• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Beydski

Folks with experience selling guitars on Reverb...any tips on shipping? I need to sell a guitar because of adulting. Where do you source a box? Mine has a hard shell case so I’m not super worried about the packing aspect, but any tips to avoid screwing up or getting hosed on shipping?

thebeebs

Folks with experience selling guitars on Reverb...any tips on shipping? I need to sell a guitar because of adulting. Where do you source a box? Mine has a hard shell case so I’m not super worried about the packing aspect, but any tips to avoid screwing up or getting hosed on shipping?
Try your local guitar store for a box

dmutter

Built in speaker sims work great for
me. I haven’t felt the need to import my own IRs.
Good to know. I am pondering what it may be like to have one of these for a good option tonset tones with, that could also be useful for jamming. The features of the powercab + seem cool, but I'm uncertain if I would actually use them vs the regular powercab.
No rush for me to decide though. If i want a real amp I can plug into my Matchless. Just doing my research.

One of the more nobel reasons to sell gear, one of the least exciting reasons. I sold a pair of guitars last year :(, though locally.

Kylote

I’ve done it recently but got hosed, so I have no tips for not getting hosed :D

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
Yep, check with a local store on a box. Mine didn’t mind at all to give me one.

Google search on how to ship a guitar as far as packing- main things are to detune your neck a couple steps to relieve that tension and make sure the headstock is padded with bubble wrap or an old T-shirt or something even within the case.

Then I’d list shipping for $100, and you can write in the listing you’ll refund for the difference in actual shipping and handling costs if you want to.

Once you take pictures of the guitar to list, then get it all packed up but take pictures showing the headstock protection, bubble wrap in the case, etc, in case of any issue so you can have it for an insurance claim to show it was packed safely. Weigh it and measure your box dimensions and that Reverb label estimator should give you a good idea.

yeatzee

Every reverb purchase I've made I swear I get a complaint from the seller on how much shipping ended up costing them. I'd factor in whatever the highest estimate you get for shipping a guitar to the furthest location from you then just offer to refund if it's anything less. I bought a mono dual gig bag from a guy and it cost him something like $130+ to ship. Personally I'd always just sell locally if anything is large or fragile, the risk cost and hassle is just to much for me.

On another note, new video up. I take the single coil version of my patch and tweak it on camera to work with my ES345, then I create snapshots for each section of Jesus I come, then I do a playthrough. It was a BEAST to shoot so I'm happy it's finally done lol.

Timestamps in description ;)

Pax

Gold Supporting Member
Buy your shipping label through Reverb. They have the bargaining power to get good rates.

I have a local mom and pop shipping store that will pack my guitar for $10 including taking pics and dealing with the shipper if there is damage. They also have drop off for UPS and FedEx.

If you don’t have a local shipper like this you can still get a box from local guitar store or buy one through U Line, pack it and take pics, buy label through Reverb, and drop off at shipper’s depot (or call them for a pick up if they do that).

I’ve never found shipping to be the PITA a lot of folks make it out to be. Just make sure you cover your shipping cost with a shipping charge or as part of the item’s price.

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
@Beydski you also don’t want to pay UPS or Fedex to pack it for you... or if you do, be prepared for it to be really expensive.

If you have an eBay account it’s worth listing there too, especially if you can catch one of the list for free promos. They have even better shipping rates, and you can put in there an option for shipping to be calculated with purchase based on buyer’s location. The one guitar I sold was through eBay and I think it charged them like $71 for S&H, but then when I got my options for what shippers they had available it only cost me like $43.

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member
Buy your shipping label through Reverb. They have the bargaining power to get good rates.
This, but they screw you on the insurance/protection plan. For example just shipped an amp. FedEx wanted $72 + $13 for insurance. Reverb was $40 + $30 for insurance. On top of the $77 they took in listing and payment fees. Still cheaper than Fedex, but the gouging on insurance irks me.

If I list any thing other than pedals on reverb ever again it will be out of desperation.

papersun

20 Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him,

27 and the preacher said, "We have to have the courage to admit that Raising Canes has superior chicken to Chick-fil-A.

28 All the people in the synagogue were furious when they heard this. 29 They got up, drove him out of the town, and took him to the brow of the hill on which the town was built, in order to throw him off the cliff. 30 But he walked right through the crowd and went on his way.

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
It’s simultaneously awesome and suuuuuper intimidating to have my almost professional classical musician theology professor from seminary preaching today. She’s probably top two or three most influential people in my own development of theology and music and all that we do on Sundays. Also she’s smarter than probably everyone in this room combined. I love it.

JokeSmuggler

Silver Supporting Member
20 Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him,

27 and the preacher said, "We have to have the courage to admit that Raising Canes has superior chicken to Chick-fil-A.

28 All the people in the synagogue were furious when they heard this. 29 They got up, drove him out of the town, and took him to the brow of the hill on which the town was built, in order to throw him off the cliff. 30 But he walked right through the crowd and went on his way.
I’m totally sitting in a Cane’s right now

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member

This made me chuckle.

It's wrong, but humorous :D

Trending Topics