P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Abandoned, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Playpunk

Playpunk Member

Precisely where I am too - limited time to play, no appetite for menu diving. I *can* do it on the Kemper, I've just never enjoyed it. I've used the KPA as both an amp replacement and a all in one solution, and only really enjoyed it as an amp replacement. It's just not as good of a pedalboard (IMO of course) as a real analog pedalboard.

I'm torn between buying a bunch of tools for making guitars (and furniture, I keep telling my wife, even though that's the most obvious lie ever) or a real analog amp with the proceeds from the anticipated sale. I have really really enjoyed the profiles of Morgan AC20's I've played, and am thinking of getting one of those unreliable fire machines for goofing off at home. My personal situation has kind of flipped, where most of the time I have to play is when I am at home at lunch now, and all of my family is gone, instead of playing late at night when they're all asleep.

MattLeFevers likes this.
  2. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

We are doing a remake of "A Mighty Fortress", and we just finished up the guitars. We're going for an "Arena Rock" feel... so it's very "wall of sound" at the end. Taylor Johnson and I did the guitar parts (not in person, unfortunately). He has 8 stereo tracks and I have 6 stereo tracks... 14 GUITAR TRACKS, HAHAHAHA!!!. It might be a little too much of a good thing, but I don't have to make those decisions, haha!

Here's the full rough mix from my tracking sessions, pre vocals, with nothing but some compression on my guitar parts:

Here's ALL 14 TRACKS of the isolated EG's (with click/guide and drums). Taylor is an ambient pad wizard... he probably doesn't get enough credit for that part of his playing:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  3. boyce89976

I haven't! I'd love to try one though. I'd also like to try a Protein, but only if they would make a 4-jack version so you can split the sides for a loop switcher.

4. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

14 guitar tracks is just fine :D

boyce89976 likes this.
  5. papersun

papersun Member

why so few

6. boyce89976

:spit

kdm1218 likes this.
  7. btjguitarman

btjguitarman Supporting Member

That sounds killer. Wish I liked that song even in the slightest cuz that arrangement sounds great

8. PianoMan

PianoMan Supporting Member

Sounds great! LOVE the ending riff. I'm already looking forward to hearing the full version!

Ditto! If they ever do a 4-jack version, I'll buy it asap!

boyce89976 likes this.
  9. boyce89976

Thanks guys! I never really liked the song either until we started working on this version. Now it's one of those that I'll get stuck in my head (especially that interlude riff TJ came up with).

I discovered I had a setting wrong on a couple of my EG tracks that was causing some of the parts not to 'pop' like I wanted them too. I'll upload and replace the links in the original post.

EDIT: Updated tracks posted

10. travis_38

travis_38 Supporting Member

Apparently he's doing a dual TRS jack version of it now.

PianoMan and boyce89976 like this.
  11. PianoMan

PianoMan Supporting Member

Do tell! Where can I get information on this!

boyce89976 likes this.
  12. btjguitarman

Well i just spent a half hour with an iridium and I’m impressed. Super easy to use, and feels real good, plus that air knob is magic. Like set just below noon I took my earbuds out to make sure I didn’t still have the speaker on in the store. They all sound like the real amps, and the gained up Marshall tones are balls. Doesn’t make me want to go sell my current setup but I’d totally recommend it to say my other EG player at church, or just straight up buy one to replace the HRD at our church. They need to make a V2 with an effects loop though....

Kluch, losrogers, Playpunk and 6 others like this.
  13. Pax

Pax Silver Supporting Member

@boyce89976 are you using your Boss VB-2w? How are you incorporating it into your sound? When do you use it?

dmutter and boyce89976 like this.
  14. boyce89976

I am! I'm using it for a few different things. Right now I have it set pretty aggressively and use it a lot for chunky palm muted stuff, or for high triad arpeggio's. Those are probably the two most common. I also turn the depth down and use it for some subtle movement on pads and clean-ish chords.

15. LeftyGuitarist

LeftyGuitarist Member

I found a good deal on a Maz 18 Jr. I hope to have it soon. Thanks to those who posted suggestions.

16. boyce89976

Nice! Those are great amps! Enjoy!

LeftyGuitarist likes this.
  17. btjguitarman

my favorite el84 amp of all time. What configuration?

LeftyGuitarist likes this.
  18. cjm254

cjm254 Member

#truth

btjguitarman and kdm1218 like this.
  19. btjguitarman

Also the shop where I played the iridium said I missed a pt15 by a day. Sold within hours of being on the floor. Boooooooo

thebeebs likes this.
  20. tobereleased

tobereleased Member

Mesa F50 and a 5W tweed Princeton clone, running stereo. Both on stage.

cjm254 and LeftyGuitarist like this.