• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

crambone

Holy crap I am still on 2.7. I am really lazy about updating lately since I am not playing in church. Plus my Helix software was installed on the laptop for the job I no longer have so yeah, more work to do when I am lazy haha

In all seriousness I am taking next week off of work so I should really make myself do it then. I am also looking in to getting a Stomp and making another board to utilize my King of Tone and also add a GLXD wireless. Pretty much like @kdm1218 has. I’ve already got a Metro 24 with HSC I got on a great Black Friday deal a while ago.

He_Ma

yeah I mean if they last then for sure. I just know I lose half a bag of picks by the time I leave the store so that much on one scares me
I lose pickcs quite a lot too, but at the moment I've yet to lose those that cost a bit more. Usually when something is little more expensive you take little better care of things.

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
@crambone you really should update sometime when you can, lots of fun stuff since then. Nothing wrong at all with a Stomp + KOT board! Also now with 3.0 Stomp gets 8 blocks instead of 6 so you really can get a long way with that.

Got my strings changed, not my favorite thing ever but it wasn’t that bad with a couple of the tips from that video from @r080. It took me a lot longer to get my new nut filed to fit just right than to actually do the strings. I also cleaned and polish frets and oiled the fretboard and got it looking like a brand new guitar.

Kylote

Looking forward to testing some of 3.0 today. Really looking foward to trying out the Poly Capo so I can play some Eb standard songs without tuning all the strings down a half step :)

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
Looking forward to testing some of 3.0 today. Really looking foward to trying out the Poly Capo so I can play some Eb standard songs without tuning all the strings down a half step :)
Same, I have a single preset for one of our originals with one of the older pitch shift blocks and have made that work, but want to see if I can get that preset where all its essentials still fit and can add Poly Capo.

I also want to mess with the acoustic simulator some. I have an “acoustic” patch that is actually used for if there is a song I need an acoustic sound but not going to bring a whole separate guitar. I may actually need that next weekend so that will probably be my first goal.

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
That poly pitch shifting eats up sooooo much dsp lol
Yeah I personally don’t see much exploring it period. I already have a good POG type sound with the dual pitch effect and I only use it on single note lead type stuff so it does that plenty capably.

PianoMan

Silver Supporting Member
Installed 3.0 on my HX Stomp yesterday during lunch. Some cool stuff there! The new pitch stuff is definitely cool, but my POG 2 definitely still sounds better. I was a little disappointed that they didn't include a high cut in the block. If I end up using anything, I suspect it will be one of the new fuzzes. I liked pretty much all of them!

I'll say this though - if someone can come up with a good Glitch delay patch, I could see myself using that in some ambient swells to add some cool texture. I liked what I was getting, but all the settings were a little too much for my tastes.

thebeebs

Installed 3.0 on my HX Stomp yesterday during lunch. Some cool stuff there! The new pitch stuff is definitely cool, but my POG 2 definitely still sounds better. I was a little disappointed that they didn't include a high cut in the block. If I end up using anything, I suspect it will be one of the new fuzzes. I liked pretty much all of them!

I'll say this though - if someone can come up with a good Glitch delay patch, I could see myself using that in some ambient swells to add some cool texture. I liked what I was getting, but all the settings were a little too much for my tastes.
I'm looking forward to messing with the glitch delay, but haven't gotten to mess around with it yet.

TomBombadil

The pitch stuff is cool but I wish we could get a straight up Enzo-style true synth effect. I just don’t find a lot of use for regular pitch stuff.
The freeze effect is going to be really cool to just jam with, though.
Ultimately the winner of this update is the 8 stomp blocks.

lerxst_x

I asked him and he said he wouldn’t have one, cause he’s a one man operation and basically builds to order and isn’t trying to move stock or whatever.

