P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

We’re going to Disneyland tomorrow. You around?

Kluch likes this.
  2. tobereleased

tobereleased Member

Yeah, when tracks are unobstrusive like that is when they're doing their job properly.

One of the things that can be particularly offputting is that you can end up with sounds that don't seem to belong, particularly if the music is being at a volume level significantly lower than where the recorded tracks come from - loud timbres played quietly to me sound out of place and wrong. It's the same issue I've had with churches using electric drum kits - the drummer wails away, and the sounds are that of a drum kit getting absolutely thrashed, yet the volume is utterly choked.

It's kind of like an audio uncanny valley thing for me. And if you're careful with how you use tracks, I'm sure it can be avoided - but probably isn't for a lot of churches.

Anyway, gear: My two new DOD pedals arrived (envelope filter and phasor) and I bought a Strymon Ojai to chuck under the board and let me power more stuff.

[​IMG]

The Grace comp and Gonkulator aren't currently in the signal chain, but they're there so I can sub them in if I feel like it. Next step is to get a Zuma mounting bracket so I can put it under the board and put my SY-300 back on instead of the TU2.

(aside: phasor + carcosa + fuzz god + moogerfooger + el cap + 80s reverb on the flint makes for awesome swells. I know that volume pedals are the swell du jour in P&W, but I much prefer the character of low pass filter swells)

Romanowe, kdm1218, cjm254 and 6 others like this.
  3. Kluch

Kluch Member

Unfortunately, we are on the other side of the country in Disney world. Would have been cool though had it have worked out to be in the same place!

4. JokeSmuggler

JokeSmuggler Member

Cool board man...2 fuzz and no OD, das bold yeah! Bet you can get some really cool sounds with all the modulation here. What amp?

tobereleased likes this.
  5. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

Dude, the bridge of As You Find Me just goes on forever!

boyce89976 likes this.
  6. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

Haha, like I said, train wreck. :facepalm

HurricaneJesus likes this.
  7. tobereleased

tobereleased Member

I run stereo into a mesa F50 and a tweed princeton clone. The drive circuit on the moogerfooger, the tape saturation on the Deco, and the natural overdrive of the princeton clone form the baseline dirt of my sound. The Mesa I usually run completely clean to give some more oomph in the lows and highs (the princeton and my guitar are both very mid-heavy).

I definitely love me some varied modulation.

JokeSmuggler likes this.
  8. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

You mean....that part just wrecks you? :)

boyce89976 likes this.
  9. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

:spit

It didn't feel like a 12 minute song. :cry:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    HurricaneJesus likes this.
  10. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

This weekend the weather is gonna be AWESOME...first "cold front" to hit us since April. Should be absolutely gorgeous. We'll probably be at Animal Kingdom or Epcot.

Nick-O and Kluch like this.
  11. He_Ma

He_Ma Member

Ben&Jerrys Caramel Sutra is my favourite :oops:

12. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

If it doesn’t contain cookie dough I’m probably not interested.

MattLeFevers, Kluch and kdm1218 like this.
  13. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

Blue Bell or bust. I know that doesn’t mean much to any non-Texan, but it’s still truth ;)

14. papersun

papersun Member

each enneagram type's favorite ice cream:

kdm1218 likes this.
  15. btjguitarman

btjguitarman Member

nah, not enneagram. I know just enough psychology to be dangerous so it’s along those lines

Kluch and boyce89976 like this.
  16. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

You will always find a gallon of Blue Bell vanilla in our freezer at any given moment. Listeria? pfft...

17. Pax

Pax Silver Supporting Member

The waayyyy too early Advent song request:

My WL has asked for help coming up with songs for the Advent season. I could use some help myself. Would appreciate it if you could share what you'll be playing or thinking about playing.

18. Playpunk

Playpunk Member

I know that I've mentioned a bunch of times how lucky I am, as a total amateur, to have a friend who is a really legit pro sound tech. He is currently on tour with Aqueous, which is a jammy kind of a band, and he sent me one of the live recordings he did of that band. It sounds so good, and I thought I'd share it here.

https://www.nugs.net/live-download-...streaming/23384.html?cgid=ARTIST-1085#start=1

Just some samples, but these are stems from the board, which he mixed in protools.

19. Kluch

Kluch Member

Ya the cold front coming in will be very welcomed! Today has been hot!! We're leaving Hollywood studios right now for nap time ;)
    Saturday we will be at magic kingdom. Unfortunately Epcot and animal kingdom aren't on our list of parks to hit this time around ...I did really want to hit Epcot but decided it was best not to push it this time since it's our first Disney trip and with our character meals it was already pretty expensive!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    crambone likes this.
  20. Kluch

Kluch Member

As a 3, I'm all over Graeter's... But we've been through the ice cream thing on this thread plenty before.