P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Playpunk

Yeah, I've had a metric ton of life changes in the past year and a half, including getting married, moving, attending a new church, etc.
Also haven't been playing on a worship team for about as long.
Definitely shut down my GAS for that time, been mostly playing Helix at home every once in a while.

The new church I am attending has a 6 month minumum before joining the praise team, and I'm about 5 months in now. I may just get in sooner because I have an in, but we'll see. It'll definitely be an adjustment going from WLing the main service to playing guitar for the young adult service, but this is what I prefer anyways.

Didn't think this would happen, but with the release of the Strymon Iridium, Source Audio Collider, and learning that the Jackson Broken Arrow was a thing, I am going back to pedals from Helix. I'm currently in the process of building a new pedalboard around the Iridium. Already sold the Helix and backpack at (slight) profit.
I already miss the Helix and all of its functionality, but I'm excited to have a pedalboard again. Pedals make me happy, I guess.
Still waiting on a couple items to come in, but I'll definitely update on here when I'm building.

Generally when an offer gets declined on Reverb (buying or selling), I just send another offer. Some people are expecting to haggle with you, but some people will just decline immediately if your first offer is lower than they're expecting. I usually just try at first, and then ease off and go closer to what they're wanting, if it's within my threshold.
Am in the process for ditching the Kemper for a big old board with an Iridium as the amp sim. I like it very much. You won't be disappointed.

kingrazor

Generally when an offer gets declined on Reverb (buying or selling), I just send another offer. Some people are expecting to haggle with you, but some people will just decline immediately if your first offer is lower than they're expecting. I usually just try at first, and then ease off and go closer to what they're wanting, if it's within my threshold.
Yeah that's the thing I didn't even decline their offer, I countered for somewhere in-between their offer and my original listing price. But apparently they weren't up for haggling.

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, I've had a metric ton of life changes in the past year and a half, including getting married, moving, attending a new church, etc.
Definitely shut down my GAS for that time, been mostly playing Helix at home every once in a while.

The new church I am attending has a 6 month minumum before joining the praise team, and I'm about 5 months in now. I may just get in sooner because I have an in, but we'll see. It'll definitely be an adjustment going from WLing the main service to playing guitar for the young adult service, but this is what I prefer anyways.

Didn't think this would happen, but with the release of the Strymon Iridium, Source Audio Collider, and learning that the Jackson Broken Arrow was a thing, I am going back to pedals from Helix. I'm currently in the process of building a new pedalboard around the Iridium. Already sold the Helix and backpack at (slight) profit.
I already miss the Helix and all of its functionality, but I'm excited to have a pedalboard again. Pedals make me happy, I guess.
Still waiting on a couple items to come in, but I'll definitely update on here when I'm building.

Congrats on getting married! Looking forward to seeing a shot of your new board when you get it all set up.

MattLeFevers

I do think there's a very slight mid hump with the "klon-esque" tweaks to the circuit that may explain why you aren't a fan of that or tube screamers (which, as I'm sure you know have a much more obvious mid hump). I think if you're judging the tones you're getting solely based off playing by yourself that could be the issue. A full/totally uncompressed/flat EQ'd tone that is pleasing to the ears on its own is not always the best for filling out the appropriate frequencies in the full band mix.
Totally, yeah. I intentionally waited to get rid of the DRV until after I'd had a chance to use it in a service (which took a while, November having been very much a 'held together with duct tape and sheer willpower' kind of month in which I mostly played acoustic or bass). I actually found those qualities even more frustrating in a live context, which was the deal breaker I think. I could hear myself fine until I kicked on the DRV and then I disappeared under everything else. I wound up mostly not even using it after rehearsal.

I have enough respect for Matt Hoopes (and for Cody Bonnette of As Cities Burn, and the other users on this thread who have one) to one hundred percent chalk it up to it not fitting my personal rig and tastes, and not to consider it a judgment on the device. Definitely a YMMV thing.

I'm currently in the process of building a new pedalboard around the Iridium.
I had the same clever idea.
I'm doing a whole revamp as well to get the Iridium on my board, but have been quiet about posting until all the other pieces arrive in the mail. It's been a whole project; for a couple weeks now the floor in my home studio has been covered in different-sized patch cables and power splitters and velcro, and I'm on my fourth or fifth PedalPlayground mockup trying to make this all work. ;)

John K.

Silver Supporting Member
I had the same clever idea. Collider comes in today for me, Iridium is on order (sold my HX Stomp to try this combo).
The Iridium is amazing. I love the simplicity of it and how easy it is to dial in a good tone. I tried it at first at a local music store. Didn't love the Chime setting there, but I was playing through some cheap Fender Passport which was the only FR they had available. After getting one at home, the Chime setting is my favorite through my home monitors.
Am in the process for ditching the Kemper for a big old board with an Iridium as the amp sim. I like it very much. You won't be disappointed.
I definitely am not. This little box is magic haha
My board will be relatively small (23x13), with some tried and true pedals that I had always liked in the past.
Yeah that's the thing I didn't even decline their offer, I countered for somewhere in-between their offer and my original listing price. But apparently they weren't up for haggling.
Yeah, well that happens, too.
This is the opposite of your case, but I've had sellers decline reasonable offers immediately and then make offers unavailable right after declining mine.
Congrats on getting married! Looking forward to seeing a shot of your new board when you get it all set up.
Thanks!
And I definitely will. Pretty excited for the build. I realize that one of my favorite part of using pedals was actually putting boards together.

