1. The target date for the upgrade is this Tuesday, August 11, 2020. We expect a few hours of downtime during that process. We will post on Twitter and Facebook to keep everyone updated on the progress.
    Dismiss Notice

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. kingrazor

kingrazor Member

We did that song all the time when I first came to my church in the early 2000s. Also songs like this:

Desperad0, crambone and kdm1218 like this.
  2. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

Wait, that means there was actually an electric guitar though. So that’s something. I seriously don’t think there was an electric player in the bands that would lead campus services through the student ministry at my Baptist university, and that was 2003-2006. And one iteration had a girl I eventually roomed with actually playing a grand piano instead of a keyboard. There were drums though.

Church music has come far for us to be debating about lyrics and arrangement of So Will I, versus songs like this, Trading My Sorrows, etc. Whether your church uses/likes a song or not, I think we’d all be able to agree that within the broader CCM genre there’s a lot more room for artistry than there once was.

ThinPaperWings and Playpunk like this.
  3. He_Ma

He_Ma Member

My current church is still singing some of those songs :D I usually try to have one oldie but goldie in each service, one new song and spread the rest in that maybe 25 year span.. And that 25 is only if we don't count those old hymns that we also occasionally do. Luckily Elevation has done some nice versions of hymns, so it's easy to loan those.

We have arranged some songs to something totally different. We used to play Kings of Leon Notion chords and riff (E-major based) on top of one traditional P&W song in Finland which has verses C#m-A-E-B like million other songs and. Some slow songs can be played fast and vice versa and they work really well too and get totally different vibe, but this is rare though. We also had little bit of modal interchange in old classic breathe. Re-arrangements for win with boring old songs..

4. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

I play songs that are 20yrs old all the time.
    Same reason I still like Zep.

5. crambone

crambone Member

yes lord yes lord yes yes lord

kdm1218, lemonman, Pax and 3 others like this.
  6. yeatzee

yeatzee Member

Forgot to share my rig from the weekend

[​IMG]

Really enjoyed it! So far the sound guy and the 3 drummers I've played with using this rig have told me they prefer the amps. How much of that is psychological, how much of that is loud amps on stage I'm not sure but interesting regardless! Also worth noting they mentioned my tone was as close to perfect as they've ever heard with the Kemper but they like how raw the amps sound.

Ribby1, Chance, Playpunk and 8 others like this.
  7. btjguitarman

btjguitarman Supporting Member

“I really like this section of Isaiah as a song, but I need a chorus. Yes Lord! Done!”

8. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

Can’t remember how to post pics without imgur.

9. cjm254

cjm254 Member

Thumbtack.

10. Alex335

Alex335 Member

Heres a borad I made recently, lots of midi controled pedals, realy fun to mess with that board. Figuring the es8 was a pain in the ass though

flatulentmatt likes this.
  11. Kluch

Kluch Member

Obligatory... every 1000 posts or so ;)

12. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

NGD!

Sold an old Two Rock 2x12 cab today. Met the guy in front of Guitar Center. Once the transaction was completed, I went in just to see if they had anything new/interesting. Found the JBL 305P MkII's on sale for $129 ea. Couldn't pass them up since my computer speakers crapped out on me yesterday. Pretty happy with them, and Hershel approves! ;)

Between these and the Adam TV5's, the Adams had quite a bit more treble extension but no bass. These have plenty of bass, even for 5" drivers, and the top-end is still quite nice, even though it's not quite as smooth as the Adams. But for $140 more for the Adams, I'm REALLY pleased with these.

Hershel story: I ran into him at the Nashville airport a few years ago. He was so kind. I told him "my wife and I really appreciated how he played the moral compass on Walking Dead, and she is going to freak out when I tell her I met you." He asked her name, and told me to thank her for being a fan. Then I thanked him for the picture and walked away. As soon as we parted company, I called my wife, and predictably, she freaked out. I went into a store to get some water and I'm still talking to my wife, and this voice behind me says "is that XXXX?" I turned around and it's him. I said "yes sir, it is." He said "can I talk to her?" My wife is on the other end of the phone getting hysterical, "IS THAT SCOTT? NO, I CAN'T TALK TO HIM, I WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY, DON'T HAND HIM THE..." I promptly gave him the phone, and she loved every minute of it. :)

We were both saddened when he passed away last year.
    [​IMG]

13. lemonman

lemonman Supporting Member

You need to stop posting pics of your 345; you keep forcing me to violate the 10th commandment!

yeatzee and cjm254 like this.
  14. btjguitarman

.....i started to google the 10th amendment. Not the same.

Hey @boyce89976 now that you’ve had it for a bit how are you feeling about the p90s in the fano now? There’s a rivolta combinata 1 in town at a good price that I might kick some tires on...

MoonshineMan, kdm1218 and boyce89976 like this.
  15. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

The bridge pickup is fantastic... mid push, and loose feeling. The neck pickup is great, but just a tad dark for my tastes. I got some different magnets from Throbak (that's the pickups in it) that should brighten it up.

Are Throbak's in the Rivolta?

thebeebs likes this.
  16. btjguitarman

It says Rivolta Novanta. So, not the same.

boyce89976 likes this.
  17. He_Ma

He_Ma Member

There's a difference between Fano and Novo. This info is coming from a guy who has Fano in his profile pic and just ordered Novo :)

No Throbak's in Rivoltas for sure.. They have some Rivoltas own P90's. Not sure what they are based on and if there's significant difference in quality.

boyce89976 likes this.
  18. btjguitarman

Yeah I don’t expect to be getting a top shelf guitar for $600(or even the $900 new price). Just something good in that price range

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    boyce89976 likes this.
  19. dmutter

dmutter Member

My nearly 3 month break from playing electric guitar finally ends this weekend! Apparently it had to be an acoustic Summer, and for the most part I enjoyed switching things up. Good thing the next month is jammed full of lead electric playing though.
    This weekend I play at a church that prefers a silent stage so I will be using my HX Stomp for my amp, delay, and reverb while using my Double Barrel for overdrive and Tone Press for comp. It is my maiden voyage with just the Stomp, so it feels weird bit I am sure it will be great.

-Empire, Romanowe, kdm1218 and 6 others like this.
  20. crambone

crambone Member

Good deal, let us know how it goes.

Ribby1, kdm1218 and dmutter like this.