
    Chicks don’t typically enjoy (or soon forgive) being asked if they’re pregnant.

18. Desperad0

Desperad0 Member

Hey Guys! New to the thread (and the forum), though I've been lurking for the better park of year lol. Here's my board:

[​IMG]

19. dmutter

dmutter Member

Talk to me about the Echosystem. Like real live church use...not weird noises for fun at home. How does it sound? How does it sit in a mix? Is it easy to use & set up? Have you had experience with the Nemesis, if so can you compare the two? Thanks!

Nope. The HXS software doesnt currently support that, I talked to Analog Endeavors about that. You could potentially get one made that will toggle light colours when you stomp on it, but it wouldnt necessarily have any relation to the on/off of the HXS itself. Analog Endeavors would probably make you one. I probably would have had him make one if I kept the Stomp. He was hoping a future software update would make it possible for what you are asking for.

Kluch likes this.
  20. kdm1218

I just looked into this. Short answer, no. To use a momentary switch like the typical two button switches and then have power included also requires some sort of micro controller that would be cost prohibitive for what the rest of it is. HXS doesn’t send any power through its TRS like some things apparently do. I did PM earlier this week with a user who is going to do one DIY with latching switches (he’s tried one he had and it works for FS4/5 kind of functions) and add LEDs and use a little disc battery. The limitation with it will be that if you switch presets then the LED is going to be “wrong,” so you’d have to toggle the switch off before a preset switch.

Saturnworks makes one that has a power jack, polarity switches, and the dual LEDs. If this other user’s thing works out like he thinks it will, I may order the Saturnworks one to try. But I also won’t have yet tried mine as FS4/5 live for the next several weeks until I start playing in the rotation again, so I may decide it’s not such a big deal.

Edit- Andrew from Analog Endeavors was the one who told me the above right now about it being cost prohibitive. Saturnworks specifics were a little different but same basic idea. American Loopers says they could do it in a bigger enclosure (like typical pedal size) cause there wouldn’t be room for power in the mini size one, and didn’t say whether it would still be momentary or what the cost would be cause I wasn’t interested in a bigger enclosure, no room for it just for LEDs.

Steely Glen likes this.