P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

Nice job, especially on the slide stuff! Very cleanly played!

Mix wasn't bad for a mono board mix (I've heard worse from our own board mixes). What gear did you use?

PianoMan likes this.
  2. ThinPaperWings

ThinPaperWings Member

Old church was 6:00 PM Saturday service with a 3:30 rehearsal time, 9:00 and 11:30 Sunday services with an 8:00 AM run-through.

New church is Thursday night rehearsal, 9:20 and 11:20 Sunday services with an 8:00 AM run-through. I think I prefer the latter.

3. PianoMan

PianoMan Supporting Member

I used my Veritas Portlander (with their Tele pickups in humbucker housings) though this pedalboard:

My pedalboard ran stereo into my Benson Monarch and our other lead guitarists fantastic early 90s AC30. We run our amps in another room, so both were cranked up to the edge of breakup.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    Chance, kdm1218, crambone and 7 others like this.
  4. PianoMan

On another note, my new Mastermind PBC 6X was just delivered to me 10 minutes ago, so I'm pretty much set to start putting together my new pedalboard build! I'll be starting that ASAP, though I won't be able to really jump in until after the 18th, since I'm already scheduled to play then.

Lastly, for the other Oregon residents on here, like last year, a bunch of local churches are once again spearheading an outreach concert in Hillsboro with music from Sarah Reeves, Andy Mineo, Phil Wickham, and Crowder. It's this Sunday the 11th starting at 5pm. It's totally free, so come if you can! I'll be a stagehand again, so I'll be there all day. Let me know if you're coming and maybe we can meet up! Info at goodnewstoday.world

5. jacobynairobi

jacobynairobi Member

thanks! I just upgraded and I bet the Global settings changed. Hadn't thought of that!

crambone likes this.
  6. yeatzee

yeatzee Member

Yeah like anything else every church environment will be different, there's no hard and fast rule. At my church the band is together from 3:30pm Saturday until 7pm, then Sunday morning 8am until about 1pm, then Sunday night ~4:45pm until.. gosh sometimes almost 9pm. There's quite a bit of fellowship that goes on in between the sets and services, after the first set everyone hangs out at the coffee shop together or in the back room until the closing set (not counting people attending a service with their spouse). I've been going to this church since October of last year, so 10 months and I've made more friends then I have in my entire life through the worship team. I already got invited to a small wedding this year in fancy pansy La Jolla! I don't know how I come off online but I am not a social butterfly lol, but with the amount of time we all spend together it's built friendships for me very quickly.

Contrasting with my last church, we had a rehearsal that would go sometimes 3 hours long on Fridays plus two services on Sunday with setup and tear down every week and I haven't talked to a single person from that church since leaving it and moving a bit south. Nothing wrong with any of them, we're all good, just didn't build strong ties even though I attended that church a longer amount of time.

For the experimenting and all that, just curious are you a volunteer at your church or contracted?

7. travis_38

travis_38 Supporting Member

That's awesome man! Sounds like a really good environment that fosters good relationships. Volunteering can be exhausting and it's those friendships that make it much easier. My personality sounds similar to yours — Definitely not the most outgoing person in the world.

I am a volunteer on the worship team but as of November of last year I work for the church full time in a different role (Web Design), so I kinda blur the lines a bit.

Playpunk and yeatzee like this.
  8. boyce89976

Nice! Really sounded great!

And I’d just like to add... it’s about friggin time you posted some clips! :rolleyes::):D

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  9. papersun

papersun Member

and now neither will i

10. jtwguitar

jtwguitar Member

Which song is stirring 3EB nostalgia?

dmutter likes this.
  11. Romanowe

Romanowe Supporting Member

Great stuff!!! Loved the riff in Goodness!!

PianoMan likes this.
  12. btjguitarman

btjguitarman Member

I’ve never heard the josh Baldwin song but 3 chords in I went to the exact same place

crambone and dmutter like this.
  13. Gibs210

Gibs210 Member

How do you use the Gemini under the board, just a single set and forget preset, or do you have a Neuro cable going up top for phone access to extra sounds?

14. Kluch

Kluch Member

I can't help but wonder... why can't Lehle (and the other "boutique" volume pedal companies) make their VPs like half the size they are. Its just so massive, I don't think I could ever buy one for that reason. To much real estate.

15. Kluch

Kluch Member

Mine is decked, as in it rests against the strat body, but I can still pull up on it (to create some note modulation/movement). Every time I've had my strats set up (multiple shops) I've always been told that generally you get better tuning stability this way. I've ready otherwise online (from guys that always like to float the trem) but I don't feel like the risk is worth it (to me and my playing style). I don't enjoy notes being pulled sharp personally. I just like the ability to pull them flat and then back in tune.

Beydski likes this.
  16. PianoMan

I have a neuro cable running to a port on the side of the board to make edits, but in reality I've only ever used a single chorus preset (which you can hear in the quiet part of the bridge on You Deserve it All). I have a neuro hub too, but I've never been able to get it to work, so I never actually put it on the board. I love Source Audio, but I really wish they would make their MIDI control stuff a little simpler and comparable to other stuff out there.

I completely agree! It's why I'm switching to a Fractal EV-2 on my upcoming board. That said, Lehle makes a fantastic product, and they have strongly suggested on TGP that they are currently working on a smaller volume pedal design. If they release that, then it will be a very tempting option!

Kluch likes this.
  17. dmutter

dmutter Member

Stand in your Love, Josh Baldwin

jtwguitar likes this.
  18. Gibs210

Gibs210 Member

What can’t you get to work On the hub?

19. josiahmac

josiahmac Member

This is the tone I want. Darn Kemper profiles...
    Anyone accomplish this without a Kemper? Tele played at 1:38.

Edit: I’ve watched a few matchless videos and don’t even think they sound as good.

Playpunk likes this.
  20. boyce89976

Yeah, I've been close... those are profiles of my personal HC30. ;)

kdm1218, Playpunk and dmutter like this.