P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. JokeSmuggler

JokeSmuggler Supporting Member

We've been changing songs super-fast lately, so I picked up a Selah Quartz V3. I'm surprised it's as capable as it is. Simple interface but almost does too much! Also I might have messed up my number 1 slot, I was goofing off trying to figure it out without the manual and now I can't get the 1 slot to save with a name. If you try to put in letters, nothing happens. Anybody know anything about this? If nothing else, it can just be a tap preset instead of tempo/program like the rest of my songs. Just know it's always going to bug me when I start making setlists!

2. travis_38

travis_38 Supporting Member

Also @jmckeown88!

3. ebenezer

ebenezer Silver Supporting Member

I saw that too! Dang, I live like 30 min from Laguna Beach! If I'd only have known! Those 3 guys are amazing!

shawn w and MoonshineMan like this.
  4. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

That’s always been my favorite finish on a Tele. Proper Bakersfield.
    If I liked Tele’s, that’s the very first one I’d buy.

5. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

We really need more heads up.
    Chris comes up and plays at our church every now and then. He plays our Sat night service and then Ryan’s church on Sunday morning.
    Usually Ryan plays our church when Chris comes. I went to high school with him and have known him forever.
    Ryan is one of the funniest guys you’ll ever meet. His oldest boy is a great drummer, and his oldest daughter seems to be on the musical path as well. She plays guitar and sings.
    All they were missing is John Barnett, to add a touch of troll’s grump, and that set would have been heaven on earth. Haha.

ebenezer, kdm1218 and shawn w like this.
  6. He_Ma

He_Ma Member

Cool! That song is so great.

What you did in Hillsong college? Is it standard college or more like bible school? Did you play guitar at church there? You can PM me if you feel like you can't answer properly inside the rules of no religious talk.

dmutter likes this.
  7. teleguy234234

teleguy234234 Member

Torn between the new 2019 Metallic Graphite finish on the 335 dot and an Eastman T486 in black. I know which one my bank account would prefer...

——
    Edit! Just realized the Gibson I’m referring to is $3k...yeah no looks like I’ll be looking at used satin 335s and eastmans from here on out.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    dmutter likes this.
  8. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

Another vote of confidence in @jnepo1 and his stuff. He made a few patch cables for me and they were really good. One of them was too short (and it was my fault as I measured incorrectly) and he saw it was too short on one of my pedalboard pics. He took it upon himself to PM me and tell me to send it back to him for a new cable. I was happy to leave it as-is but he went above & beyond to help me.

kdm1218 likes this.
  9. dmutter

dmutter Member

It should be fine to talk about here.
    I went in 2009 to study Worship music. They call it a Leadership College, and at the time the overall experience was about 1/3 Leadership training, 1/3 Biblical studies, and 1/3 your area of study (for me Worship Music).
    I enjoyed my experience, and would have stayed longer but I was in love and wanted to get back home to get married (we have been married 9 years and it has been worth cutting my Australian adventure short).
    The music portion of the program was fun. We covered song writing and performance skills. I put in my time cleaning and setting up chairs for a few months before I was given an audition at one of the extension sites where I ended up in the rotation for 6 months or so on Sunday Mornings. I also played some young adult and youth services at the extension sites. Good experience. Some of my friends and peers who stayed longer ended up being part of some travel teams and/or young and free and one of the guys I knew sang with Elevation for a couple of years.
    They treat you all as part of the team. It was nice meeting real down to earth guys like Nigel or Jad who were very welcoming and encouraging. I had a couple guitar lessons with Nigel, he is a real nice dude with a great heart and some serious skills!

10. 04andrew22

04andrew22 Member

That's great to hear and such a cool experience you had! After my first year of college I was heavily considering dropping the business program I was in to go overseas for the college there at Hillsong, but alas, my parents mandated that I finish my degree at home first and THEN go over there or do whatever I wanted. By the time I was done with my degree here, I wanted nothing more to do with school, and had been getting real experience leading at my church anyways, so elected to forego the dream of going out to Hillsong. I remember being disappointed when my parents wouldn't let me go, but in hindsight don't regret at all the path I went down instead so it all worked out!

Nick-O and dmutter like this.
  11. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

This is awesome and so different from what my mind thought it would be. "Hillsong College" seemed like it would be just a big cash-grab for people who play instruments and want to be with the big boys but the fact that not only do you get hands-on learning with the guys who play the music but also get to play alongside of them in real church settings is great. Shattered my [unfairly formed] opinion.

In other news, visiting Australia is on my bucket list.

12. He_Ma

He_Ma Member

It's on mine too, but with small kids Im not tempted to do 24h flight there, so it'll have to wait like 10 years at least. My Father's cousin lives there and we have open invitation to stay on their place so it would cut costs a lot. They attend Citipointe church nowadays, which has quite nice songs also. Those are just overshadowed by Hillsong IMO.

crambone likes this.
  13. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

I want to go surf in Australia, but I don’t want to buy 5 tickets for it.

kdm1218 and dmutter like this.
  14. roxtc

roxtc Member

Reorganized my rig a bit to make everything a bit more accessible. Ultimately may need to get a couple more dual switch controllers for the SA duo but I'm not 100% sure I'm keeping them yet so didn't want to spend the money, I didn't want to be tied to controlling stuff through MIDI although that's an option too. Looper only gets connected if I'm practicing at home. SA duo and Zoom MS70CDR are in the effects loop which means I have all the effects I use in pedals leaving the Stomp to do what I need. Usually running Dual Amps with a delay and reverb but may start exploring running more delays and reverbs with a single amp.

[​IMG]

Memphis, kdm1218, crambone and 8 others like this.
  15. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

I just discovered that I can add another Dunlop mini volume to my board plan and it’s still only 24” wide. I’ll have one for the speed control of the Supro Trem and another for faking lap steel swells.

Memphis, kdm1218, roxtc and 2 others like this.
  16. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

I just discovered that I can add another Dunlop mini volume to my board plan and it’s still only 24” wide. I’ll have one for the speed control of the Supro Trem and another for faking lap steel swells.

17. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

18. dmutter

dmutter Member

So exciting you get 3 posts!

19. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

I take it the ships WiFi is messed up again

20. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

Yup. It only for 4 more days.
    Then........
    Eff this place!!

crambone, Romanowe and dmutter like this.