P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. rickenbackerkid

rickenbackerkid Member

Wait - you were running a Tech 21 amp modeller into the front of a tube amp? That's not going to sound good, you would be better off using one of the other, not both.

Sean413, Playpunk, dmutter and 3 others like this.
  2. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

Agreed.

Kluch likes this.
  3. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

If you found top boost too trebly then you might revisit the normal channel again too. And remember you can always roll back on your tone knob to cut some highs.

crambone and dmutter like this.
  4. btjguitarman

btjguitarman Supporting Member

I mean yeah I’d be pissed if I say down to practice and got sucked into tweaking presets and whatnot, but this was the plan all along. It just took forever to learn how to do it all along the way.

kdm1218 likes this.
  5. dreamingaxe

dreamingaxe Member

Only if its not a Fender amp.. I never had problems with a Marshall type amp, or even direct to PA, sometimes I even use the Tech21 Blonde in front of a Fender tube amp if I want something Tweedy.. The only problem you will have is if you run the Blonde's gain way too high as it will start to become fizzy.. I run this VERY clean, and I dont have a problem running a Timmy and the OD3 + Klone, and delays and reverb..

This is my solution to be VERY consistent with my tone.. Like I said, I like Fendery cleans.. and having no experience with Vox tube amps, I didnt know it breaks up so easily and very bright.. I mean, when I finally dimed the tone cut, I was able to appreciate the vox..

Yes I do use the tone knob on my guitar too, but I always set my EQ, so I dont have to fiddle with the tone, and to get a really nice Bridge pickup tone as I am 95% on it, I dont really use the neck pickup but when I switch to the neck pickup, it will be a bit dark, but my AV64 neck pickup can sound nice a little bit darker than usual as Ive said, the 64 pickups are bright.. My number 1 guitar, an AV62, is also like this.. :) I'm weird and different like that.. I dont like being in some other else's sonic territory, so I create my own space with my tonal decisions and chording/note choices.. :)

6. He_Ma

He_Ma Member

I've listened this like 100 times last week:

7. Shuikit

Shuikit Member

Out of interest, which preset is this?

Thanks!

8. Playpunk

Playpunk Member

Revised big board. Stuck some cables on it and it still all fits.

9. dmutter

dmutter Member

Looks fun!

10. ewatkins

ewatkins Supporting Member

WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THIS WITH THE KEMPER?!?!? I only have access to a kemper when I play about once a month at the church. I could just plug my guitar straight in to get the amp tone set... Then, plug my pedalboard into the front.

This is like last wednesday when I was so mad I wasnt getting any sound from my rig... Then I realized the volume knob on my guitar was at 0. :facepalm

boyce89976, PianoMan and kdm1218 like this.
  11. kdm1218

Sounds about like when I’m checking every cable and connection only to finally realize tuner mute is on ;)

MoonshineMan, PianoMan and ewatkins like this.
  12. PianoMan

PianoMan Supporting Member

Or when my first pedalboard client plugged in his board for the very first time to find that his tone was incredibly weak and tinny and it took us nearly 40 minutes to figure out that the wah was turned on. :jo

We've all been there. :)

13. btjguitarman

btjguitarman Supporting Member

He’s so so so good. I’m seeing him in a couple weeks #totalmancrush

14. Playpunk

Playpunk Member

A little heavy too.

Kluch and dmutter like this.
  15. kdm1218

Funny about amp preferences, I tried my hardest to run a Lonestar ch1 yesterday just for something different, and it just wasn’t punchy enough for me. I went back to my good old safe AC30 patch by the end of practice and played that for service. Yesterday was just HX Stomp using amp drive/pickups/compressor boost for dirt so maybe I’ll give it another go when I get my full Helix back from repairs. So @dreamingaxe while you’re getting helpful suggestions sometimes it’s also just what you like or don’t like. I can’t do just Fender cleans in a band mix at all.

shawn w, cjm254 and dmutter like this.
  16. kingrazor

kingrazor Member

The Lonestar was my favorite model on the Helix. Combined with a Marshall 4x12 cab model :cool:

17. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

When I was just using a tuner and a trem, I plugged it all in backwards, because I was sitting on the stage steps when I did it.
    I’m an electrician. ;)

Memphis, vibrostrat43, cjm254 and 4 others like this.
  18. He_Ma

He_Ma Member

#totalmancrush here too. I think I remember you going some other cool gig at summer so you obviously have great taste in music.

shawn w likes this.
  19. kdm1218

I’ll have to try the 4x12. Currently on I think the Interstate 2x12.

20. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

This is why I never see myself going to full modeling (Helix in particular) and why I will always run a pedalboard into an amp/amp profile. Just so many variables... rabbit hole temptations... constant tweaking. I tweak enough as it is with the Kemper... o_O