P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

dmutter

Looks like they got a buy one, get one deal on pants and tanks. A simple phone call could have saved them the embarrassment of dressing the same. And I guess the guy on the keytar couldn't afford to get his haircut finished?

:rotflmao:roll
I know you're having fun, but it reminded me of this...

There is a cool radio show/podcast called Ongoing History of New Music. It's fascinating, often giving you the story behind the music and the history of where music comes from. A few weeks back they published one on fashion, which talked about bands who wore "uniforms" (think Ramones, etc). It was an interesting listen:

metro6audio

Silver Supporting Member
I know you're having fun, but it reminded me of this...

There is a cool radio show/podcast called Ongoing History of New Music. It's fascinating, often giving you the story behind the music and the history of where music comes from. A few weeks back they published one on fashion, which talked about bands who wore "uniforms" (think Ramones, etc). It was an interesting listen:

I’ll check this out. For sure, Showbread was always a uniforms band, but heavily influenced by punk and post-hardcore bands that came before (The Refused being a MAJOR influence).

dmutter

I’ll check this out. For sure, Showbread was always a uniforms band, but heavily influenced by punk and post-hardcore bands that came before (The Refused being a MAJOR influence).
If you check out other episodes, lately they have been about specific genres of music... but if you dig back there are tons of specific artist features which are also really cool.

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member
In fiddle around time tonight, I finished up a nice ambient play around patch with 4 delays, 3 verbs, and a faux shimmer with a pitch shift+EQ blocks, then used that patch plus some drive to figure my way through the star spangled banner from “oh say does that...” to the end. It’s not Jimi but I had fun... man I should have done a fuzz... if only there was a way to record Helix straight to soundcloud on a phone I would post for you guys. I guess there’s still a way to post clips with the new format?
We had a former Navy Seal speak at our church a couple years ago and I was asked to play the anthem before he took the stage. I recorded a couple of endings during practice/learning it but in the end went with a more traditional ending.

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
We had a former Navy Seal speak at our church a couple years ago and I was asked to play the anthem before he took the stage. I recorded a couple of endings during practice/learning it but in the end went with a more traditional ending.
I remember when you posted that. It was awesome!

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member
I remember when you posted that. It was awesome!
I was trying to find the Star Spangled Banner, but instead I found this fun song. I did this probably a year, maybe 2 years ago. We did it at Camp 2018. "Love Lifted Me".

Last edited:

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
It’s been a quiet week in all of my typical threads. Makes me wonder if people aren’t liking the new updates or something.

valvestate

Hi guys. Any feedback or review with SOURCE AUDIO COLLIDER DELAY REVERB? It is much cheaper than a Timeline and seems it looks great with 2-in-1 functionality.

what do you think?

He_Ma

Sunday done. First one together with my wife (and band) in maybe two years for me. Songs went quite well and it was one of those "eyes were not dry" type gatherings. I can't maybe go more in detail here.

We practice 2 hours before church and it went terribly. Apparently one cable in bigger snake to the board was having some issues and there was big popping freq spike in 300-400 Hz range even when the eq was flat. That channel was used on other of my helix channels and we tried plenty of stuff before figuring it out. Once we did, we only had 1h left.

We have now some new behringer digital mixer and soundguy linked us monitor mixing app day before for wedges. It was really great to be able to control it yourself instead of asking can I get more of this&that and I don't need synth so much here etc between every song at rehearsal. Really great to be back. No recording, but there were not any songs sung in english. Probably the only one you people know is our father and some old hymn (No idea of the name in english) that was requested due to one 90 year old lady recently slept away and is now in better place.

dmutter

Awesome! Get clips if you can!
I got some videos. Not my best playing, first time back at it in 5 months and only 25min for rehearsal including a song change, but it wasn't a disaster. I was told not to play lead guitar, just washy chords and swells to create texture and fill things out (which I kinda did and kinda wove in some leads anyways ha ha). The worship leader is a guy I was in a band with in 2007-2008 and I haven't played music with him in 7 or 8 years, so it was real nice to connect again. I went direct with the Iridium.

Raise a Hallelujah:

How Great Is Our God & Cornerstone:

The other section of worship got cut from this video for some reason?? We did Great Are You Lord and some extended worship to end.

Last edited:

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
I got some videos. Not my best playing, first time back at it in 5 months and only 25min for rehearsal including a song change, but it wasn't a disaster. I was told not to play lead guitar, just washy chords and swells to create texture and fill things out (which I kinda did and kinda wove in some leads anyways ha ha). The worship leader is a guy I was in a band with in 2007-2008 and I haven't played music with him in 7 or 8 years, so it was real nice to connect again. I went direct with the Iridium.

Raise a Hallelujah:

The other section of worship got cut from this video for some reason?? We did Great Are You Lord and some extended worship to end.
Iridium sounds great!

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member

Raise a Hallelujah:

Nice job, bro!

dmutter

Hit me up if you have a good exercise to push me to learn/develop some more skills on guitar. I know it's vague, just hitting a touch of a rut these days so I'd welcome any suggestions.

Kylote

Hit me up if you have a good exercise to push me to learn/develop some more skills on guitar. I know it's vague, just hitting a touch of a rut these days so I'd welcome any suggestions.
In a similar place... most of my "practice" time, when I'm not specifically learning a song we're playing, is just noodling because I'm not sure what I should or could be learning :confused:

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
Find some drum loops in a style you wouldn’t usually play with and improv with it. I do that sometimes with a guy named Jim Dooley that I found on YouTube. Means you have to go through an interface or whatever, but it’s different anyway!

Trending Topics