P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. 04andrew22

04andrew22 Member

Speaking of Lambertones -- anyone have any experience with their Triple Shot strat pickups? Watching their demo on youtube and they sound pretty nice. I just snagged a Reverend Six Gun III for a deal I couldn't pass up and am starting to research possible swaps. I had the OG Six Gun back in the day and wasn't super happy with their stock pickups so ended up swapping them for some overwound alnicos from GFS. I was pretty happy with those, but curious what else is out there. Anybody have any other recommendations?

2. teleguy234234

teleguy234234 Member

I purchased some components to put together a basic soldering kit a few years ago and never got around to it! Even bought a cheap gfs pickup to try on a Squier Strat I’ve had lying around. One of these days!!

MoonshineMan likes this.
  3. 04andrew22

04andrew22 Member

Shoot, I keep forgetting to actually try it, but @-Empire did give a response to my question in the thread a few pages back that kind of quelled my curiosity. Next time I'm able to sit down and play I'll still give it a shot though just to confirm and will report back!

kdm1218 likes this.
  4. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

Usually, you can never be positive about who’s on the other side of the internet, but from that post, I can tell for certain that you’re a man.
    We all have like 15 projects that we’ve bought the materials for, sitting out in the garage.
    It gets worse as you get older.
    (Or “better”, depending on how you view it....;))

5. kingrazor

kingrazor Member

I've spent a few hundred dollars on a stack of outboard gear to do an audio training series. Everything is ready, all I need to do is hit record...still haven't done anything with it.

kdm1218, dmutter, jtwguitar and 3 others like this.
  6. roxtc

roxtc Member

Guilty as charged! Actually I've gotten a little better at realizing I don't always have the time and patience. Have bit off more than I could chew one too many times. It's the only reason I haven't tried building or even parting together a guitar yet.

teleguy234234 and MoonshineMan like this.
  7. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

We’re created to create.
    Procrastination is part of the curse.

Memphis, ebenezer, boyce89976 and 6 others like this.
  8. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

That's the name of my favorite Pentecostal ska band.

9. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

Is aka still a thing?
    I think I liked some of it in the late 90s/early00s, but nothing after that.
    And most of it was more punk than ska.

10. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

Aw, man.....
    Chris Lizotte posted a picture of him playing with Ryan Delmore and Marc Ford at his church, down in Laguna Beach.
    It’s my worship trifecta.

boyce89976 likes this.
  11. dmutter

dmutter Member

Yup...my front porch, my shed, shelving for the kids play room... So much potential, so little time!

MoonshineMan likes this.
  12. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

I’ve got a stack of wood paneling that my wife wants to do the ceiling with, and it’s mucking up the flow of my garage. I even got to buy a brad nailer for the air compressor. :)
    It’s happening this time.

boyce89976 likes this.
  13. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

I mean, it's not as huge as it was in the late 90's ("Third Wave", after original Jamaican players in the 1960's and the "Two Tone" era of the late 1970's and early 1980's in England) but it's still going relatively strong. As @-Empire can attest his band has played with The Interrupters recently and they have a very good draw for a ska band. I saw them live back in March and it was a kickass show, amazing live band. The Mighty Mighty Bosstones still tour as does Less Than Jake.

I'll always have a special place in my heart for ska as it was probably one of the biggest influences on me in high school and my early guitar-playing years. Some people hate it and that's cool, too.

14. teleguy234234

teleguy234234 Member

@crambone As a 90s kid some of my earliest memories of ska are from Tony Hawks Pro Skater, Superman! As a church kid I had no idea what I was listening to until I got older. Love the mighty mighty bosstones as well!

crambone likes this.
  15. littleNUKE393

littleNUKE393 Member

All I have heard is demos of their pick ups until now, and I won't be able to try these for a few months likely when I get everything together

They just had a deal I couldn't pass up on pre sale for the Ristretto.
    Haven't heard a single bad thing about lambertone yet so that says something

04andrew22 likes this.
  16. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

I’m not sure an F-hole guitar is the first place to start though ;)

boyce89976, cjm254 and MoonshineMan like this.
  17. dmutter

dmutter Member

I like the Interrupters, and I never really was into ska. I think I would enjoy seeing them live.

crambone likes this.
  18. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

I saw Let’s Go Bowling back in the day, and I think Suicide Machines has some ska. Nofx mixes it in pretty well.
    I like the Aquabats, but I only have one album, and don’t listen to it often. I don’t even know if any of those guys are still making music.
    Don’t really care.
    :)

19. The Worship Guitarist

The Worship Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

What's up guys! Its been a while since I've posted on the thread. Gear update: these two beauties found their way into my house this month. Fender Original 60's Custom Telecaster - double bound, nitro finish, Don Mare pickups. The other is a Gretsch Country Gentleman Players Edition. These are the best sounding filtertrons I have ever heard!

20. He_Ma

He_Ma Member

Here's little Helix clip that is recorded on modified TJ JTM45 Helix patch. I don't like some things on TJ patches, but the IRs and Amp tones are nice. Also the reverb setup that I modified a bit is really great. This JTM45 patch also helped me get some of my favourite clean tones which I wasn't expecting from a Marshall. The guitar is my recent acquisition from few weeks behind the Fender Custom shop '56 reliced Strat from 2006. It has quite low output pickups to compared all my other guitars so I have to tweak everything for it. (For those who own that patch, this is slightly modified drive setting on the patch that I boosted up with KoT model and that tells a lot about the lowish output of my guitar)

I also would normally use bit more prominent delay, but I wanted to showcase the guitar and my new reverb setup a bit more.

My time is limited so I don't bother to re-record those minor mistakes. I'm noodling one of my all time favourite P&W songs by Hillsong: Beautiful exchange. It's one of those songs I have hard time playing with and singing with dry eyes.

WARNING: The output of my clips in soundcloud seems to differ a bit, and the next one in line is much much louder.

I really like this strat and the 3-way switch in it, but Novo GAS is hard thing and I already put this one on sale to fund Novo for me.