P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

dmutter

Today I've got 2 sets for a small youth retreat and 1 for a funeral in between. All acoustic, just me with my wife singing. Should be a full day. I did something dumb yesterday and smashed up my right thumb (the one that's gotta hold a pick all day), so this is also gonna be a painful day pushing through.

Kylote

Nevermind, the only listing in striking distance doesn't accept offers :confused:

I'll just keep a watch if there's ever a good deal on there to snatch up

FiremanMike

I think maybe I could justify upgrading to a Helix Floor if I could find an excellent condition one for $1100 shipped... feel like I could get $800 for my LT and $300 isn’t too bad of an upgrade price...
Personally I don't see much of a reason to go from the LT to the floor, what's your thoughts on the move?

Kylote

Personally I don't see much of a reason to go from the LT to the floor, what's your thoughts on the move?
Just build quality, scribble strips, separate headphone volume knob and I could probably find use for a mic input. Mostly just knowing there is a nicer Helix out there...

Actually just found one and picked it up on Reverb. Guess I'm going to need to start working on glamor shots of my LT. Tax killed me a little bit, otherwise I would have come in under $1,100 shipped.

MattLeFevers

Can anyone give me some ideas for a lead part for Good Good Father? Honestly I must just switch to acoustic for that..
I always just wind up playing fifths/a power chord really high up. Like if you’re doing it in C:

F..............C............Dm7...........G
——15~———-15~————15~-————
-13————13————-15————12~—
———————————————————
———————————————————
———————————————————
———————————————————

... and letting it ring out. Swells or whatever on the verses and big ringing chords on the bridge. It’s not a very electric guitary song for sure.

(Typing out a lame tab on my phone so apologies if this gets absolutely obliterated by the formatting haha)

FiremanMike

I always just wind up playing fifths/a power chord really high up. Like if you’re doing it in C:

F..............C............Dm7...........G
——15~———-15~————15~-————
-13————13————-15————12~—
———————————————————
———————————————————
———————————————————
———————————————————

... and letting it ring out. Swells or whatever on the verses and big ringing chords on the bridge. It’s not a very electric guitary song for sure.

(Typing out a lame tab on my phone so apologies if this gets absolutely obliterated by the formatting haha)
I gave up, I found an acoustic patch for my helix, I'll just swap..

I just couldn't find anything that really sounded good..

ebenezer

Gold Supporting Member
So I did a thing.....

So far....it’s great. Will it replace every OD, Distortion, Fuzz I have? Probably not. But does it come packed with some amazing tones? Yes, a thousand times yes. As Dan and Mick from TPS said, it’s a little more “Hifi” sounding, which can be a good thing. I haven’t played it live yet, but just quickly fooling around with it I can tell you it has some great sounds. Anyways, after some more time with it, I’ll post more.

Last edited:

JokeSmuggler

Silver Supporting Member
So I did a thing.....

So far....it’s great. Will it replace every OD, Distortion, Fuzz I have? Probably not. But does it come packed with some amazing tones? Yes, a thousand times yes. As Dan and Mick from TPS said, it’s a little more “Hifi” sounding, which can be a good thing. I haven’t played it live yet, but just quickly fooling around with it I can tell you it has some great sounds. Anyways, after some more time with it, I’ll post more.
That is a heck of a thing you did!!!

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
So I did a thing.....

What is it?

JokeSmuggler

Silver Supporting Member
Got the Timeline mounted today and set up my two main presets using the dTape algorithm. Looking forward to the maiden voyage tomorrow! That funky midi cable will be changed out with a BPTA cable soon, I just need ones that's about 5" longer than the one I have.
Dude your chorus is exploring the ocean!!! Lol. I’m gonna try that setting this week to see what it sounds like. I usually run it on PM 1.5, 2, 3 left to right. It has this computery sound that i think is really cool, it sounds retro but not really like a chorus.

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member
Dude your chorus is exploring the ocean!!! Lol. I’m gonna try that setting this week to see what it sounds like. I usually run it on PM 1.5, 2, 3 left to right. It has this computery sound that i think is really cool, it sounds retro but not really like a chorus.
Haha, yeah... at those settings it's pretty swampy. That's my vibrato setting (using the chorus for a Leslie-type effect). Normally, the first knob on the left would be up at "5".

Last edited:

dickjonesify

Now that we have an X32, we'll be multitracking. Every Sunday won't yield something worth mixing hahaha but if it does, it'll be nice to have.

Here are some all Kemper tones from last Sunday (our first full band and inside services since March!). I'm using a few profiles from Brian Carl's CHFTN pack.

Kylote

Now that we have an X32, we'll be multitracking. Every Sunday won't yield something worth mixing hahaha but if it does, it'll be nice to have.

Here are some all Kemper tones from last Sunday (our first full band and inside services since March!). I'm using a few profiles from Brian Carl's CHFTN pack.

Our X32 Compact has made multitracking so easy... we have one in our social hall. In our sanctuary we have the way more expensive Yamaha LS9 and we would need buy like a $400-500 card add-on to get what we have out of the box with the X32.

dickjonesify

Our X32 Compact has made multitracking so easy... we have one in our social hall. In our sanctuary we have the way more expensive Yamaha LS9 and we would need buy like a $400-500 card add-on to get what we have out of the box with the X32.
Yeah the LS9 is sooooo old at this point. Everything digital was more expensive back in those days haha. You might have trouble selling it for $1K at this point.

b80

First Sunday using the Iridium with the David Hislop IRs. I had a stereo Blue/Green signal going. It was a super noticeable improvement in my in-ears. Our singers even turned around, at one point, and commented how great my guitar sounded.

I also switched the order of my TS9 and Superbolt. I had been using the TS9 as a low gain drive and the Superbolt as my lead sound, but, reversed their roles this morning. I don't know if it's the power of suggestion, but I felt the Superbolt was a bit more smooth in front of the TS9. Maybe because of the TS9's buffer? I dunno. It sounded rad.

Also pictured is my modded Epiphone Dot. It's got a custom wound PAF style in the bridge that a local guy created for me.

Trending Topics