P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Zack.LW

Zack.LW Member

“Is this item still available?”

“Yes”

“.........”

playsarobin, dmutter, Kylote and 2 others like this.
  2. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

These are usually my experiences too, or no responses at all, but since Tuesday I’ve sold my semi-hollow and my little 4 watt Vox, guitar at asking price and amp negotiated down a little but ended up what I was going to list and then decided to ask a little higher just to see. Between that and the upgraded parts selling on Reverb I’ve made a nice chunk of cash this week.

And I no longer own a real amp of any sort :hide

3. -Empire

-Empire Supporting Member

Just got back from my Portland / Oregon City / Olympia, WA trip. Willamette CC flew me up there to play for the weekend and their camp. Fun times.

Thank you! Nothing wrong with running pedals with the Stomp. I have a nano+ board with a couple additional pedals besides the Stomp. Been using it a lot for local stuff and personal fly stuff.

Thank you! Really proud of that preset, it's been getting a lot of love from the community.

Even if you're using two amps together in parallel/stereo, you can still toggle the amp drive on both amps up and down simultaneously using one of the footswitches. In this video I am not using any drive pedals (real or modeled), purely just amp drive from two amps in the Stomp. Like all my videos, this is just the raw signal from the Helix's USB output, not being cleaned up with mic preamps or any post EQ or anything like that.

Thank you for the support

These clips are really dark. What are you monitoring through? It's possible that your speaker is hyped in the high end and you're compensating for that by dialing in the preset to be quite dark.

They played a cover of "Bad Guy" and it was so sick. Horns played the main hook with that b5 in it. Love that record. The version of Bad Guy with Bieber is awesome. Bury a Friend is incredible. Love the minimal production.

Prior to Central, I was at a smaller SBC church for around 7 years, maybe 3,000 people or so. Very diverse congregation and staff. Music was a lot more spontaneous, about half gospel and half contemporary P&W. Gospel stuff definitely keeps you on your toes and puts that ear training to work.

Haven't owned a real amp for over 4 years lol

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  4. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

Before I pulled this one out earlier this week to test the volume taper issue I was having on the guitar I just sold, I don’t know the last time I’d gotten that one out either. It was time.

04andrew22 likes this.
  5. papersun

papersun Member

[item listed at $35]
    buyer: [offers $25]
    me: [counter offers $30]
    buyer: i can't go any higher than $25

04andrew22 and Kylote like this.
  6. shawn w

shawn w Member

How did you like Black Lake? I always thought it was a neat place. We've been there a few times.

shawn

7. 04andrew22

04andrew22 Member

Everything was just through my ATH-M50s but I think you're on the right track with your assumption. Tagging @kdm1218 @btjguitarman @yeatzee too so y'all can see the resolution of the issue I was having. Someone sent me this link the other day on Reddit which was pretty enlightening:

https://ehomerecordingstudio.com/fletcher-munson-curve/

Basically I think I just have a bad habit of wanting to crank my headphone volume inordinately loud, so yeah everything was sounding a lot brighter than it really was, even at what most normal people would consider a high listening volume. I'm now running the volume on my Stomp around 2 o'clock instead of 5 o'clock (maxed out) haha and re-EQd a new patch which I think sounds a lot better, especially in context of the overall mix playing over the mp3s for this Sunday. I've been meaning to record a new clip for you guys but just haven't had the time this week with work and practicing and what not.

kdm1218 and dmutter like this.
  8. Anthony Gring

Anthony Gring Silver Supporting Member

Same here. No issues at all w mine.

9. Steely Glen

Steely Glen Supporting Member

Today's setup as I get ready for worship tomorrow.

[​IMG]

10. dmutter

dmutter Member

How do you like the powercabs? How do you make use of them (FRFR mode, or do use the built in Cab sims or with IRs loaded in them)? Do you find you make use of the features of the plus much, or could you have gotten along fine with the more basic features of the standard powercab? What are your thoughts on the quality?

(Asking for a friend of a friend ;))

cjm254 and MattLeFevers like this.
  11. Kluch

Kluch Member

so wait... how does the american pizza compare to the hawaiian pizza?

JokeSmuggler likes this.
  12. Steely Glen

I'm a BIG fan of the PC. I have two Plus models and I have absolutely zero regrets going that route. I find the FRFR Flat mode to be very good. I had an Atomic CLR NEO MkII and sold it once I got the Powercab+ because I felt it did a better job at FRFR and was far more versatile. Most of the time with the Kemper (as pictured), I will run a 1/4" from the Montior Out of the Kemper to the a PowerCab+ and then a L6 Link cable from one PC+ to the other....this way they automatically arrange for stereo. In the Output section of the Kemper, I activate the "Monitor Cab Off" function and then turn on two speaker sims for stage/room volume. The stereo XLR to FOH is untouched by this setting so it incorporates the cabs/mics from the Kemper. Or I could just run FRFR on the PC to ensure I know what's going to FOH. Either way, it's a killer setup. Highly recommended.

cjm254, thebeebs and dmutter like this.
  13. JokeSmuggler

JokeSmuggler Supporting Member

The tone is much more patriotic. Heck it even says Freedom Rock on it. It also has knobs upgraded from "pineapple" to "beer."

Seriously though, it has BC239s driving it. I A/B'd it with my Hawaiian Pizza which I already loved. It's a little less top-end focused. It's not a huge difference but it's a little thicker and a little more mid/low-mid, which comes across as being a little fuller. It still has the same quality about the breakup, a sizzly ripping tone that works super well in a mix, and not hard to get along with at all.

14. Kluch

Kluch Member

Patriotic tone is good with me :D

littleNUKE393 likes this.
  15. dmutter

dmutter Member

This is awesome, thanks. Do you use the built in speaker sims or IRs?

16. Steely Glen

Built in speaker sims work great for
    me. I haven’t felt the need to import my own IRs.

dmutter likes this.
  17. Beydski

Beydski Member

Folks with experience selling guitars on Reverb...any tips on shipping? I need to sell a guitar because of adulting. Where do you source a box? Mine has a hard shell case so I’m not super worried about the packing aspect, but any tips to avoid screwing up or getting hosed on shipping?

18. thebeebs

thebeebs Member

Try your local guitar store for a box

Beydski and kdm1218 like this.
  19. dmutter

dmutter Member

Good to know. I am pondering what it may be like to have one of these for a good option tonset tones with, that could also be useful for jamming. The features of the powercab + seem cool, but I'm uncertain if I would actually use them vs the regular powercab.
    No rush for me to decide though. If i want a real amp I can plug into my Matchless. Just doing my research.

One of the more nobel reasons to sell gear, one of the least exciting reasons. I sold a pair of guitars last year :(, though locally.

Beydski likes this.
  20. Kylote

Kylote Member

I’ve done it recently but got hosed, so I have no tips for not getting hosed :D

dmutter and Beydski like this.