P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

Can’t remember how to post pics without imgur.

2. cjm254

cjm254 Member

Thumbtack.

3. Alex335

Alex335 Member

Heres a borad I made recently, lots of midi controled pedals, realy fun to mess with that board. Figuring the es8 was a pain in the ass though

flatulentmatt likes this.
  4. Kluch

Kluch Member

Obligatory... every 1000 posts or so ;)

5. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

NGD!

Sold an old Two Rock 2x12 cab today. Met the guy in front of Guitar Center. Once the transaction was completed, I went in just to see if they had anything new/interesting. Found the JBL 305P MkII's on sale for $129 ea. Couldn't pass them up since my computer speakers crapped out on me yesterday. Pretty happy with them, and Hershel approves! ;)

Between these and the Adam TV5's, the Adams had quite a bit more treble extension but no bass. These have plenty of bass, even for 5" drivers, and the top-end is still quite nice, even though it's not quite as smooth as the Adams. But for $140 more for the Adams, I'm REALLY pleased with these.

Hershel story: I ran into him at the Nashville airport a few years ago. He was so kind. I told him "my wife and I really appreciated how he played the moral compass on Walking Dead, and she is going to freak out when I tell her I met you." He asked her name, and told me to thank her for being a fan. Then I thanked him for the picture and walked away. As soon as we parted company, I called my wife, and predictably, she freaked out. I went into a store to get some water and I'm still talking to my wife, and this voice behind me says "is that XXXX?" I turned around and it's him. I said "yes sir, it is." He said "can I talk to her?" My wife is on the other end of the phone getting hysterical, "IS THAT SCOTT? NO, I CAN'T TALK TO HIM, I WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY, DON'T HAND HIM THE..." I promptly gave him the phone, and she loved every minute of it. :)

We were both saddened when he passed away last year.
    [​IMG]

6. lemonman

lemonman Supporting Member

You need to stop posting pics of your 345; you keep forcing me to violate the 10th commandment!

yeatzee and cjm254 like this.
  7. btjguitarman

btjguitarman Member

.....i started to google the 10th amendment. Not the same.

Hey @boyce89976 now that you’ve had it for a bit how are you feeling about the p90s in the fano now? There’s a rivolta combinata 1 in town at a good price that I might kick some tires on...

MoonshineMan, kdm1218 and boyce89976 like this.
  8. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

The bridge pickup is fantastic... mid push, and loose feeling. The neck pickup is great, but just a tad dark for my tastes. I got some different magnets from Throbak (that's the pickups in it) that should brighten it up.

Are Throbak's in the Rivolta?

thebeebs likes this.
  9. btjguitarman

btjguitarman Member

It says Rivolta Novanta. So, not the same.

boyce89976 likes this.
  10. He_Ma

He_Ma Member

There's a difference between Fano and Novo. This info is coming from a guy who has Fano in his profile pic and just ordered Novo :)

No Throbak's in Rivoltas for sure.. They have some Rivoltas own P90's. Not sure what they are based on and if there's significant difference in quality.

boyce89976 likes this.
  11. btjguitarman

btjguitarman Member

Yeah I don’t expect to be getting a top shelf guitar for $600(or even the $900 new price). Just something good in that price range

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 12:54 AM
    boyce89976 likes this.
  12. dmutter

dmutter Member

My nearly 3 month break from playing electric guitar finally ends this weekend! Apparently it had to be an acoustic Summer, and for the most part I enjoyed switching things up. Good thing the next month is jammed full of lead electric playing though.
    This weekend I play at a church that prefers a silent stage so I will be using my HX Stomp for my amp, delay, and reverb while using my Double Barrel for overdrive and Tone Press for comp. It is my maiden voyage with just the Stomp, so it feels weird bit I am sure it will be great.

-Empire, Romanowe, kdm1218 and 6 others like this.
  13. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

Good deal, let us know how it goes.

kdm1218 and dmutter like this.
  14. Desperad0

Desperad0 Member

I'm interested to hear how that goes with the Stomp. I've been starting to lean towards utilizing mine that way (comp + drives into stomp, then use stomp for amps + wet fx).

What church are you at in Ontario?

dmutter likes this.
  15. dmutter

dmutter Member

I owned the Stomp once before and sold it about 6 months back. At that point I was using the comp and drives in the stomp with my own delay/verb. I am much happier with it this way. I don't love the comps in the stomp. They probably arent bad, but I find it easier to get a setting I like on my comp. I will report back for sure.

I live in Cambridge, home church is Plattsville EMC. This weekend I am serving up in Stouffville. My wife and I lead a travel team of sorts, so we find ourselves around Ontario some. Where are you in Hamilton?

16. Kluch

Kluch Member

So this Sunday will be the first Sunday in a couple of years that I'll be playing for a worship service. I'll be on electric but also leading some songs vocally (always an interesting combo). One of the songs we're doing is 'Praise Him Forever' by Tomlin. Had never heard it before I saw it scheduled.
    Anyone playing this one? Seems like a fun, upbeat, high energy type of song.

crambone, MattLeFevers and cjm254 like this.
  17. 04andrew22

04andrew22 Member

You're going to love it! Let us know how it goes.

This reminds me I meant to mention that I used stomp mode instead of snapshot mode this weekend. I know I'm probably late to the game but after some research learned about "stompshots" which are a revelation to me, especially since I wanted access to the tuner from FS3 and have migrated my reverb to external pedals (and also didn't need 3 totally different snapshots like I have in weeks past). So FS1 toggled between a light and heavy delay, FS2 toggled my FX loop w/Specular Tempus & Dispatch Master on/off for dry tone if I needed it, and FS3 to tap/tuner. Worked out really well, and such a small thing but was nice being able to see the tempo indicator light flashing on FS3 especially since I had my Tempus sending tempo to the stomp. Want to dig in more to figure out more uses -- would love to hear if and how any of you are using this FS layout!

18. StickyWicket520

StickyWicket520 Member

Being new to the Hx Stomp, I haven't come across stompshots. Please enlighten me.

Desperad0 likes this.
  19. Desperad0

Desperad0 Member

That's cool!

I'm at a church called Kingsview Community Church. I've been attending there about 3 years now. Moderately sized church, around 350 weekly attendees and growing. It's got a solid community, pastoral staff is great and leading a really strong vision.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 12:09 PM
    crambone and dmutter like this.
  20. MattLeFevers

MattLeFevers Member

My wife and I love that song. I charted it out and added it to Planning Center for future use but we haven't actually debuted it yet.

Very fun, happy, accessible song that still has some lyrical depth. It's like an update of the "All Creatures" hymn (and/or Psalm 148) but made catchy.

I have a bit that I do where I sing the words to "Awesome Is The Lord Most High" over that one, because they sound really similar to each other, but I am only mocking it affectionately. We're big Tomlin fans in our household.

Kluch likes this.