P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. 04andrew22

04andrew22 Member

Listening through this now -- it's killer! Awesome tones and writing.

boyce89976 likes this.
  2. Kluch

Kluch Member

Ya, to be honest I haven't been super invested in the hip hop scene but NF's popularity reaches far beyond the "faith based" crowd. He has multiple radio hits on public stations and he's really well known in the "secular" music realm. What really got my wife and I is how "real" and "raw" a lot of his lyrics are without being explicit. My kids even like listening to some of his stuff which we think is super fun!

3. caledoneus

caledoneus Member

Love NF. We saw him in concert last year, and are going to see him again next month. Love how real he is with his lyrics and all... doesn't try to pretend or play a part, just expressing his thoughts in a way that really connects to people. Lecrae is another great Christian "Hip Hop" artist you might want to check out.

dmutter likes this.
  4. caledoneus

caledoneus Member

they used one of his songs last night for one of the little intro scenes for the Clemson game on the ACC network. :)

5. dmutter

dmutter Member

I have been following NF since album #1. I am not a big hip hop/rap fan but I love his stuff. It is real art. He has an intensity and rawness that pierces through the fluff of pop culture.
    I really respect how he is willing to talk about issues like mental health, anger, emotional pain, etc. He seems extremely focused on making the art that he wants to make, not what he feels pressured to make (and he talks about that too). I also appreciate his honest reflections on faith, and the struggle to walk it out the way that he would like. He covers other topic auch as friendship and relationship in ways that feel very honest and fresh.

Overall, each album has been well done and thought provoking. It is quite good art IMO, thpugh may not be everybody's style. I like the music he uses too...it's not all mind-numbing samples.

Kluch and caledoneus like this.
  6. caledoneus

caledoneus Member

I've got to agree. The "realness" of his songs is probably what is his biggest draw. He doesn't hold back from talking about those things that lots of time church culture, or even just "polite" society will tell you not to talk about.

dmutter and Kluch like this.
  7. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

Thanks dude! I couldn't be more proud of them. The two guitar players are 16 and 17 years old. Drummer is 18 and the bass player is 24 (his full time band is called Idle Threat). They killed it!

04andrew22 and MattLeFevers like this.
  8. travis_38

travis_38 Supporting Member

NF is awesome. His new record is killer.

dmutter and Kluch like this.
  9. Kluch

Kluch Member

Agree on all accounts. My wife and I really enjoy his focus on mental health in his songs.
    yep, completely agree.

dmutter likes this.
  10. Kluch

Kluch Member

Totally! The Search is just a masterpiece of a song IMO

11. cjm254

cjm254 Member

Stealing this for when I get, "Why don't you drink...?"

We have a Hip-Hop service Saturday nights after the contemporary service.

12. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

Well, I might get to experience it soon... I think I just made a trade deal on one. Looking forward to trying it out. :dude

13. thiscalltoarms

thiscalltoarms more gadgets than Batman. Gold Supporting Member

Update:

I accidentally impulse bought another Veritas pro-line. They are switching to an American made pro-line after this batch, but that new pro-line MIA will use simpler color schemes and cost more. I decided to spring for a sparkle mini master. When my custom 503 eventually shows up, I might have to part with this mini master (or if money gets tight as the baby approaches and loans kick in), but for now: I'm excited and going to see how it goes. Since they're only going with simple paint schemes on the future American made ones, I'd imagine that if I don't like it, there will be someone interested in it...

Pics from Veritas sale link:

[​IMG]

14. dmutter

dmutter Member

Nice looking guitar! Definitely not an accidental purchase though!

kdm1218 likes this.
  15. thiscalltoarms

thiscalltoarms more gadgets than Batman. Gold Supporting Member

hahaha, depends how we define accidental I guess, for me, who often stews on purchases for months and years, a decision made within 20 minutes seems accidental. There was logic and decisiveness to my approach, but the length of time and lack of prolonged deliberation is what I meant by accidental. I suppose I might argue here that it was more of a sudden shift out of the expected key, rather than an accidental as in a "mistake."

Jazz, not P&W? :band

dmutter, boyce89976 and kdm1218 like this.
  16. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

I have one, use in after a Gain Changer. For Strats and Teles its amazing. When I use the 335 I tend to use it more as a clean boost.

It has a lot of EQ. I have been thinking of selling it (and a few other pedals) only because I have a KOT incoming and I need room on my board. It is nothing like any other ODs I have had. It has a lot of clarity and chime and sparkle if I had to try and describe it. But the bottom end is very strong too though and I tended to keep that turned low.

boyce89976 likes this.
  17. cjm254

cjm254 Member

Actually, considering how quickly they sold out - 20 minutes is a really long deliberation period...

also - DM me when you get bored of it...

dmutter, thiscalltoarms and kdm1218 like this.
  18. cjm254

cjm254 Member

This is what intrigues me about the DRV... That and the fat low end...

boyce89976 likes this.
  19. He_Ma

He_Ma Member

I listen some rap/hip-hop occasionally. Most of it is stuff I listened when I was young like cypress hill and 2pac etc. Long story short, Cypress Hill led me to Linkin park and that to Metallica and that to me wanting to learn to play.

You just fell on top of your computer and accidentally hit the buy button? :D

Seriously that's one cool looking guitar!

dmutter, kdm1218 and Kluch like this.
  20. Beydski

Beydski Member

J dilla - Donuts
    The Roots - Dilla Joints
    Madlib - Shades of Blue
    DJ Shadow - Endtroducing

Instrumental hip hop. Super fun to jam along!

ThinPaperWings and Kluch like this.