P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Kylote

Kylote Member

These are my favorite that we've done, but sort of depends on what fits your particular style. They're all a bit old, but a good Advent song is forever (or something).

First two are more special music while the last one our congregation really gets into and sings along with.

Pax and dmutter like this.
  2. Kylote

Kylote Member

One more we did last year that went well as a congregational one...

Pax likes this.
  3. dmutter

dmutter Member

I think we talk about this every year, but the Future and Forestry Advent/Christmas stuff is some of my fav. I know @btjguitarman and I have at least shared this before.

Pax, Kylote and btjguitarman like this.
  4. ewatkins

ewatkins Supporting Member

As a Nine, I can really see the value in all types and flavors of ice cream. However, I have some very deep hidden anger toward a couple of flavors such as mint chocolate chip. I'll never confront the mint chocolate chip unless it's forced on me, in which case I will uncharacteristically BLOW UP in the mint chocolate chip's face then feel terrible about the conflict and do Everything I can to pick up the pieces and restore the relationship. However, I will still hate mint chocolate chip for a very long time.

That being said, if you're my friend, then your favorite is my favorite. I will blend in with all different flavor lovers to the point that I genuinely dont even know what my favorite flavor is...

Being a 9 is exhausting. I think I need to take a nap. Also, no offense, please dont be mad at me. I hate conflict.

5. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

I am also thankful every time this time of year that my church does a single service of Christmas music and not a whole month. I love listening to it and generally really dislike playing it, at least all the traditional hymn style songs that were not written with guitar involved.

6. Steely Glen

Steely Glen Supporting Member

Looking forward to rehearsal tonight and services Sunday. Our setlist is:

Lion and the Lamb
    Valley
    It Is Well
    Good Grace (I Have a Feeling It’s Gonna Get Rowdy)

This week I’ll be experimenting with Helix + Kemper. The TJ ACE30 Profile with Helix effects in front and behind. Should be fun!

Pax, yeatzee and kdm1218 like this.
  7. yeatzee

yeatzee Member

Nice! That's my main rig, I've got that Helix preset dialed with them hooked up in 4CM. Let me know if you're interested in the patch, it's not "out there" yet but it's what I use unchanged 99% of the time I play the kemper.

Steely Glen likes this.
  8. travis_38

travis_38 Supporting Member

NGD! GFI Specular Reverb V3. I only had maybe a half hour to dig in but initial impressions are very positive. It passes my “sounds great within 30 seconds” test with flying colors. I think I am going to try a very paired down board with the Specular going into the HX stomp with a couple of overdrives in front.

9. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

We did Robbie Seay's "Come Thou Long Expected Jesus" for a couple years... probably my favorite so far. It has some good guitar stuff, and has a great, swing-ish kind of feel.

Pax likes this.
  10. -Empire

-Empire Supporting Member

How you monitor is really important. If you’re not familiar with how your headphones translate to FOH, you’re not going to have good luck. It’s better to go the other direction first, i.e. dial in sounds through a good PA at full live volume, and then listen to those same presets at home through your headphones. Chances are you will be shocked at how dark they sound at low volumes at home. Once you understand the differences and what good FOH tones sound like in headphones, you can start trying to dial in tones with headphones. You’ll also want to use good quality studio headphones. Definitely not cheap in ears or consumer grade headphones like skull candy or Beats.

For reference, I have a free AC30 preset on my website if you want to download that. It’s the same amp/cab/EQ setup I use live on tour, so you can get an idea of the amount of high end that works well live.

Chance, viden, dmutter and 3 others like this.
  11. Pax

Pax Silver Supporting Member

Thanks! Sent you PM.

12. Playpunk

Playpunk Member

Ordered my first Strymon. No prizes for guessing which one.

losrogers and yeatzee like this.
  13. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

OB-1, right (the comp, I think that’s its name)? Since it is always raved about?

ThinPaperWings likes this.
  14. dmutter

dmutter Member

Iridium or El Cap?

15. LeftyGuitarist

LeftyGuitarist Member

I hope this isn't hijacking the thread but, for those who are still using amps on your worship team, what are you using?

16. Playpunk

Playpunk Member

yes

dmutter and kdm1218 like this.
  17. Playpunk

Playpunk Member

for sure a hijack.

what kind of ice cream represents your worship style?

18. Steely Glen

Steely Glen Supporting Member

Tanner, sure, I'm always open to see what other folks are using. I really like the Kemper feel. It's pretty drastic how much more realistic that aspect is over the Helix, IMO. But the Helix wins for ease of UI and the Editor. I'm a computer-based tweaker and prefer to do all my work in that manner; an Editor is my preferred workflow. Not sure why Kemper can't understand that and get a software product to market..... If the darn thing wasn't so good at what it does, no one would tolerate how clunky it is at times.

yeatzee likes this.
  19. LeftyGuitarist

LeftyGuitarist Member

My bad! I forgot this is a 'Helix only' thread.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    MoonshineMan, dmutter and Kluch like this.
  20. kingrazor

kingrazor Member

We have an AC30C2 (with greenbacks) and a Fender George Benson Hot Rod Deluxe.

LeftyGuitarist likes this.