P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. REDFIVE

REDFIVE Supporting Member

I'll look into it! thanks

2. REDFIVE

REDFIVE Supporting Member

For years, Will Reagan/UP's Live at the Bank's House was my personal favorite worship album. I'll have to check this one out, but Simple Gospel was also very good. Some of the others have been hit and miss.

flatulentmatt and dmutter like this.
  3. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

Your drummer is in a glass case of emotions every Sunday!

MoonshineMan likes this.
  4. dickjonesify

dickjonesify Member

Herrrrrr ya go....

[​IMG]

Tasty little setup! I'm sure you can do some damage with that.

5. cra1987

cra1987 Member

Thanks for the help! Not sure why I can’t get it to show...

6. dickjonesify

dickjonesify Member

It’s just the wrong link. There are several to choose from. I don’t know Imgur but you want the URL of the pic itself, not a link to the page.

I just followed that image link to your image, right clicked on the picture and chose “copy image location” then pasted that in the image button here in TGP.

crambone and cra1987 like this.
  7. btjguitarman

btjguitarman Member

Wait is that how you do it without the dumb Imgur frame?

Edit: no way it is. What do you know

kdm1218, dmutter and dickjonesify like this.
  8. cjm254

cjm254 Member

I don't know if I'm at the National Air and Space Museum, or the National Aquarium. Mixed media is confusing me...

crambone and MoonshineMan like this.
  9. JonCor2577

JonCor2577 Member

The theme this year is the "Incredible Race" so it's a trip around the world to learn about all people. I only wish it was painted. It's bare fiberglass ATM.

Oh, I almost forgot! Our WL is using this instead of normal keys! Wireless pack and all. Fun times!
    [​IMG]

10. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

It’s a small world, after all.

JonCor2577 likes this.
  11. Memphis

Memphis Member

That tune will be stuck in my head for days. Thanks...

MoonshineMan likes this.
  12. Memphis

Memphis Member

My thoughts on tracks are summed up by my attempt at watching the Rush Live in Rio DVD after being led to believe this was the pinnacle of prog. I don’t think I got halfway through the first track before I gave up on it, due to hearing stuff that was clearly not being played by the band. It didn’t add to the experience, it was replacing the experience.

Gibs210 and dickjonesify like this.
  13. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

Personally, I think Pink Floyd was the prog rock zenith, and it peaked in the 70s.
    I just don’t like tracks. Zep played friggin Kashmir with 4 guys on stage, one of which wasn’t doing anything at all.
    You don’t need tracks.
    You just need to be as talented as Jimmy Page, John Bohnam, and John Paul Jones.
    This really shouldn’t be that hard, people.

14. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

It’s gotta be better than that Meatloaf song, though. Right??
    ;)

Haha. I get songs stuck in my head that I wrote and they still drive me insane. My wife tries to get me to play one at church, but I’m already sick of it by the time I finish writing it.

15. -Empire

-Empire Supporting Member

Tracks + click are part of the game now, whether it's church, the band at the local pub, or an arena show. Bass + guitar + drums + singer is not really what people want to hear any more. A large percentage of pop music has 1) too many parts to be reasonably executed live without a bunch of aux players, and 2) sounds that have been modified and processed so much that playing them live would be silly, like vocal samples/leads with distortion, compression, and reverb. You could trigger the original sound with a sample pad and then run it through all the processing live, but why bother? Just put it in the tracks.

Other examples are sounds sidechained to the kick, vocoder stuff, weird vocal effects, sounds with a lot of automation applied, arpeggiators, etc. I do use Kickstart live for a lot of my sidechained keys sounds but there's a lot of sounds out there that would just be impossible to execute live.

Nah I picked up the Stomp on Black Friday for under $450 so I'm just keeping it around to make presets for my website and use standalone on the PT-nano when I feel like it.

One person is scheduled for lead, one person is scheduled for rhythm. We learn the parts. That's pretty much it.

Thanks for the shout out, glad you're liking the preset.

Assuming you used one cab/IR block, that would use up 3 blocks, leaving you 3 remaining blocks for effects. If you use impulse responses you could even use the same footswitch to switch amps and change IRs at the same time.

I was able to get a decent plexi sound pretty quickly on my buddy's HD500. I don't remember the settings exactly but the key on the older units is the cab/mic setup. 412 marshall cab with a ribbon mic. Get rid of everything below 90hz and above like 7k. On those older units the high end is rough so it's easier to just cut it out.

90% of my drive tones come from the amps, which are then boosted with a klon, ts, rat, rangemaster, etc, for big leads. Haven't used a "transparent" overdrive for my main drive sounds in probably close to a year.

The reasoning behind the low cut is to remove a lot of the low end, allowing your dry signal to cut through but still have a relatively high mix on the reverb. The reverbs also have a high cut parameter which allows you to further tailor the sound if you need.

Privacy is important to me so android/google are out of the question.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Chance likes this.
  16. kdpayton

kdpayton Member

Hey guys. I just inherited this guitar from my Grandmother. She has had it for as long as I can remember. She passed away this past January. Don’t really know anything about it. The only markings I see on it are inside at the base of the neck. Anybody familiar with Gibson?

17. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

I use the "Direct Link"... it posts like this:
    [​IMG]

18. Kluch

Kluch Member

anytime I see a keytar being used in a semi-P&W setting I think... that is so old skool david crowder... he would very much approve

btjguitarman and JonCor2577 like this.
  19. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

Looks like an SJ-200 Deluxe. The serial should date it for you.

EDIT: It may be a J-185. Hard to say... same body style.

cra1987 and kdpayton like this.
  20. losrogers

losrogers Member

Hillsong United in PHX with my daughter.
    Shows about to start, we're pretty pumped!