I wonder if it would still fit correctly in the case. I just thought about that.
My double cut Jet still fits fine with the bigsfix. It doesn’t stick up that much.

teleguy234234

Anyone try the artist presets in 3.0? Some you can tell aren’t that familiar with the helix or just didn’t want anything complex but others I was very impressed with! Pete thorn’s has an amp a/b switch that I think mixes in a dirty amp for flavor. Super cool. Really loving the Princeton as well!

thebeebs

Anyone try the artist presets in 3.0? Some you can tell aren’t that familiar with the helix or just didn’t want anything complex but others I was very impressed with! Pete thorn’s has an amp a/b switch that I think mixes in a dirty amp for flavor. Super cool. Really loving the Princeton as well!
I only got a few minutes last night to check some out but here is what I thought:
the higher gain stuff (misha mansoor, bill kelliher, rabea massad) were great and a ton of fun, especially because I just put together a guitar for drop C. Like instantly usable sounds.
I thought Rhett Shull's sounded good, but I want to dive deeper and see what's going on - it's a complicated preset.
I need to revisit Pete Thorn's. I was expecting like a marshall sound or something, so I was a little disappointed with his. It just seemed bland.
I was EXTREMELY bummed that Dustin Kensrue's was just this weird ambient thing. I was really hoping for something close to what he uses live, especially for mid to high gain sounds. Instead it's just random ambient sounds.
I thought Fluff's (from riffs beards and gear) was alright, but again, was hoping for something closer to what he uses live/in videos.

teleguy234234

I only got a few minutes last night to check some out but here is what I thought:
the higher gain stuff (misha mansoor, bill kelliher, rabea massad) were great and a ton of fun, especially because I just put together a guitar for drop C. Like instantly usable sounds.
I thought Rhett Shull's sounded good, but I want to dive deeper and see what's going on - it's a complicated preset.
I need to revisit Pete Thorn's. I was expecting like a marshall sound or something, so I was a little disappointed with his. It just seemed bland.
I was EXTREMELY bummed that Dustin Kensrue's was just this weird ambient thing. I was really hoping for something close to what he uses live, especially for mid to high gain sounds. Instead it's just random ambient sounds.
I thought Fluff's (from riffs beards and gear) was alright, but again, was hoping for something closer to what he uses live/in videos.
Yep spot on! I have to say Rhett’s certainly sounded usable as well. I like the stereo width idea as well. I haven’t really explored the factory presets but honestly, there are some pretty fun ones named after titles we all know. The tones are a little cheesy but fun to play.

teleguy234234

I seem to remember checking Dustin Kensrue’s snapshots and finding a less ambient one. May need to play around more!

thebeebs

Yep spot on! I have to say Rhett’s certainly sounded usable as well. I like the stereo width idea as well. I haven’t really explored the factory presets but honestly, there are some pretty fun ones named after titles we all know. The tones are a little cheesy but fun to play.
Yeah, I have never messed with factory presets but I should. Probably give me good ideas so my patches stop sounding crappy haha

TomBombadil

Working on a few songs for Sunday the 29th. I’m really enjoying rhythm on Waymaker because it’s four chords over literally the entire song. I’m glad to have that and Build my Life because I’m struggling with the third song, Who Is Like The Lord. The last chorus/Bridge are weird.

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
My double cut Jet still fits fine with the bigsfix. It doesn’t stick up that much.
Thanks, I also confirmed with him via email. Once I get some birthday money I will probably go ahead and order one, and then install once I re-string again. I’m assuming there would be no way to install that and not make a mess of it all with existing strings.
Working on a few songs for Sunday the 29th. I’m really enjoying rhythm on Waymaker because it’s four chords over literally the entire song. I’m glad to have that and Build my Life because I’m struggling with the third song, Who Is Like The Lord. The last chorus/Bridge are weird.
Sarcasm cause it’s boring or sincere cause it’s simple and gives you more time with the tougher one? or both? :)

TomBombadil

Thanks, I also confirmed with him via email. Once I get some birthday money I will probably go ahead and order one, and then install once I re-string again. I’m assuming there would be no way to install that and not make a mess of it all with existing strings.

Sarcasm cause it’s boring or sincere cause it’s simple and gives you more time with the tougher one? or both? :)
Very sincere! I’m learning a lot of new songs and trying to get my Hx Stomp effects sounding good for all 3 songs and having a set list set up that I can just scroll through, so I super appreciate knowing two of the three songs already and having to do minimal prep there.

Trending Topics