P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. The Worship Guitarist

The Worship Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

Which TPG member does the custom pedalboard builds?

2. 04andrew22

04andrew22 Member

Very nice sounds. Love that strat tone -- sounds so pretty! And absolutely love that song -- used to have a blast busting out the e-bow and my slide for those parts in the beginning of the song. My sister would always complain about whale sounds coming from my room whenever I practiced that at home haha! I'm not even sure if that was guitar or a synth/pad of some sort on the actual recording itself, but our keys player never played it so I always took it upon myself :)

3. 04andrew22

04andrew22 Member

Beautiful guitars! I was coincidentally looking into Don Mare pickups myself for a new guitar I have on the way because I've seen so many people singing their praises on here (pun intended?). I dont think I want to wait the 15-20 weeks he's quoting on his site, though. Did it actually take that long to get yours?

4. teleguy234234

teleguy234234 Member

I really love the jtm 45 model in helix! It’s so versatile and this is a great time man. Yeah Novo has some cool stuff...specs on what you’re gonna go for?

boyce89976 likes this.
  5. The Worship Guitarist

The Worship Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

Got them on TPG! Waited like 3 days haha.

04andrew22 likes this.
  6. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

I think @PianoMan on this thread does board builds. @jnepo1 is another well known person and has an Instagram with his work, with the same username.

crambone likes this.
  7. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

Man, I loved the Gin Blossoms back in the day... saw them and Toad the Wet Sprocket at a little club here in Nashville, years ago. So good.

8. 04andrew22

04andrew22 Member

Oh nice, not sure why I didn't even think of that. That's the way to do it if you can find em I guess! How do you like them so far?

9. btjguitarman

btjguitarman Member

Hey Jealousy is such a great song. I really liked them too... their guitar work was great

crambone, MattLeFevers and boyce89976 like this.
  10. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

I listed my semi-hollow locally just to see if I get any takers. 920D is going to send me treble bleed kits for free though, so they get an A+ from me for customer service.

Also, if anyone is interested in a fish tank on a stand there is one up for trade for an electric guitar and amp on my local CL :D

teleguy234234 and dmutter like this.
  11. boyce89976

Aren't capo's a requirement in Pdub? ;)

Speaking of capo's I used one on all but 1 song on Sunday. Not because I had to musically, but because I had to physically. You see, Friday night I was working on something here at home and was fussing with a stubborn screw. Long story short, the screwdriver slipped off the screw head, and went deep into my left hand between the last two bones (to the point I had to pull the screwdriver out of my hand and I could feel a bump on the other side where it tried to poke through, haha). I now have a nice star-shaped hole in my left palm... which made playing guitar only slightly uncomfortable for stretched out voicings... so capo to the rescue.

Pic below, other than being gross, is from Saturday evening, about 24 hours after the "incident". The goop you see is medical superglue (5 layers), which turned out to be worthless and came off in the shower Sunday morning. :mad: It's not infected, that's just the way the glue made the loose skin look.

I have since seen a doctor, got a tetanus shot, and started a round of antibiotics, and was told to immobilize my hand... yeah, right. :confused:

[​IMG]

12. dmutter

dmutter Member

Sounds nice man! I love that song. They were writing/working on that song while I was at Hillsong College and it was always one of my favs. When new songs are being worked on you tend to hear them a lot leading up to the recording. Some songs can easily over stay their welcome, but not that one.

13. dmutter

dmutter Member

Nasty!

kdm1218 and boyce89976 like this.
  14. boyce89976

Dang it, I was just in Lancaster Thursday and Friday (got home about 7pm Friday night). Played in a vendor/customer golf outing a Calistoga Country Club on Thursday. If I'd known you guys were all so close, I had some time on Friday before driving back to Philly for my flight (I was staying in Coatesville).

jtwguitar likes this.
  15. He_Ma

He_Ma Member

I have played some ambient lad stuff if we had more electrics. I preferred my pad tone to theirs and let other electric players double the hook. I didn't have ebow at the time so it would be cool to revisit that song after years with it.

Serus J or T are my options. If I end up on J it will have Lollar imperials, but rest is still up in the air. Might go for some eye candy options, but if the total cost creeps too high, I will stick more on standard options.

teleguy234234 likes this.
  16. PianoMan

PianoMan Supporting Member

Yep, both are true. Just for ease of searching: My Instagram. Jerry's Instagram.

I will say that Jerry does great work! I ended up never using it myself, but Jerry built me a pedalboard a couple of years ago when I was planning on putting together a Fractal AX8 rig. Ended up scrapping it because the AX8 just didn't have enough DSP to handle what I needed it to do.

crambone and kdm1218 like this.
  17. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

I keep my capo on my music stand.

cjm254, kdm1218 and JokeSmuggler like this.
  18. littleNUKE393

littleNUKE393 Member

Props on fighting through the pain!
    Old time 70s bass player I know(he absolutely shreds Yes tunes to warm up) also an electrician by trade has told me a story of him putting a screw driver all the way through his hand Friday and he had gigs that night and Saturday night(before he was saved) said took some pain killers put a band aid on either side of his hand and played 3 sets both nights. Apparently it was a dripping mess the first night.
    Most recently he had carpal tunnel surgery and was playing in church like 4 weeks later.

lemonman and boyce89976 like this.
  19. littleNUKE393

littleNUKE393 Member

Well that's crazy, Coatesville is like 20 minutes up the road from where I live. Taking a guess you were at the hotel right off 30 on 82 since there isn't much else in Coatesville(minus the fun tid bit that much of the steel used for the Twin Towers came from there and also went back to be melted after 9/11. Not an interesting place otherwise)

If you're ever in this neck of the woods again give a shout out!

boyce89976 likes this.
  20. boyce89976

I was at the Courtyard, which I think it right where you're talking about just off 30. I will be up there again for sure and will definitely reach out. It's beautiful up there.