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
I'm doing a whole revamp as well to get the Iridium on my board, but have been quiet about posting until all the other pieces arrive in the mail. It's been a whole project; for a couple weeks now the floor in my home studio has been covered in different-sized patch cables and power splitters and velcro, and I'm on my fourth or fifth PedalPlayground mockup trying to make this all work. ;)
Nice! Even though your setup was still pretty quick and simple with the AA3 off to the side, there is something really nice and satisfying about literally setting your board down, plugging it in, and done.

John K.

Silver Supporting Member
I feel you. I just type "p" and it immediately fills to pedalplaygound now because I've done so many layout changes!

WillLane

We just started using SGI boxes for our remote iso box setup. They are working really well.
They are great, for sure. I have two XLR's run in a snake alongside a power cable for my board, so having the magic of balanced line noise cancellation is extremely important. Plus, our stage is extremely noisey EMI/RF-wise. Lifting the ground on an SGI will show you how much noise is actually entering the cable, and likewise how much noise is getting cancelled. The SGI's are invaluable for professional guitar setup solutions.

Ha to the “starter pack.” HX Stomp for wet effects? But you have an amp model showing on there and running stereo tube amps?
The amp model is bypassed when using physical amps, which I do 95% of the time. I originally made the patches using the Stomp's amp sims to save my hearing, and to save the sanity of the other people working in the Church building.

I think I assigned the amp to the footswitch for the picture for the a e s t h e t i c.

Pax

Silver Supporting Member

I had the same clever idea. Collider comes in today for me, Iridium is on order (sold my HX Stomp to try this combo).
Totally, yeah. I intentionally waited to get rid of the DRV until after I'd had a chance to use it in a service (which took a while, November having been very much a 'held together with duct tape and sheer willpower' kind of month in which I mostly played acoustic or bass). I actually found those qualities even more frustrating in a live context, which was the deal breaker I think. I could hear myself fine until I kicked on the DRV and then I disappeared under everything else. I wound up mostly not even using it after rehearsal.

I have enough respect for Matt Hoopes (and for Cody Bonnette of As Cities Burn, and the other users on this thread who have one) to one hundred percent chalk it up to it not fitting my personal rig and tastes, and not to consider it a judgment on the device. Definitely a YMMV thing.

Ordered the Iridium, Collider, and Wampler Terraform. Selling the HX Stomp, Nemesis and some other items to cover cost. So looking forward to turning knobs.

No complaints regarding anything I'm selling. HXS is a fantastic piece of gear and I'm staying in the family with the Collider/Nemesis swap. Would happily play them anytime. Just want to move away from menus and will need the reverbs the Collider provides after I sell the HXS.

kingrazor

They are great, for sure. I have two XLR's run in a snake alongside a power cable for my board, so having the magic of balanced line noise cancellation is extremely important. Plus, our stage is extremely noisey EMI/RF-wise. Lifting the ground on an SGI will show you how much noise is actually entering the cable, and likewise how much noise is getting cancelled. The SGI's are invaluable for professional guitar setup solutions.
I'm looking at getting the TC Electronic teleport system for the same reason.

littleNUKE393

Same! Have been eyeing these for a while and couldn't pass on that deal. Going to drop them in a epi les paul I inherited from my grandpa so I can start to put some mileage on a guitar that's pretty special to me.

I bought a set of their Ristrettos on pre sale like in July but like a true gear whore I didnt own a P90 guitar at the time. Had the original plan of building a kit LP Jr or something. Than life did what it does and got busy. Needless to say they have been laying on my desk for a while.

I hwve an Epi LP custom that currently has Seth Lovers in it. Fantastic pick ups, but also own a PRS 594 with their PAFs so they sit in the same territory.
Long story short I have no technical plans for them, they will find a home and I'm sure love whatever they go in.
I will admit I love hot rodding Epiphones, good quality electronics and a proper set up you have a mean guitar!

Gibs210

Too many buttons for this guy, I’d get lost.
We designed it to be far simpler than nemesis and ventris. What you see on the pedal is pretty much all there is to adjust in the desktop/mobile app. It’s pretty simple to run. The hardest thing if your a nemesis user, is getting used to moving the toggle switch back and forth when adjusting one side of the pedal and going to the other.

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
So how long til everyone sells off their Iridiums? I’m half kidding.
Does it even matter for Strymon? You can order one from a dealer for retail plus shipping and tax and have warranty, or wait 6 months and buy one on Reverb for $15-20 off, still pay tax and probably some shipping too.

John K.

Silver Supporting Member
Does it even matter for Strymon? You can order one from a dealer for retail plus shipping and tax and have warranty, or wait 6 months and buy one on Reverb for $15-20 off, still pay tax and probably some shipping too.
I bought mine from Alto Music, so while they can't discount Strymons directly, I got 10% of it towards the next purchase, so I got $40 off the next order and got 10% credit from that for the next order, and then so on and so forth and yes I fell into the marketing scheme.

Trending Topics